Denied Engineer XP Update

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion is to add a sum of XP to the Engineer job per job completed.
While the engineer job has been a topic for discussion recently, I think an oversight has been made for XP rather than the money concern. While the engineering level is used to slowly increase the money made for engineers per level, the oversight in giving real XP has made the job pretty much useless considering it's been wholely decided that the job is not intended to make a lot of money at a high level. This means that overall, playing the job isn't as rewarding as possible while maintaining balance. In my opinion, a way to fix this would be a XP reward per job completed. For this, I think the sum of 50 XP per job done is acceptable.
My decision making for this sum were decided due to the frequency of jobs that will take you across the map (about 200m). Considering that from the Shitville tunnel to the Large Warehouse it takes about 50 seconds and performing the job itself takes 10-15s, this would only equate to around 3000xp per hour without time loss. At my level (44) it takes 33,705xp for one level increase. This would mean it would take 10 full hours of engineer work to level up.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  1. More enjoyable gameplay for Engineer.
  2. A more worthwhile reason to play Engineer.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  1. Potential balancing concerns.
  2. Engineer slot may need increasing in future due to the chance for more players to play the job.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I've spent a good portion of my time thinking this out and deciding whether it would even be thought about in terms of content and I believe this is a fair ask for a job that, currently, can be underwhelming for players who see a job that 'scales with level' but is in fact quite low income and rewards 0 XP.

Lee Falzone

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Just curious before i leave my verdict. How much money you make at level 44 per task done?

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
I could foresee some players gravitating toward picking engineer more often and grinding it out for hours just because of this small addition. Some. I still feel with the recent buff, the income at higher levels is the biggest draw for the job, and there are better ways to grind out XP, but I guess this could serve to reward existing engineer players.

tony schleck

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Jun 11, 2021
-support

currently it earns good for a civi job there is no need for xp(real level)
you have jobs that earn good xp and i think having xp jobs and cash jobs is the best
im myself lvl 14 and im currently very happy with the money i get

the jobs levels are created to add grinding to earn more money as engineer
for the heco its made so you can straight go for the best weapons

Remmy

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Jason M. .

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because we don't feel this is needed. There is an engineering contract which you can use to gain XP through this job. Additionally, we've recently buffed the Engineer's payout, which means this job is more worthwhile to play.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.