Freeze when SCP USA/UK tries to download Digital-7.ttf

SiEGE

Mar 16, 2024
Every time I try to join either US or UK SCP-RP for the last 4 or 5 days, my game freezes up when it starts to download digital-7.ttf. This happened briefly once before and I solved the issue by validating the game files. This no longer works... I have searched for a fix these last few days and have found nothing that fixes the issue, but plenty of people with the same problem. Most threads I've seen on forums where people are experiencing this go unanswered...

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the game, I subscribed to all the addons from CN, I have manually downloaded and placed digital-7.ttf in the two relevant folders concerning fonts for Garry's Mod that I know of... If anybody has ANY idea, I'm willing to try it. I have spent quite a lot of time on USA and I would really hate for there to be nothing that can be done. Even if you have an idea but, you're not sure it would work, please let me know.

Thank you
Also, when it did work, I had to verify the game files every time... if I joined the server and forgot, it would freeze completely.

Solution
Whilst your game might appear to freeze during this what is actually happening is your game stops responding whilst receiving LUA files, this can be caused by you either being on the 32 bit version or bad hardware, normally if you leave it for a few minutes you will time out, if you attempt to reconnect it will load properly.

cityismy

May 10, 2023
Whilst your game might appear to freeze during this what is actually happening is your game stops responding whilst receiving LUA files, this can be caused by you either being on the 32 bit version or bad hardware, normally if you leave it for a few minutes you will time out, if you attempt to reconnect it will load properly.

Reactions: SiEGE
Solution

SiEGE

Mar 16, 2024
I have let it time out several times... I Actually just woke up to it having timed out because I left it over night. have 24gb of ram and a decent enough CPU and a RTX 3060... just loaded the sever up and it has stopped responding on the same file... We'll wait and see I guess. I'll update this post when whatever happens happens... I appreciate your reply, thank you.

Edit: The game is responding... it has gotten past the digital-7.ttf file and the loading bar says "Lua Started"

SiEGE

Mar 16, 2024
I have let it time out several times... I Actually just woke up to it having timed out because I left it over night. have 24gb of ram and a decent enough CPU and a RTX 3060... just loaded the sever up and it has stopped responding on the same file... We'll wait and see I guess. I'll update this post when whatever happens happens... I appreciate your reply, thank you.

Edit: The game is responding... it has gotten past the digital-7.ttf file and the loading bar says "Lua Started"

Well holy shit, it worked. Thank you very much.