Denied EOC Rework

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
A rework of the Emergency Operations Centre (CL4 meeting room in EZ) into a general Operations Centre. To my knowledge, an EZ rework is planned, and this is my idea for an existing part of it - the whole thing could be in another part of the facility and would still work, but this replaces the currently meh EOC with a more expansive set of rooms.

My idea for this is basically this MS Paint drawing of a floorplan:
1704842441157.png

The idea here is that this can be used for all kinds of meetings for/between different departments without individual departments all needing their own ones. SOP can use it for SOP planning, MTFs can use it for meetings, interdepartmental meetings can be held here, etc.

It is also a more neutral location for both parts of Site Command to use, for meetings between them, and for accessing CCTV. CCTV being in F3 screws over Ethics, because they have to go into A-1/O5 territory just to view cameras, which isn't possible/useful if e.g. Ethics is looking into stuff that O5/A-1 are doing/ordering. If both parts of Site Command can't have their own access to CCTV (which I believe has been denied before, due to the CCTV system being resource-intensive). Floor 3 CCTV can either be kept or removed/repurposed if this is still the case.

The current EOC also feels quite cramped, with the electrical panels being all around the conference table, and nothing else being in there. This expands those parts out into their own rooms, plus adds more rooms and functionality.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I know of. Some changes around CCTV location(s) have been suggested before, but were denied - this addresses the denial reasons that I know of for that.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • Provides more meeting/planning space for any department/group to use, including interdepartmental or CL4 meetings. EOC currently is used for that, but is cramped and missing several features - it is also only a single room, so only one group can use it at a time.
  • Provides a neutral location for Site Command/CL4s to access the whole site's CCTV - the CCTV room can be either CL4 or CL5 depending on what makes most sense for this.
    • Currently, this is only available in Floor 3, which limits its use by EC massively, as it is further away from them and in territory entirely controlled and surrounded by O5/A-1. EC can't feasibly use CCTV in there to investigate O5/A-1 themselves, or anything else of the sort.
  • Separates the electrical panels and controls from the meeting room, as it currently makes the room feel cramped and cheap, and means the electrical stuff can't be accessed without interrupting potentially sensitive meetings.
  • Provides more varied meeting/planning space for departments to use. Instead of just a conference room, it has both that and a more open meeting/planning room. It should have basically every useful resource for any possible meeting, when permaprops are added like terminals/printers.
  • With the window shutters, closable CL4 blastdoor, and CL5 keypad behind a completely CL4 area, this layout and configuration provides a lot of privacy as needed.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • Mapper/developer time
  • Projectors currently apparently go through all walls, so this orientation would lead to the projector contents also appearing in e.g. the electrical centre from the conference room. This would need to be fixed first, or the layout of this would need to be changed to account for it.
  • Uses more room in the map, which we've been told before is in limited availability.
  • More complicated map = larger download size and load times

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
An EZ/F2 rework is already planned - making something like this a part of it, in this form or any other, would be very useful to all departments/regiments.

Attachments

• 1000004142.png
    1000004142.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 1704842349959.png
    1704842349959.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 12

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
Yeah, that's the exact reason why I don't agree with Cl3 keypads being in the EOC at all. The EOC is meant to be a Cl4 area where people are able to discuss Cl4 info in peace, and having the possibility that cl3s could just dander on in would make it too risky to do so
The exact keypad configuration would be up to SL, this was just my initial suggestion for it. If people want it to be CL4 only, that's fine, but if it's designed so you can't hear from corridor into the closed rooms, then it shouldn't be an issue if CL3 can access the corridor.

elad

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 27, 2022
EOC definitely needs to be actually used as an operations centre rsther than just a room for junior cl4 to hide in during code 5s..

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
Unless you simply can't access CL4 cams without being CL4 (I'll have to check), there's no way to access cameras in CL4 areas or EZ/F2 without going to F3, so areas like 008, etc. can't be seen. You also can't access the full site at once via the same screen like F3, which can make it difficult to e.g. search the whole site for a person, or monitor the site as a whole.

Also, no offense, but as one of the only people able to access F3 freely, your point of view on that specific part is likely biased.
EZ and F2 have no cameras, HCZ and LCZ cameras can access every camera in that area, clearance doesn't matter. This has never been an issue, and won't be an issue because we have statements and agreements in place oocly to not cock block gameplay mechanics from players

Immediate response to saying my feedback is bias is a bad response aswell

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
EZ and F2 have no cameras, HCZ and LCZ cameras can access every camera in that area, clearance doesn't matter. This has never been an issue, and won't be an issue because we have statements and agreements in place oocly to not cock block gameplay mechanics from players

Immediate response to saying my feedback is bias is a bad response aswell
You are one of the only people with guaranteed access to it right now, I don't think it would be possible for you to be completely unbiased here, that's not a slight against you or your feedback, it's just context for the feedback for people reading it.

Enter F2 right now and look directly at the end of the corridor from the elevator. There's a camera there.

At least when I've been on CL3 roles, I've not been able to access the inner 008 camera from HCZ CCTV, that's either only available depending on your clearance, or not available there at all.

Judge

Developer
Developer
Mapping Team
Aug 10, 2022
I'll revamp the EOC with the EZ overhaul, but I don't plan to use any layout like this. I will however add a public conference room in EZ for any department to use. This will only be added if @Lord_Fr3ze wants to make it himself.

Reactions: Zen

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
You are one of the only people with guaranteed access to it right now, I don't think it would be possible for you to be completely unbiased here, that's not a slight against you or your feedback, it's just context for the feedback for people reading it.

Enter F2 right now and look directly at the end of the corridor from the elevator. There's a camera there.

At least when I've been on CL3 roles, I've not been able to access the inner 008 camera from HCZ CCTV, that's either only available depending on your clearance, or not available there at all.
In relation to the EC camera access, it would be good to hear from US and UK EC about it to confirm whether this is an actual issue. If it's not, this could potentially be a CL4 CCTV room for cross-site that's easily available to IA, COs, etc., which isn't available easily right now, so it's still useful.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
I'll revamp the EOC with the EZ overhaul, but I don't plan to use any layout like this. I will however add a public conference room in EZ for any department to use. This will only be added if @Lord_Fr3ze wants to make it himself.
Even if the actual layout here doesn't come about at all (this is based purely on replacing the EOC in the current EZ), it'd be good to see all of the ideas present here:
  • Neutral meeting space(s) with all of the things you might need
  • Site-wide CCTV room accessible outside F3, either or both of a CL5 one or a CL4 one, so both parts of SC can access it at all times equally, if they can't get their own CCTV rooms
    • Ideally I'd say just give each SC offices their own CCTV room, and then add a neutral CL4 one around EZ or wherever for other departments like GSD, Nu-7, E-11 to access for site-wide CCTV, but adding another CCTV room has been rejected before because it's apparently really bad for lag or something
  • Electrical centre for EZ/F2 that isn't in an awkward location
  • Surface ops room

Painter

Jun 18, 2023
[REDACTED]
+support

Quality suggestion, floor plan looks neat. EOC is currently a table with a non-operational TV and big electrical boxes in a corner.

Edwin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 10, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Zen ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

A rework for EZ is already underway.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.