Denied Gang Reputation Changes

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beans

CG Platinum VIP
Donator
Dec 20, 2020
Heinz
Gang Reputation Changes

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

1) Change territory captures to be a 12h period and then lock. I would suggest from 12 midday - 12 midnight. Maybe longer if you want. But lock the territories at night. The territories should be fought over but if one gang come on at night they can go around and get territories basically for free.

2) Beacons currently are more of a damage then its worth. Say your beacon gets destroyed the rep you lose is insane and it will straight up sometimes cause a gang to drop down in the rankings. Sure maybe you can move up the ranks with a beacon but its better to focus on territories because they have no risk. I suggest that you rebalance the beacon in someway to make it something that every gang should be wanting to put down when they base not something that is avoided by most.

3) Also more rules need to be made about PD in territory wars. Currently PD can just walk in and they basically join in. I'm not saying that is necessarily bad but i don't know what i can do as PD in a territory war or as a gang member to PD. Sometimes it can just turn the tide of the war when PD just pull up in mass and ruin a good fight between gangs. Im not saying dont let PD get involved but define some rules for it.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

1) This would make territories more competitive and make it so gangs actively earn rep instead of just farming it over night when no no-one is on.

2) Gang beacons would become a bigger part of the game. Currently they are more of a way to lose yourself rep.

3) PD territory rules are just needed...

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

1) Territories would be locked for 12 hour (maybe less)

2) If you buff beacons too much it could be really op for big gang.

3) None at all add some rules...

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

1) Sure it might discourage people from playing at night but I really doubt that there is enough incentive as its easy to make money at night. All I can see changes the territories to lock at night would do is make the day time when gang members are on would be more fun.

2) I'm not asking for beacons to be overturned but currently TS have banned putting down beacons as they are just not all the worthwhile.

3) Ngl there just needs to be some sort of rules defined for PD in territory rules. Dunno what but please just make a rule to make things clearer.

HOOOOPE YOU ENJOYED MY SUGGESTION
If you only like suggestion 1) 2) or 3) please say so in your +/-support

Herwulf

May 18, 2022
Agree on the points above, but I think adding rules for pd too much would ruin the rp, gang wars aren't out of rp so pd can and should interfere, I think they could change the rule that pd cannot enter a gang war area as they do usually, we can either let them put up barricades without fading doors Ofc so they don't block the no nlr rule in gang wars for gang members, maybe allow them to shoot only from those barricades or close out the area so the gangs just clean each other up, and restrict people from entering it due to you know being a dangerous area. Just thinking out loud dunno if admins would inspire another suggestion

Lee Falzone

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
1. -Support makes dominant gangs have a higher chance to defend themselves. Imo territories shouldn't be hold by 1 gang for too long since it weakens out the rest and doesn't balance out properly also it's not healthy for smaller gangs in the server.

2. +Support i think that whoever places the beacon down. After the owner of the beacon leaves the thing despawns with it too.

3. +/- Neutral PD in gang wars are really awkward, however at the end they are police. A better idea would be that if they died in residentials for example they need to wait out their NLR before they can re-enter residentials again.

Beans

CG Platinum VIP
Donator
Dec 20, 2020
Heinz
Lee I agree big gangs holding all the territories for ages is boring but what's worse is that fact that half of all the gang rep is made when 80% of players aren't very active is dumb. Not saying give the gangs holding it when they lock night mad amounts of gang rep. I would even say maybe give no gang rep over night or seriously reduced. But I do think it is dumb that so much rep can be gained when not many players will be active. Sure it can help a smaller gang but I think a better idea is improve beacons and that be the way small gangs get rep and have territories fought over by the biggest gangs. It kind of similar to how there had to be a player cap added for wars on MRP because the map would be completely different after one late night war and you would wake up having lost the whole map.

Also adding onto my suggestion no gang should be able to hold more than 3 territories to create a divide. That way worst case senior the 9 territories would still be split between 3 gangs. Prevents a big gang such as TS vanguard ect being overly dominant.

sahns

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Norway
-Support makes dominant gangs have a higher chance to defend themselves.
Not really, you can get the same amout of people as them into a territory capture.

I agree with everything Beans has mentioned here, except for reducing or removing the option to gain reputation after a certain amount of time. Yes, lock territories within a certain time frame, but limiting to when you can get rep to a certain amount of time will probably amount to a few people only ever going on the server during those times.

could maybe add Varena (revamped) so that people can get some xp and combat after territories cap ends.

In conclusion, +support.

Coolioo

top bloke
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
bossman lane
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Beans

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

1) Change territory captures to be a 12h period and then lock. I would suggest from 12 midday - 12 midnight. Maybe longer if you want. But lock the territories at night. The territories should be fought over but if one gang come on at night they can go around and get territories basically for free.
We don't want to lock it off for this period, as it'd hinder our late-night player base, which we must also consider. Rather, we'll change it so that if there is below 30 players online it cannot be captured. This will solve the potential problem of people capturing territories when the server is not as active as usual - without killing gang gameplay for our later players.

2) Beacons currently are more of a damage then its worth. Say your beacon gets destroyed the rep you lose is insane and it will straight up sometimes cause a gang to drop down in the rankings. Sure maybe you can move up the ranks with a beacon but its better to focus on territories because they have no risk. I suggest that you rebalance the beacon in someway to make it something that every gang should be wanting to put down when they base not something that is avoided by most.
The Content Team feels as if there is no need for a buff to the beacons. Rather, change how the rep is lost from beacons so it's not as devastating to the gangs reputation.

3) Also more rules need to be made about PD in territory wars. Currently PD can just walk in and they basically join in. I'm not saying that is necessarily bad but i don't know what i can do as PD in a territory war or as a gang member to PD. Sometimes it can just turn the tide of the war when PD just pull up in mass and ruin a good fight between gangs. Im not saying dont let PD get involved but define some rules for it.
We are against the idea of limiting PD beyond how their RP should be. By this I mean if PD see a gang war happening, in RP, they have to respond and try to handle the situation; it'd be damaging to RP if it were any other way. If a new player was playing PD and couldn't just respond to the gang war, and had to dance around rules, they would be confused and unhappy. PD changing the tide of war is just part of the RP.

This will now be locked, moved, and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.