Eric "The Tempest" Cappington is OUT!

Epicap

Jun 14, 2022
I'm not sure where to really begin here. I started playing the server over a year ago in June, 2022 and have put so many hours into a game I joined halfheartedly at the time. In that time frame, this community that started as "Just a bunch of other gmod kids" so quickly became "A place I felt I could have fun, RP, and put my own personal talents to full use." For over a full year, I put so much effort into turning Nu-7 into a powerhouse, creating B-1 as a solid unit that didn't conflict with existing regiments or departments, trying my best to help administrate the site as an Overseer, and reluctantly accepting O5-1 in order to uphold the seat that my friend left behind. I have put over a thousand hours of sweat, frustration, anger, joy, sadness, laughter, and at times even tears, into this game.

And I still love every goddamn second of it.

My love for this community has not stopped one bit in the last year. I'm not retiring and leaving because I'm burnt out or upset with anybody. I'm retiring because of the same reason I tell people why I left staff as an admin or why I retired from B-1 COM while I was still running it well without issues:

Sometimes it's just time to quit while you're ahead and go see what else there is to offer elsewhere.

Anybody who knows my usual attitude when I'm on site or even just sitting in TS wouldn't be surprised by that answer I'm sure. I've always tried my best to do what I can dependent on the position I am holding, to help others have more fun or be brutally efficient. I believe, despite what others may claim, that the US site in a surprisingly stable place. The people I leave behind to run things in each department, in each regiment, and in each slot I worked with them - I trust to do their best to keep the community going strong in the same way it always has. I've done my best to keep things running well, appease SL and the playerbase, and still have my own personal fun. Often the work O5 do is extremely thankless, but I genuinely enjoyed it so I didn't mind if people disliked or enjoyed playing with me. I still have so much fun every time I get on site. When I announced it on June 26th to the other O5, I know they were surprised and maybe even a little worried.

It's just my time to retire and leave it to the next group of RP leaders. I'm proud to have played with each of you and loved the moments we all had around site. It's also about high time I played other games and stopped checking my Discord every ten minutes to see what crazy new shenanigans the site has gotten up to. I will be remaining in the discord, but will likely not be playing on the server for a long time at least.

But you bet your ass if I get on site, the frog hat will be back.

I love all of you and thank you so much for this crazy "Tempest" of a year.

LOVE,
Eric "Epicap" Cappington
O5-1 "The Tempest"

Often people who are upset in this community feel the urge to claw and scrap for any sense of salvaging things when they feel like they're falling apart.
If you are not having fun or feel this community doesn't fit you, you don't have to play here. Put your mental health first and find a group that makes you feel like every session is a blessing. They're out there, don't worry.
But if you find this community is somewhere you enjoy, then accept it for what it is but work to make it even better everyday. The reward is worth it.

@alpha - Words can't describe how great it was to play and work as staff with you. Stay as chill as you've always been, but make sure to keep enjoying what you do!

@Dpw483 Ryan "Cincinnatus" - Oh Ryan Cactus, my protege. You always surprised me with the work you put in and never let me down once. Thank you. I'm proud to have helped you grow.

@Guinea - You helped me find a passion for the server and grow in Nu-7. Needless to say without you, I never would've reached any of the heights I did. Thank you for being so fun to play with and I hope you're enjoying your return.

@Randalls - Playing and interacting with you in Site Command always made me smile. You made being O5-1 so much better because working together felt like it came easy. Continue to be the understanding and kickass Chairman you are. You'll always have chess, but I'll always have checkers.

@O5-4 "The Suspect" / Khan (Khan!)- I worked with a lot of O5, but you were obviously the (most medicated) chillest. Don't be afraid to take breaks, but keep doing your best. I'm always a message away if you need advice, friend.

@Blackknight95 (MERCER) - Thank you for putting up with me like you do. You work day in and day out for this community and never once have you complained about being on the staff team. My respect for you has been maxed out for a long time.

And of course -
@Green - Ugh, I'm still gonna be hanging out with you every day.

AND SO MANY MORE. I just don't have the space to type more here so please don't hold it against me if you weren't called out here. It does not mean you didn't matter just as much.
You can poke me on discord at the username "epicap" (no quotes). o/

██-1 and ██-2 were found dead in the server room this morning. As we have no recording devices in that room, the only theories on their death are purely speculation at this point.Physical Evidence from the scene:
  • Two bullets - one with the letter 'E' on it, the other with the letter 'G' on it.
  • Two XK-██ pistols, both missing a single bullet from their magazines.
  • A locked briefcase between them. A single injection vial lay inside containing:
    • 400 mL of an SCP-███ variant.
      • 200 mL of Y-Blockers
      • 100 mL of Crystalline Blood.
  • A clipboard with a single document mostly covered in redactions.
Forensics and Coroner report:
  • ██-1's body had a single bullet hole that entered his body 1 cm above the aorta's exit from the heart and went clear through his back. It's likely he staggered three steps back after being hit then slid down a server rack to slouch on the ground. The bullet with an 'E' was found behind him. Traces of his blood are to be cleaned from the server rack he slouched against and all DNA is to be scrubbed as per orders from the █████████████.

• ██-2's body had a single bullet hole matching the shot on ██-1's body. Entry at 1 cm above the aorta entrance and clear out his back. His body was found slouched against a control panel about 10 paces opposite of O5-1's body, perfectly faced towards each other. The bullet with a 'G' was found behind him. Traces of his blood are to be cleaned from the server rack he slouched against and all DNA is to be scrubbed as per orders from the █████████████.
Final Notes and Observations:We are unable at this time to assess exactly what occurred here. As per pending orders from higher ups, the investigation will be closed and tagged as "Simultaneous homicide." The only other detail I find it worth mentioning is that the sight of their corpses made me feel a chill in my spine.Both of their corpses were smiling contentedly at each other.Final Joint Report Filed by:
  • RAISA Operatives ███ "Epicap" ██████████
and █████ "Green" ████████████
-----------------------------------------------
Each of the sections above are up to you to read, but to summarize:
Thanks for making the last year so fun everyone. I love you all.

See ya,
Eric

Last edited:

Khan

Jan 9, 2023
Australia
it breaks my heart to see you go, I enjoyed every second of playing O5 and chatting with you in game and out of game, nobody could have been a better -1 then you. <3

Scopes

May 2, 2022
Michigan
o7

I enjoyed our good times when I was Overseer Assistant. I'll see you some other time!

Blackknight95

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Jun 7, 2022
O7
Have a good one, Eric, see you around, and thanks for the shout-out.

Randalls

Oct 26, 2022
I haven't any things to say but kind words, and it is impossible to summarize it all quickly; but I'll try.

Thank you, and goodbye. It was a blast.

SquirrellyJr

Dec 30, 2022
Canada
I enjoyed not only being your Assistant but also your guard. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. o7

Thorn

Mar 4, 2023
Eric, I have to say when I first became an assistant I was skeptical of you because I had never spoken to you, but once I finally got to know you I realized you were a great guy. It truly pains me to see you go but I am glad I had the chance to work more closely with you. you were the best mentor and the best boss a guy could ask for. O7

Nohacks

Jul 21, 2022
Thank you for everything, and the being the best Nu-7 Major and 05 you were amazing friend 07, will never forget you.

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
o7, despite me being from the UK server, had some positive interactions with you, sad to see you go.