Dr. Karsten 'Nebula' Schmidt
Civilian name:
Karsten
Do you have a mic?:
Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
N/A

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
I have recieved a ban for LTAP before as I needed to go to Jiu Jitsu practice before a staff sit as well as a few warns

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?: I would like to not only obtain higher clearence to carry out more crazy and badass experiments to create RP but also to give something to the department. On the whole I would like to think I am generally active and keen to test on the scariest thing I can get my hands on so why not?

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:

A quick bit of background experience: I have over 4000 hours over 7 years on Gmod playing mostly SCPRP and MRP, I have held high positions before and even at one point developed my own server.

I am a leader who is happy to 'take the reins' and support the team rather than a manager who will bark orders at other people without giving as much back to the team. I have found using this approach is better at getting people to listen to you rather than straight up expecting people to bow down and submit because of whatever flash title you have. I am keen to keep everybody on the same-page as I am, I will make extra efforts to inform other researchers of important stuff that will affect them greatly (like the code of ethics / how to make cool documents)

Whilst on-site I have got newer people to research involved with experiments where they get given additional responsibilties like being the test leader which has seen them coming back to play on research more and more. I want to break the image that research is a boring job by making experiments as fun as possible whilst keeping it within RP, as at the end of the day RP is about having fun.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?

I have made a total of 2 excelllent-graded documents. The main thing which makes a document excellent rather than OK is consumability. If a document is poorly structured, hard to read or like something you have seen 1000 times already then it will feel like an absolute chore to read. Having good structure, including images, adding transcripts from interviews, using the line features and most importantly having a surreal aim (within ethics) is the absolute bread and butter to making an awesome document!

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:

Alongside being able to test SCPs up to CL4 an Exec Researcher will generally oversee all the researchers currently on site, as a go-to for any problems relating to documentation or advice which may need to be taken higher up the CoC. An Exec Researcher will also be able to grade research documents and provide feedback to the author.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Dr. Karsten Schmidt, A.K.A. Nebula was an Explosive Material Scientist at facility owned by a private company based in the Southern Region of Bavaria, Germany. However an experiment went wrong one day involving a chainsaw and an explosive canister and it put Karsten in legal trouble. As a hunted man and with almost no where left to hide, the SCP Foundation got in contact after hearing about the incident and offered to give him asylum as a Researcher.

Reactions: Kuchiyose and Gat

Gat

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 22, 2022
+ support idk how it works but i like u and wana see u in a fancy chair

Dr.Chaos

Jan 23, 2022
+support idk how this works but I like the backstory and everything in the applications in general

Huff

Game Master
Game Master
Jan 23, 2022
+support you told me to do this and I do as I am told.

(edit : when writing this i did not know how the +support system worked an i thought the messages put alongside the + or -support weren't important or taken into account so me being very intelligent decided i'd make a cheeky little message alongside it, not thinking anything would come of it, i was very much wrong and would like to clarify i do actually support nebula's application and was not advertised to.)

Last edited:

Tsharp

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 10, 2021
Northern Ireland
+Support
Active
Great RP
Great researcher well suited for this role

After reading previous responses and replies from before me I will remove my +Support and change to -Support due to advertisement.

Last edited:
Reactions: xeno

Fortze

CG Super VIP
Dec 25, 2020
-support
I'm not sure if the verdicts posted above are alt accounts or not (They're all made on the same day and roughly have the same format / say the same thing) or you've just gotten players ingame to +support ur app by making a forum account (which would be advertising ur app, still against the application rules) but you doing either is enough for me to confidently say you shouldn't be in a position like executive researcher.

NightWolf

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 31, 2020
-big support, looking at the replies i think its safe to say this is advertised. if not ill happily reconsider my verdict.

Reactions: xeno

Pan Police

Oct 5, 2021
-Support
Bad interactions in RP and sits
You say this wasn't advertised but it seems that you have as from the first replies look like you've told them to come +support not that you've just gave them the link..
Some of the experiments are a bit mingy for example your "hot dog" one

Last edited:

Hayxel

Jan 5, 2022
+Support
Friendly, active guy and probably very creative lol. He will design some fun experiments for sure. I'm a little worried about ethics, though

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
Note: I'm going to try and lean away from the 'advertising' parts of this application.

+Active as Research Staff
+During the researcher meeting you acted professionally.

-You state on your application this: "I would like to not only obtain higher clearence to carry out more crazy and badass experiments". This is not what being an executive researcher is about.
-Previously banned and warned.
-Some of your documents are mingey.

All in all I will be giving this application a -Support . Good luck anyways!

Risky

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 26, 2020
U.S.A.
-Support

Advertising your application is strictly against the recruitment rules. besides that, you suspiciously have 26k views on your application which means you either botted your application or another factor.

Bogdan

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
United Kingdom
Right, this thread has descended into madness, I'm stepping in even though I do not represent SCP-RP.
I've hidden the replies which are not +/- supports as they are mostly irrelevant.
If @Cloak @Hydro or @rootman decide to look into the excessive amount of views on this thread it will be investigated: otherwise do not take it into account for your responses.
I recommend before whoever accepts/denies this application reads the hidden replies, or asks a Senior Admin+'s summarisation of the replies that were hidden by me.

• Love
Reactions: Hydro and N/.A

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Application Denied

Hi Nebula,

Thanks for taking the time to make an Executive Researcher application.

I've been watching this application for a while to see how the chips fall. To all the band-wagon hoppers who appeared on this thread: just because a thread has 25,000 views, it doesn't mean that the poster of the thread botted it. This is a regular occurrence on this forum and it was on our old forum too - it happens randomly.

I'm disappointed in those who have left -Supports based on accusations that have no proof, theorising about possible motives. Do not do this again. Any -Support verdict you leave is expected to detail something you have seen with your own eyes, rather than guesswork. However, some have raised a valid point that you should not directly tell people to leave +Supports. It is clear from some of the verdicts made that this has happened. Please do not do this again.

Irrelevant of the above, I will still be denying this application. You are a strong researcher, but your attitude needs work. To hold a Level 4 or 5 whitelisted position, you are expected to work with others on the server to come to a common goal of improving roleplay and the server health at all times. This is the level of responsibility that comes with the position: it's not just a reward for doing good research in-game.

Based on your comments in Discord, some of which seemed to be verging on attacks at other players - including those about "ass-kissing command" - I do not believe you are currently committed to this goal. You seem to have an attitude that others are boot-lickers, and I think you need to re-consider this - we're all working towards the same goals. Once you re-evaluate this behaviour, you can be re-considered for Executive Researcher.

You may re-apply in 1 week​

Status
Not open for further replies.