Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganch

Nov 27, 2022
Name: Ganch
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:71315085
Please state if it is for SCP-RP UK or USA: UK
Level of appeal (2 or 3): 2
Have you already carried out a level 1 appeal - please give details: I have carried out my level 1 appeal yes
Who did you carry out the level 1 appeal to, and where: Dutch, on teamspeak
Rank demoted from: Site Advisor
Who demoted you?: Site Director Dutch
Date of demotion?: 21/01/2024
What is the case against you?:
1705941460770.png
Is this true?: Yes
Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?: Only from MTF ranks
Please list any previous roleplay demotion appeals: N/A
What is your side of the story?: It is easier to start with the situation that lead to my demotion.

On the 21st of January, we had been discussing going into war with GOC since they had done multiple things wrong. I hopped on the server to do negotiations about the war with the GOC and Site Manager Mark "Billy" Bob had been talking with them. I added myself to the conversation as I have had previous run ins with the LTGEN Swindler, who we were negotiating with. Billy told me on teamspeak to not do this, and I voiced my disagreeance with it however let him deal with the negotiations. However for reasons I am not completely sure of, Billy had to go and let me and the other SA on site deal with the negotiations, so I continued talking with them over comms.

After a while, I had negotiations being started up, however Dutch decided that war should be started, without any sort of RP situation beforehand to cause it, and I voiced my disagreeance on the Discord chat yet again, you can see them in the spoiler
1705941864366.png1705941872475.png
I had at this point talked with DEA, Nu-7 and GOC about it and asked their opinions about a war, DEA wanted war, Nu-7 wasn't completely agaisnt it and GOC wasn't agaisnt it either. At this point I wanted to first do a RP situation about negotiations with the GOC, and then depending how that will go, declare war or simply not declare it. I fully disagreed with Dutch and Billy on this situation as we all should encourage RP to happen, and they simply said to not do any RP and just go on with the war. Before I was able to leave compound I was dragged on TS and told that I was being demoted, and therefore declared war on the GOC as per the SA's wishes.

Unprofessionality accusations

Unprofessionality here refers to my actions on discord and on the OOC chat according to Dutch,
1705942163671.png
The shitposting he reffered to was some videos and gifs i had posted in E-11 CO channel, which were not interrupting any serious conversation and did not clog up the channel
1705942233977.png
Dutch had striked me for general conduct being bad, and only provided these 2 examples. I for myself dont see any problem with these as they are in a discord chat where banter is allowed and I was not mean or condescending in any way while still continuing the important chat we had going on then. He told me my ingame conduct was also bad, but failed to provide any examples of this.

Accusations that i do not fullfill my duties
Dutch believes that I am unable to fullfill the duties within this role, this is simply infact false.
1705942647739.png
I had done all of these duties, I had interacted with departments, I had created RP for multitude of individuals, I had helped everyone whenever they had needed it. Not at any point of time Dutch or Billy had told me that I was failing in my job as a Site Advisor, resulting me in knowing that I had done my duties correctly.

Possibility of bias?
After Dutch had demoted me, he informed me that "I am very sarcastic" and that "It is very annoying", resulting me in thinking that Dutch wanted to also demote me because he did not like the way I acted on discord
1705942887904.png

Demoting me from an IC role because of how I act on OOC platforms when I had broken no rules is simply wrong. I had acted in roleplay while ingame and always wanted to roleplay every single situation out.

Conclusion
In conclusion I believe this demotion was made in poor judgement, We all here are volunteers and are here to have fun first and foremost. Demoting me just because they dont like how I act on OOC platforms is simply wrong, when I broke no OOC rules and continued doing my duties up to standard. If the people handling this appeal have any questions they are always free to contact me on discord and I will provide further information.

Mark Belgrum (Dutch)

Oct 5, 2022
The Netherlands
Hello Ganch,

I will say my side of the story on this. I have noticed that you like to goof around. This is something that we all do from time to time and small ammounts are fine, but you do not stop goofing around. You do alot of shitposting in discord and in-game your conduct is very poor. As seen above you have received a strike. You did simmer down, but then picked it back up where you left it by again shitposting and being passive agressive when you are getting told off.

All of this has resulted in you receiving a second strike wich is a demotion.
It saddens me that you might think I was bias in my decision, as I cannot think of a reason to be bias in the first place towards you.

I hope this awnsers some questions you had and if need be we can discuss this in Teamspeak or Discord.

Aurelius/Amadeus

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Aug 2, 2023
Italy
Unprofessional Conduct
The shitposting he reffered to was some videos and gifs i had posted in E-11 CO channel, which were not interrupting any serious conversation and did not clog up the channel
Perspective from an E11 CO, Ganch never disrupted any conversation we were having with his so called "Shitposts", even if he did send some funny gifs & videos once in a while I personally believe that's not an issue and just all jokes.
I don't believe any E11 CO had any issues with it and I am sure that if we would have, we would have forwarded a report (Which, I don't believe anybody did).
In conclusion, I believe the "shitposts" in E11 CO channel were not even an issue nor grounds for punishing the Site Advisor with even a Verbal Warning since it never got to a level where it became a real issue.

Do note that I posted this since it was relevant to one of his accusations,

Kree

May 17, 2023
Perspective from an E11 CO, Ganch never disrupted any conversation we were having with his so called "Shitposts", even if he did send some funny gifs & videos once in a while I personally believe that's not an issue and just all jokes.

I don't believe any E11 CO had any issues with it and I am sure that if we would have, we would have forwarded a report (Which, I don't believe anybody did).

In conclusion, I believe the "shitposts" in E11 CO channel were not even an issue nor grounds for punishing the Site Advisor with even a Verbal Warning since it never got to a level where it became a real issue.

Do note that I posted this since it was relevant to one of his accusations,
Everything said here is true. None of the E-11 CO's or COMS have ever had problems with Ganch. He has been extremely helpful to us and even helped in some of the decision making + making new policies for E-11. The only time he ever "shitposted" was in the early mornings or the late nights where nothing was going on (also he only really did it once every few days) and it wasn't done to bother anyone, he just wanted to make some jokes. During the main hours and when needed, he would always act professional as an SA even when not directly supervising us. I understand that this wasn't the only reason he got demoted but I just wanted to make it clear that at least from E-11's side, he has been a good SA and I do believe he should be given another chance.

This reply was made just to add some clarification to what Amadeus has said and also hopefully serves as some proof that Ganch has been a great point of contact for E-11 as well.

Mark Belgrum (Dutch)

Oct 5, 2022
The Netherlands
Adding evidence from my side:

Attachments

• 1706190639095.png
    1706190639095.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 1706190623351.png
    1706190623351.png
    379.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 1706190649334.png
    1706190649334.png
    175.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 1706190659359.png
    1706190659359.png
    235.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 1706190678710.png
    1706190678710.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 1706190704621.png
    1706190704621.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 1706190734236.png
    1706190734236.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 1706190774777.png
    1706190774777.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 1706190799485.png
    1706190799485.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 1706190808403.png
    1706190808403.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 75

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
Appeal Accepted

Hi @Ganch ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a roleplay demotion appeal.

The Overseer Council and The Ethics Committee have jointly reviewed this as per an administrative agreement and as such have deemed your demotion unfair.

I will however like to state your behaviour can be somewhat questionable in out of character scenarios, please do keep a level head when going forward.

You will be reinstated as a Site Advisor effective immediately.

Any issues please contact O5-2 (Naffen) as I am currently on LOA.​

Status
Not open for further replies.