Denied Epilepsy / Sensory Impairment Accessibility Toggle

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Author

Jun 8, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

This suggestion requests the ability to toggle on and off in-game light flashes such as:

~ Sinus Infections
~ Dizziness
~ SCP-008 and SCP-049-2
~ Low Power mode after Backup Generators kick on
~ Any other flashing images / map properties / SCPs

Possible Positives of the suggestion:

+ More positive accessibility for people with Epilepsy and other related sensory issues.
+ Less confusion and vision impairments to people effected by these instances

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

- Removal of exciting visual effects that enhance the environment of RP.
- Negativity to those who do not have sensory issues who enjoy the aforementioned content
- Development time

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

I have been a veteran here for a year now, and before, the only issue I ever had with sensory issues was SCP-008, which I would either throw a pair of sunglasses on and turn on my light, or change my job. With new updates to this server, such as The Core Update's Backup Generators, and the new HCZ Update's Sickness additions, I find myself walking away or completely quitting the server. I have missed out on a lot of RP because of the previously stated impairments. The flickering lights after Power Outages lasts up to 30 minutes to an hour on some occasions, and during that time, I have no interest in pursuing RP.

There are some things that simply CAN NOT be fixed in regards to this case( Camera Flash, Flashbang, etc. )

I understand there is an Epilepsy Warning when you start the server, but I believe the use of flashing lights is borderline excessive. These changes would help, not only myself, but the many others on this site with sensory impairments. It is a simple change that can improve the experiences of many.

dango

Dec 7, 2022
+massive support
HEY CONTENT TEAM LET ME SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU

JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A WARNING DOESNT MAKE EPILEPTIC PEOPLE IMMUNE TO FLASHING LIGHTS.
IF YOU SAY "FLASHING LIGHT WARNING" THAT DOESNT MEAN YOU CAN SET OFF A STROBE LIGHT IN THEIR FACE
in all seriousness this even effects normal people. i had a sinus infection while raiding and holding down reactor as CI and i swear to god the flashing gave me a hour long migraine

Dalton

Civil Gamers Expert
May 17, 2022
New York, USA
+ Support

Would prob be cool to keep this up for longer than an hour to let the community voice their concern on the issue. At least let us feel like the suggestion was cared for.

Reactions: Sir Barry

Leaf Ericson

Aug 17, 2022
+Support

Easy accessibility issue that could be change to a softer pulse the flashing of bacterial infection and 008 is objectively awful and dangerous to some, change it.

3239.png

Status
Not open for further replies.