Denied Fix EST OR dont allow people to force EST

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filip McSpazz

Feb 19, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
EST so far is pretty broken / allows for meta gaming, I dont think its intended for RP that when you get stabbed with a harpoon and get revived that somehow magically your disquise will fall of and put your orange jump suits back on. Forcing EST has allowed for complete meta gaming or power gaming to happen as they use a game bug / design to their advantage. I think they should either fix it to where you still keep your disquise or make a rule to where its not allowed

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+Stops Meta Gaming
+Fixes 914 disguised D Class getting meta gamed

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
-People will complain about catching 914 disquised D Class even though its one of the toughest things to do

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Help server growth

"Arachnid"

Dec 5, 2022
-Support
There is no point of kant counters or checking humes if there is no method to determine if they are disguised
EST is the only way we are able to forcefully get rid of a disguise, Just dont get caught

Reiner Zufall

Aug 1, 2022
-support
How does EST allows metagaming? Every GOIs uses it if there is valid reason to do so, if your Id card or your kant number is suspicious they can EST you that's valid. If someone does it without a valid reason just call sit.

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
-support

Est HAS fo exist.

Without it DCs are un capturable.

I do agree after 5 minuets of death the est should be invalid

Guinea

Jun 24, 2022
- Support
Unless they create other ways to remove disguises we NEED this

Rito Munro Fraser

May 14, 2023
Denmark
-Support
If people metagame disguised D-Class, that's an issue with metagaming, not EST. EST is the only way currently to check the true identity of someone who used 914, and it's not like you can EST someone who isn't already detained. If you made this change, you would just get killed instead of getting EST, which removes RP for no reason.

Claire!

Blacklisted Player
May 29, 2022
Los Angeles, California
Netural

I would be fine if there was another way, like if you have a sweep you can take off their regular uniform, or a fingerprint scanner that would only be used if you are suspected to be a Deep cover

dango

Dec 7, 2022
-support
Salty dclass main makes worst suggestion ever
Is asked to leave site 56

"Onion"

Nov 20, 2022
in your walls
-Support

copium

(it would be fine to have EST not remove disguises if there was a different way to strip it. However, I believe this is an issue with how defibbing someone respawns them. would take alot of work)

Dinklesprinkle

Civil Gamers Expert
May 11, 2022
EST has nothing to do with "metagaming disguised D-Class" its simply how people get rid of disguises D-Class gain from metagaming themselves (knowing exactly where 914 is, how to use it and what each disguise is for / does), The metagaming is by the people who confront you for invalid reasons and prefer to RP your disguise removal instead of outright killing you.

Second

-Support

EST isn't metagame at all. If you die as a 914d CI/D-Class and a random trainee revives you not knowing you were D-Class, would you make a sit on them? It wouldn't go very far.

If you are getting metagamed and THEN being forced to EST, that is again not an issue of EST and should be reported individually. EST is fine and I see no changes that need to be made from it.

Reactions: Niox

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Suggestion Denied
Hi @Filip McSpazz,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because EST is currently fine as it is and this is something that is intended to happen.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.