Denied FOB as territory Suggestion

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
A rule change. Suggestion is to treat the area of an fob as territory for the respective team. Meaning you can tell enemies to leave site during pre-war and kos them if they refuse. The area the fob would take would be what is inside it's defensive structures.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
It is kind of weird if you let the enemies you are about to fight just linger in your defended fobs. This will allow each team to make sure their fobs are secure before the war starts and enemies can't stand around inside your fob waiting for the timer for war to reach zero and start shooting. it also just makes a lot more sence RP wise, why would any army allow enemy forces in their stronghold right before a war.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
The only thing I can think of is that people would need to path around enemy fobs during pre-war.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It makes sence RP wise and let's both sides have a good hold of their fobs by start of war. Also lets you stop them from just casually strawling around to scout out your fob setups right before war. you'd have to do that in peacetime (giving enemies time to make changes in prewar should they wish) or be sneaky about it.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Delta Molfar

May 23, 2022
- Support
Well I get your idea, but if you don't want people on your FOB just before war, make it on your owned territory, otherwise, if your FOB built on neutral territory, it's no brainer, enemy team should be able to get there, also don't forget, if they didn't do any FOB assault in a pre-war, you need to give them this one chance (each team can try to destroy enemy FOB on neut territory, if i remember it right, only once per peacetime and once per pre-war). It works for both sides, and i wouldn't say it's SUCH a trouble in current meta in my opinion.

Sep 19, 2022
- Support
Well I get your idea, but if you don't want people on your FOB just before war, make it on your owned territory, otherwise, if your FOB built on neutral territory, it's no brainer, enemy team should be able to get there, also don't forget, if they didn't do any FOB assault in a pre-war, you need to give them this one chance (each team can try to destroy enemy FOB on neut territory, if i remember it right, only once per peacetime and once per pre-war). It works for both sides, and i wouldn't say it's SUCH a trouble in current meta in my opinion.
If they choose to damage your structures they are kos anyway. So for people intending to to that it makes little difference. It does however feel super counterintuitive to just stand there and wait for them to start breaking it before being able to tell them off. you could litterally stand there on top the fob radio for all of pre-war just waiting for them to not look your way for a second and then pull out explosives or something. Regardless if it actually happens a lot or not, in a military setting it makes no sense to allow an opposing army to just walk in and out of your reinforced positions at their own will. I'm not proposing making them instant kos but letting you tell them to leave kinda like with owned territories. so you can try to sneak in and if you get caught and just leave again you are fine. So you can still attempt to destroy a fob in pre-war, as a matter of fact it would make little difference as damaging it will make you kos regardless.

Anyway you are correct that it isn't a massive pain in the butt right now, but seeing it is as simple as a rule change I would say it's worth doing something with. If it was going to take development time it would be too much effort though.

Last edited:

Brian Bell

MRP War Veteran
Donator
May 14, 2021
Suggestion Denied

Hi MadOlive, Your suggestion has been denied.

Due to the flexibility with where FOBs can be placed and the difficulty in knowing if someone is within an FOB radius we have decided this suggestions would lead to more frustration than it's worth. If someone is actively assaulting an FOB this can be treated as a threat as described in ROE which should suffice.​

Reactions: MadOliveGaming
Status
Not open for further replies.