Denied Edit 1.28 Sampling Limit

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 10, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
With this suggestion I want to suggest that the sampling limit is increased for UNGOC and Chaos Insurgency, if not also Foundation. I feel, that adding a feature in which you can gain samples from SCP's to use as an advantage only to restrict it to oblivion is contradictory.

OLD
[ 1.28 Sampling Limit ] - Players, per group, may only sample 3 liters of any item from one SCP every 30 minutes. (A group being per department, MTF unit, and Factions like UNGOC/CI)

NEW
[ 1.28 Sampling Limit ] - Players, per group, may only sample 8 liters of any item from one SCP every 30 minutes. (A group being per department, MTF unit, and Factions like UNGOC/CI/MC&D). Factions can sample for another faction, under the condition that this sampling was agreed on.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
-Increase of Inter-Faction Roleplay
-Increased Sample stocks in market
-Increase of Tactics used around the sampling system
-(CI) CCU will get more work for the future, likewise to other faction chemical units.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
-Strong Potions could develop (not necessarily a negative but it is what it is)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I am already expecting the response of "Oh it's not fair for Nu-7 or for Foundation in general because it takes them ages to get D-Class to sample", yes I agree.
Yet Foundation has the complete and utter ability to use UNGOC as a friendly partner to help in this scenario, something called inter-faction role play (comes short as of recent times because I am quite sure GOC-F Relations are quite harsh). Honestly, I wouldn't even mind Nu-7 getting their own little "Field Researcher" Job to sample an SCP. Now why would GOC or CI have to shrink down? Well I do agree there should be a limit because I feel bad for the SCP's that are subject of 30 minutes of sampling, this should not be happening. An increase to like 8 liters per department/faction should be highly considered, it is hard to experiment with the little sample you get especially from SCP's that are hard to reach (speaking from a UNGOC and CI position) because those are not particularly easy to reach.
Speaking from a CI Position we have CCU (Chemical-orientated sub-unit) that would surely appreciate this increase because 3 liters of for example 323-blood is quite scarce.

My main point here being, factions should roleplay these kind of incidents to share samples. Perhaps even sample for a faction like GOC used to do when setting up truces with all factions to target a surface anomaly, everyone got their share with peace. This rule obviously made this kind of roleplay harder or even impossible to exist. It makes diplomacy valuable to everyone since these samples are advantageous on both sides.

I take this position to the limiting of so called "god potions" too because after all these are all features added to the game for a reason to experiment with and are equal on all sides, anyone can copy these potions if found out how to do them and have the ressources. If one of that or both is missing, that's a entire Roleplay issue that should be left to roleplay and not limited by rules. Obviously I agree that some god potions are actually overpowered and deserve their limiting or nerf if they can't be replicated for some factions but if it's easily replicatable for multiple factions then it's completely fair in my view. Overall, the lack of resources should be handled in Roleplay, as that adds up to inter-faction roleplay that can arrange trades.

MazuzaM

Apr 7, 2022
I find it more reasonable +support
An Average sized man holds 5.6 liters of liquids, why shouldn't a large sized monster hold more?

MRE

Oct 27, 2022
I believe increasing the limit is a good idea, and 8 liters makes sense for GOC and CI since they have less access to SCPs. However, i believe foundation should be around 5-6 Liters per session.
Overall, + Support

Jack "Fubar" Daniel

Feb 10, 2023
+support
since goc/ci doesnt have other mtfs or departments they're stuck to 3 liters only for everyone. Having it where is 8 per mtf/department/goi, allows everyone to get enough samples. This is also going to help with the fact that you get 50/50 samples of calcium and anomolous bone marrow from 8854

MTF Nu-7 Major [Holding]
UNGOC Sergeant [Holding]

legionnaires6

Jul 23, 2022
+support
since goc/ci doesnt have other mtfs or departments they're stuck to 3 liters only for everyone. Having it where is 8 per mtf/department/goi, allows everyone to get enough samples. This is also going to help with the fact that you get 50/50 samples of calcium and anomolous bone marrow from 8854

MTF Nu-7 Major [Holding]
UNGOC Sergeant [Holding]
+support
Can't agree more than this.

Rev. Doofster Runner

Jun 27, 2022
Australia
I'd say 8L is a bit much, maybe 6L if they CAPTURE it and 3L if not captured (invited to take samples) for CI and GOC.

Foundation since they house the SCPs should be fine with the current amount tbh to avoid crashing the value of the chemicals of causing mass production of hard chemicals.

NEUTRAL for now because 8L is too much, but it is something that for CI and GOC I think should be buffed

Nate Mercer / 'Tactician'

Civil Gamers Expert
May 10, 2022
Tiananmen Square, China
en.wikipedia.org
- Support
This is a fair suggestion. The recent change of the sampling limit on SCP was introduced to combat the high amount of chemicals already in circulation but in my opinion was far to late in its introduction to do anything at all with multiple people hording everlasting amounts of chemicals. The recent change significantly harms the smaller GOIs as they would never have the easy access that Foundation has with their SCPs.

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
+Support
Literally takes hours to get 1.5L of anima
Just for you to use it in 2 raids

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Suggestion Denied
Hi @Jam,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because something similar is already on the works, in regards to how the sampling limit will be.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.