Game Fixes

Fatal_Titan

CC Executive VIP
Donator
So i see a lot of people needing help on the discord and the forums with game crashes and issues so im going to make this fourm with common issues and there fixes

Game Crashing:

So a good portion of my time after i had used my new pc and been running the stock version of GMOD x64 bit , and this caused my game to crash every 3-4 hours , now there is a version in the betas called Chromium x84 - 64. I have not had my game crash since then and better performance
since using this version.

1611674139551.png

Missing Textures:
So another common issue is missing textures such as grass or lampposts or something , " but i have downloaded the content pack " , that's great but not the issue here , Garry's Mod uses textures as much as it uses textures from HL2 and CSS. You need Counter Strike Source ( CSS ) , if you do not want to but the 15$ game i think it is now you can download the textures from a second hand website ( a lot of websites have this due to the normalcy to need these textures for the game ) once you have the game installed or the texture pack. Go to your Garry's Mod local files then garry'smod / addons . grab all the materials you have from CCS and drag them into there and if your in game close it and restart and go back into the server and your issue should be solved. if not contact me at Fatal_Titan#0636 on discord and i will help.

Cal

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 21, 2020
I put the new Forgis on the Jeep
In regards to Chromium i fully support this thread. I had a lot of problems before using Chromium but i have not had an issue for a while, this could be a coincidence but i believe it is connected. (Chromium also allows you to use the Televisions in game!)

Fatal_Titan

CC Executive VIP
Donator
In regards to Chromium i fully support this thread. I had a lot of problems before using Chromium but i have not had an issue for a while, this could be a coincidence but i believe it is connected. (Chromium also allows you to use the Televisions in game!)

Thanks Cal :) , the chromium version is a beta and very well could have bugs , i dont know personally but have never had any issues , but they are expected as they are only betas so use with caution , what kind of errors might you be having using the version and i might be able of help. The tv's are a cool addtion only the chromium version i will say and hope for better support comes to the version

'a' TS Kenny

CG Super VIP
Donator
Dec 20, 2020
Chicaco town
any source game can be mounted, there's a list of all the supported games in the esc menu bottom right.
63084f3aebd7e4925fad361217197aa4.png

Risky

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 26, 2020
U.S.A.
So i see a lot of people needing help on the discord and the forums with game crashes and issues so im going to make this fourm with common issues and there fixes

Game Crashing:

So a good portion of my time after i had used my new pc and been running the stock version of GMOD x64 bit , and this caused my game to crash every 3-4 hours , now there is a version in the betas called Chromium x84 - 64. I have not had my game crash since then and better performance
since using this version.

View attachment 189

Missing Textures:
So another common issue is missing textures such as grass or lampposts or something , " but i have downloaded the content pack " , that's great but not the issue here , Garry's Mod uses textures as much as it uses textures from HL2 and CSS. You need Counter Strike Source ( CSS ) , if you do not want to but the 15$ game i think it is now you can download the textures from a second hand website ( a lot of websites have this due to the normalcy to need these textures for the game ) once you have the game installed or the texture pack. Go to your Garry's Mod local files then garry'smod / addons . grab all the materials you have from CCS and drag them into there and if your in game close it and restart and go back into the server and your issue should be solved. if not contact me at Fatal_Titan#0636 on discord and i will help.
Recommend using Chormium it helps. Also with CSS you can find the textures online for free. I didn't buy the game but been using a downloaded textures version for gmod for about 5 years.