Accepted Emplacement Balance Suggestion

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampuffin

Feb 20, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove: I've already made this suggestion before and it got really favorable votes so I'm going to reiterate and expand on what I think should be done.
1656935679763.png

Firstly, let's start with the KWK:

There are currently 5 shell types for the KWK: Smoke, HE, AP, APC and APCR.
The only 2 used right now are Smoke (mostly as a meme or on gates on Afghan so basically it's unused now) and APCR, which can instakill a tonk or a heli. I propose to make some balance changes to make the KWK more enjoyable based on what shell you're using along with tweaked ammo costs for more incentive to use em. It would make the other types of shells actually useful and not just redundant trash you just scroll through to get to APCR.

Smoke: 10 ammo cost, unchanged otherwise, it's only smoke after all, shouldn't cost too much.
HE: 100 Ammo cost, medium-big blast radius, effective against infantry and barely effective against Light Armor vehicles due to the blast radius.
AP: 100 Ammo Cost, effective against Light Armor (Osh Kosh, Humvee, Vodnik, Gaz, Truck, etc) , can put a dent in Medium Armor but needs more hits to penetrate.
APC: 200 Ammo Cost Good against Medium Armor vehicles like Boxers, Bumerangs etc. Would kill a wounded tank but would otherwise need 2-3 shells otherwise.
APCR: 300 Ammo cost, effective against Battle Tanks, this one is unchanged.

These can obviously be tweaked as this is just a suggestion.

Now for the Browning

Simply put, they're basically useless and no one even bothers building them anymore, they just take up a buildable slot in the wheel. What I propose for balance is to make it super effective against Light Vehicles, mildly effective against Mediums, and useless against Heavy stuff like tanks. Increase the ammo cost for bigger damage against people as well, it is a .50 cal , it should rip through people instead of having to hold it on them for so long, TTK should be 2-3 seconds to allow for escape if the player is smart.

And finally the Mortar, not gonna talk Flaks since they're being worked on currently:

Simply put, these things are so damn broken and poorly implemented, an EA game at launch feels more bug free. Firstly, they can break after a few minutes of not being touched at all after being built, leading to me leaving mortars at 90% when building so I can get a new unbroken mortar to use in wars. Secondly, if someone touches them even once then leaves them, it's basically scrap metal. I know that the fact they're broken somewhat offsets how powerful they are, but that's like going through mud with an open wound, it's going to break even harder at some point. There already is balance due to the high cost-high reward style of play it adds, they eat through ammo like crazy but setting them up is a bitch to do and the reward is pretty great for going through all that set-up. Best solution I've seen for it is just updating Gredwitch Emplacements, I've tried it and it works so well.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

It would enable more use of the Emplacements and would actually make them feel polished and a crucial part of FOB play, defense would be way more interesting since it would give the player more options instead of having to do the exact same thing every time we attack/defend a FOB.
It would also fix some underlying balance and bug issues like ammo costs being way too high for weaker variants such as 300 ammo for a smoke shell on the KWK and the big bugs on Mortars. Ammo would be way more of a precious resource than it already is and the player would have to be more mindful on how it's used, right now the only 2 uses for ammo are for Mortars, which are almost exclusively used by me at this point (on UAN at least) and KWKs on APCR.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
It is possible the HE might backfire and be spammed on infantry constantly if it'd be allowed to used on them of course, but different ammo cost and blast radius than what I suggested might fix it.
Mortars might become overused but again, increasing ammo cost and damage would offset that. Not sure though.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I'd say that the positives far outweigh the negatives, it would add more functionality to what's already there and encourage variety, it would fix what's broken and whatever problems might appear are presumably easy fixes since they're just values.

Upvote 7
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Kamil

Civil Gamers Expert
Oct 17, 2021
+support

(Though I was always told you can't kwk infantry so I'm not sure what the he can do for that)

Reactions: Vampuffin

Vampuffin

Feb 20, 2022
+support

(Though I was always told you can't kwk infantry so I'm not sure what the he can do for that)
Yeah a rule would need to be added that specifies you can only use HE shells on infantry.

Eisenhower

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 6, 2022
+support
If emplacements become more versatile and useful then people are more likely to want to build, rebuild and even supply FOBs mid-war giving the server a new war dynamic. Please implement ASAP ?

Reactions: Vampuffin

Chad Power

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 8, 2021
Suggestion Accepted

Hi @Vampuffin , Your suggestion has been accepted.

It will be added to our backlog as medium priority.​

Status
Not open for further replies.