Ella Rayman Director Of Internal Affairs Application. [UK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERaven

Donator
Mar 7, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:580887168
Discord name: eraven
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Roughly 24 Days according to the 1 year achievement
In what country are you located?: UK
Time zone: BST
Character name(s): Evie “Raven” Steel, Ella Rayman. (Had Eren Raven but not used anymore)
Civilian name: E. Raven
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP UK
Do you have a mic?:Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
  • IA Ambassador (holding), Ethics Committee Assistant (holding)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
  • 2 RDM Warnings on my first day on the server, however these were falsely reported to be me in the wrong and the correct person did get punished however mine were never removed and at the time i wasnt aware of the appeals/complaints system.
  • 1 combat cuffing warn however this was due to a misinterpretation of the rules on my behalf before they were further clarified by staff. This was an issue I accept responsibility for and have ensured that I am fully up to date with rule clarifications and ensure I know in what situations a rule would and wouldn’t apply.
    All of these warnings are long expired
  • I also have a large number of AFK kicks from writing documentation as I try to ensure all of my documentation work is to the highest possible standard.

Why are you applying for Director of Internal Affairs:

The first reason I am applying for Director of Internal Affairs is to increase the RP within the department. This process has been started with the introduction of the new subdivision within IA. Whilst this group has not had much of an opportunity to create and involve themselves in RP there are plans made for them that are yet to be rolled out.
The second reason is that I have ideas for an improvement to the department offices with the addition making the current ambassador spawn room an ambassador room with cl4 cabinets and moving the computer into the agent spawn room to create a separate area for ambassadors whilst being able to keep the directors office a space for the directors without the clutter or of all the documentation ambassadors create. It would also create a more secure area within the Directors office as there would be fewer persons who know the code. As such documents with a higher impact on the site will be able to be stored within this room.

I also plan to increase the amount of trainings and lectures done by the department to increase the standard of the regular agents. This would also include a number of cross trainings with other departments and the MTFs.

As a department I believe there is the opportunity to act as much more than a police force that I feel we are not taking advantage of. I also want to work with the other departments to create new policies about how to further utilize the department’s personnel. An example of this would be working alongside E-11 and the Department of Research to create guidelines for IA overseeing testing, especially in regards to 1162 and 914 testing. I also want to bring back the points of interest and agent assignment system that has somewhat died out recently as that will allow the department to find those onsite who break the FLC.
What makes you suitable for Director of Internal Affairs?:

I have experience in the position of ambassador, being at this point being one of the longest serving active ambassadors, this gives me an in depth knowledge of how the Department of Internal Affairs works already. It has also shown me areas that need to be improved on in the department. Unfortunately some of these issues I am unable to deal with at this time with my current position as ambassador however since the reassignment of the last director I have been presented with an opportunity to step up and assist with leading the department and making these changes. My position of ambassador has also taught me the leadership skills needed for taking charge of a department.

I am also very good at taking a neutral and fair side in any cases that may require me to act as such. In this role I am capable of ensuring that evidence stands taller and louder than any feeling or emotions that may be connected to the situation. This had been shown through the series of investigations I have run into the department itself, within these investigations I acted on all information gathered on wrongdoing of agents despite any preference I might have for them. This skill is vital for the role of Director as you are often required to mediate more serious situations that require a large amount of impartiality.

As an Ambassador I have shown I can take the lead with myself often taking control of the actions of Internal Affairs agents during situations such as Code 5s and Code Blacks, This lead to a period of time where I recorded a 90% non-combatant evacuation within the first 10 minutes of a code black situation and there was frequently agents operating Checkpoint Charlie during code 5s. Sadly this period of time had ended but I do have plans to encourage agents to do their duties fully as well as ensuring these duties are fully covered and tested during the Internal affairs training if I was successful in my application to the position of Director.

I also have many ideas for the department, ranging from creating lectures and trainings for already approved agents, a reshuffle of the office area all the way to ideas to specialize a group of agents to performing certain tasks that might require a more delicate handling than the average case which has been started recently.. I believe all of these ideas would act to benefit the department as a whole and improve the ways in which the Department of Internal Affairs interacts and ensures the smooth running of the site through ensuring that all personnel correctly follow the foundation legal codex. My ideas would also serve to interest more people into the work of the department so that we consistently have a number of active agents who are better equipped to enforce the FLC.

I also plan to re-convene with the US site to speak about the changes to the department that were denied recently to speak about any changes to the suggestion that we could make to improve the effectiveness and agent retention in the department by giving a sense of progression without the promotion to ambassador.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Internal Affairs in RP?:

• The Director of Internal Affairs acts as the highest member of the department, being the go to for any ambassadors with questions about policies or procedures.
  • They also are responsible for creating such policies and ensuring that they are correctly followed by the ambassadors
  • The Director serves as a point of contact for SA and SC for the department. The director can also act as a middleman when it comes to ambassadors contacting such entities should the ambassador not be able to contact them personally.
  • The directors are responsible for accepting and interviewing for new ambassador positions in an unbiased way based on the application and the departmental leadership’s views on the person applying

Please give some lore about your Director of Internal Affairs character and what storylines they would be involved in:
1690778234721.png1690778250655.png1690778264083.png1690778329686.png1690778342677.png1690778342677.png

yedekkral

Jun 26, 2023
Neutral, a good candidate. But not that active as an Ambassador for Internal Affairs. I may change my mind about the result of the application if it is positive. But I would rather have an active ambassador be the Director for Internal Affairs.

ERaven

Donator
Mar 7, 2023
Neutral, a good candidate. But not that active as an Ambassador for Internal Affairs. I may change my mind about the result of the application if it is positive. But I would rather have an active ambassador be the Director for Internal Affairs.
Hi kurt.
Thank you for the feedback.
Whilst I am not the most active in game this is due to the fact that I have spent the last month and a half working on the IA subdivision alongside various other groups.
I have also been on a period of reduced activity due to personal reasons however my activity of recent has increased it has mostly been spent doing work for both the subdivision and personal assignments I have been working on.

Reactions: yedekkral

checkraisefold

Dec 3, 2022
+support
A more than fit candidate. The main Ambassador going above and beyond regular departmental duties in establishing the current subdivision with a lot of behind the scenes work going into improving the department. Application is comprehensive and highly detailed.

ERaven

Donator
Mar 7, 2023
+/- Neutral
Personally I have not seen you much on IA ambassador, but I know you have been it for a long time and that you are competend enough.

Good luck!
Hi dutch thank you for the response.
Much like I said to kurt a lot of my work as ambassador has been behind the scenes trying to improve the rp loop for the department both with the sub division and in regards to content side suggestion that was agreed on by both servers which unfortunately was denied. I am in the process of upping my activity as if late.

Mark Belgrum (Dutch)

Oct 5, 2022
The Netherlands
Hi dutch thank you for the response.
Much like I said to kurt a lot of my work as ambassador has been behind the scenes trying to improve the rp loop for the department both with the sub division and in regards to content side suggestion that was agreed on by both servers which unfortunately was denied. I am in the process of upping my activity as if late.
Hi Raven,

Yeah no worries. I am LOA so i cannot really judge on activity as of current unfortunatly.

Critical

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Event Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 6, 2022
+Support.

Was my choice in line with what is now ECM Charles when it came to who should get IA Director. Has provided a lot to the department and would be a good fit.

J. 'Eidolon' Shekelstein

Sep 10, 2022
Forum_Post_CL4.png

- Ethics Committee Verdict Report
- Ms. Rayman for Director of Internal Affairs

Good Evening Ms. Rayman,

Thank you for showing an interest in the position of Director of Internal Affairs; The Committee has met in deliberation of your application and concluded that you are not yet suited to assume the position of Director. You may contact me personally at your own leisure if you require elaboration on the Committee's decision. You may reapply for this position in two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.