Denied Fishing? Fishing!

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Arachnid"

Dec 5, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove: The main goal of this suggestion is to add fishing or more specifically Ice fishing to surface for roleplay for civilians, it would allow civilians to have actually engaging content while also getting money from a none scavenging source.
If this was to be added I believe their should be a leveling system similar to the scavenging or cooking levels however, instead of the fish giving more hunger it would give a very small percentage increase in their worth, Each level in the fishing could make the fish worth more by only a dollar (Quid) or by a percentage of its original worth, this isn't make it a requirement to have a high fishing level to make money, its more keeping it in line with high level scavenging

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2): Gives Civilians or GOC more things to do on surface
Gives more things to progress in on the server that don't relate to branches
Gives more things to do on off hours

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Development time and could be buggy

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Civilian RP has been lacking for a long time, The entire cycle of surface RP involves the following
Civilian finds document > They ask in Open comms or post it on twitter > Dead

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
+Support
I would love to fish as a civilian!!
Add a little fishing skill check minigame in there as well to make it more engaging too! (like stardew valley fishing) would be very cool for civilian roleplay

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
+support

Almost every game has fishing, why its not in gmod yet is beyond me!

Wonka

Donator
Jul 29, 2022
can't wait for the local fishermen to raid the military base, because their fish developed a third eye.

+support

Guinea

Jun 24, 2022
+ Support
Make different fish do different buffs/nerfs and anomalous fish since we are so close to a site

moonyguru

Sep 1, 2022
+support as a true fisherman and fish monger this is needed. It has ZERO negatives

"Arachnid"

Dec 5, 2022
+Support it's a joke suggestion but would actually make for some interesting civ RP and also another way to level scavenging
Genuinely isnt a joke suggestion, I believe surface RP needs more and i think fishing can make it more intresting
1690418070888.png

• Wow
Reactions: moonyguru
Status
Not open for further replies.