FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
In-game name:
Frostbyte // "Vulture"

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:156598349

For how long have you played on our servers?:
2 and a half years, just about. (Since December 25th, 2021)

What country are you from?:
United States

Time Zone:
E.S.T

Do you have a mic?:
Yes

Is this your first application for Developer? If not, link previous ones:
This is my first application.

Have you received any bans?:
Yes, for player misconduct over a year ago. I appealed it two months later. The main reason I was banned at the time was refusal to speak with SL about the situation.

How confident are you with Blender/Maya/3DSMax (or any other software that applies) (Rate yourself 1-10 using one rating guide):
I'm not experienced in any of the mentioned softwares. I currently make all of my stuff in Garry's Mod using various skills I've learned, including animation, due to the assets available in it. I plan to learn more about SFM and potentially 3D modelling in the future as I improve. So, 1.

Do you have previous experience as an Artist for GMod?:
I currently make art for another community in GMod, but not as an official developer. Otherwise, no.

Why do you want to be a Artist? What can you help us with?:
I want to become an Artist because for the past year or so, I've been working on creating art specifically for SCP related projects to help express my passion for the genre. Lately in the past few months, I've begun to create art specific to Civil Networks, some of which are currently being used in-game. After I began doing this and posting my art in the scp-art channel, it's received overwhelming positive feedback which I'm grateful for. Several people in the community now continue to ask me to create posters, art, or even animations for their departments to use in game as posters or in other advertisements for their regiment. After several requests, I decided to try to make an application for artist despite my ban that I received over a year ago. I hope to further contribute to this community and provide art or animation that can resonate with people and improve an outsiders view of the community with good visuals.

Which server(s) on Civil Networks do you play on and which ones would you most prefer to map for? Have you made & edited any models before? If so attach some images showcasing your model or edit:
I play almost exclusively on the U.S.A server, but I also am happy to work on both servers equally for their request. And while I haven't made models before (The only edits I've done is to edit the E-11 models to fix their texture errors, change the biohazard colors, and make them less shiny), I'll show recent art that I've made in a google drive link since the forums no longer seem to support images. And this is a youtube link to an animation I've been working on, but is still a work in progress and was not finished.

List any ideas of new models or edits for CN that you would like to work on:
Since I mostly specialize in just 3D Art, and now learning animation, I'd like to mostly focus on the projects that people have already been requesting of me, such as posters or short animated trailers. It'd also be fun for me to get to showcase teasers, announcements, and trailers in unique ways using my art.

How confident are you with QC? (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide):
1, I'm not sure what this is.

Do you have any experience with Crowbar?:
No

How many hours can you commit to developing per week?:
As much as necessary at the moment.

Why do you want to be a Developer? What can you help us with?:
I want to become a developer so I can better contribute to this community. Despite the ban I got a long time ago, I want to be able to put that behind me and put a new foot forward and show that I'm a better person capable of continuously contributing to this community in different ways. I became a significant roleplay leader as an E-11 Major, helped the content leads with fixing up new E-11 models, and contribute everything that I can to this community with the resources available to me. Becoming a developer and artist for a server I've come to love would also allow me to better express my passion for the SCP Genre and this community, and being able to contribute to the growth of the server and its future endeavors with the new options and projects this role would provide.

I can help with mostly anything art related. Posters, advertisement art, animations (still learning, though), teasers, announcements, etc

Ghost05

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Apr 20, 2024
+support

They got some good stuff, I really like what they made

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support
Awesome stuff so far and seems to be getting even better

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+Support
-the stuff you've made before goes hard, would love to see you working as an actual artist