Denied Economy balance

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicNarrator

Feb 28, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
this suggestion adds a money sink

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not to my knowledge.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
1. This change will allow better conversion rates between the V point to IGM ratio that is currently experiencing inflation.
2. the value of items would be more balanced when grinding for materials as the total IGM is lower in the server
3. makes having more money more desirable as there's a purpose rather than having more than a vast amount of money (this would be subjective to each person) is pointless to one degree.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
None, inflation is bad for the games economy overtime as it is with the real world.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
For continual longevity of the server and being able to monitor and have a near definitive and stable conversion ratios between items, money and V points.

There are quite a few ways to earn money in SCP-RP but not many major money sinks that allow the balance of goods and items. This would naturally cause inflation of goods and could lead to worsening balance of V-point to IGM ratios. I suggest that we add a bail out for any jail time spent, so for example a 10 min jail time would be 10K bail out if they choose to do so or 5K dependent on how you want to charge per minute.

I would also suggest increases to MRE kits and desirable food items to create a greater need for good chefs and for people to be paid on this role better from P2P trades. Perishables such as MREs and NPC items should be charged at a greater rate such as at least 500-750 USD for 1 MRE. I would suggest that to further the balance, an NPC or event every month where people can buy almost anything for a limited time, at a premium rate, could be added and that money earned would be removed.

A money sink is good for the economy and makes grinding for items worth the grind in the end so I'm interested what others would think of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: wojtekpolska

Bush von Mann

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 12, 2022
10k for a 10 minute bail is insanity. $750 for an MRE is bordering insanity.
You'd have to seriously jack up the salaries on the server if you want to sustain that kind of economy. This isn't America, we don't have $100,000 to spend on an involuntary ambulance ride.

EpicNarrator

Feb 28, 2024
10k for a 10 minute bail is insanity. $750 for an MRE is bordering insanity.
You'd have to seriously jack up the salaries on the server if you want to sustain that kind of economy. This isn't America, we don't have $100,000 to spend on an involuntary ambulance ride.

Are you that narrow minded that you can’t think of normal alternatives to the “insanity” of what game economics are? A bail out is completely optional? Wait the ten minutes for free like you do now or pay to get out early? Make food so you don’t need to buy expensive MREs, this change encourages more chefs to make better items like pizzas rather what they’re currently doing is running into d block all the time to drop off guns hahah! Think outside the box and come up with some alternatives. Money sinks are important for a game that had p2p trading.

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
Yes because there isn’t free ingredients on surface to scavenge, oh wait..
im saying that an implementation of a money sink should probably tax rich players more heavily, or correspond with higher salaries in general, else new players will find it near impossible to get a leg up, not specifically in the food economy. nonetheless, i desire a money sink but this might not be the best way to do it

EpicNarrator

Feb 28, 2024
im saying that an implementation of a money sink should probably tax rich players more heavily, or correspond with higher salaries in general, else new players will find it near impossible to get a leg up, not specifically in the food economy. nonetheless, i desire a money sink but this might not be the best way to do it
Yes then let’s make some suggestions how we can do that, I said I’m open to suggestions of a money sink and gave ideas not to get those ideas passed but to get a money sink in place buddy.

wojtekpolska

Sep 20, 2023
now the poor can starve in scprp too
they can always cook at the chef
its honestly kind of stupid you can just buy MREs so cheapily, they were meant to be a shortcut for richer players who have spare cash to get the convinience of easier food, the budget option was supposed to be getting food from a chef, or cooking yourself.
but when cooking yourself is actually more expensive everyone just takes the easy option

Second

hey @EpicNarrator, I just quickly used ChatGPT to change your suggestion into the correct format. Please edit your original post to follow it, thanks!

Edit: I see you already updated your post, so no worries! Have a nice day mate!

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

• Adds a bail out option for jail time with suggested rates.
  • increasing prices for MRE kits and perishable food items.
  • Proposes periodic NPC or event where premium-priced items are available.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
N/A

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • Economic balance: Introducing a bail out option and adjusting prices for items can mitigate inflation and maintain a stable in-game economy.
  • Enhanced gameplay dynamics: The suggested premium item events can add excitement and variety to the game, encouraging player engagement.
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • Potential resistance from players accustomed to existing economic dynamics.
  • Implementation complexities, such as adjusting prices and managing premium events, could require substantial development resources.
Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This suggestion should be accepted as it offers a multifaceted approach to addressing economic concerns, enhancing gameplay depth, and ensuring long-term sustainability. By implementing these changes, the game can achieve a more balanced and immersive experience for its players.
thats WIIIIILD

Neutral reputation though the economy is fine just AFK on GOC Ambassador job for billions

Edwin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 10, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @EpicNarrator ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

Money is not a core focus of the server increasing prices will cause a higher expenditure of money meaning it will become a more valued commodity giving it a larger focus. Furthermore "Money sinks" do exist in the form of crates, keys and other ways players may used their money (e.g buying cyanide). We believe the server economy is in a good place right now and changing it is either unnecessary or harmful.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.