Denied Fishing? Fishing!

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Arachnid"

Dec 5, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove: The main goal of this suggestion is to add fishing or more specifically Ice fishing to surface for roleplay for civilians, it would allow civilians to have actually engaging content while also getting money from a none scavenging source.
If this was to be added I believe their should be a leveling system similar to the scavenging or cooking levels however, instead of the fish giving more hunger it would give a very small percentage increase in their worth, Each level in the fishing could make the fish worth more by only a dollar (Quid) or by a percentage of its original worth, this isn't make it a requirement to have a high fishing level to make money, its more keeping it in line with high level scavenging

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2): Gives Civilians or GOC more things to do on surface
Gives more things to progress in on the server that don't relate to branches
Gives more things to do on off hours

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Development time and could be buggy

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Civilian RP has been lacking for a long time, The entire cycle of surface RP involves the following
Civilian finds document > They ask in Open comms or post it on twitter > Dead

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Do you have any addons for this suggestions? Because having to make something like this from start is something that is very likely to not happen, considering the fact that that we do not have the resources for it at the moment.

AJ_

Jun 30, 2023
+ Support
Imagine the in-game weather affecting the fish behavior or being able to compete with other players in fishing tournaments. Oh, and don't even get me started on the variety of fishing spots to explore, from serene lakes to wild rivers and even hidden underground caves. The thrill of landing that elusive legendary fish, just like in real life, would be mind-blowing!

I can already feel the excitement building up in me as I visualize the experience. I really hope the game developers are listening because adding a fishing function would take this game to a whole new level of awesomeness!

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Suggestion Denied
Hi @"Arachnid",

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because, whilist we believe this would be a cool idea, it would be very likely that this would not be possible due to the current development limitations.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.