Pending Review Give 860-2 Breach Behaviour

On-Hold and / or under current review, please allow us time.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Makes 860-2 a breaching SCP that, in addition to what it currently is and does, has behaviour similar to other breaching SCPs, (even in the same area: 173, 457, 912 - All three are SCPs in LCZ that breach (...technically 427 as well, but that's purely player-initiated)), via containment box hacking or the auto-breach queue.

There would need to be decisions made about whether 860-2 is a non-terminable or terminable SCP (Terminable being contextualised in RP as something like "What 860-2 is, is just one instance of an animal species native to the 860 dimension, so there's basically an infinite number of them in the 860 dimension") and how much health it would have (...I'm honestly not sure which to pick. I'm leaning terminable).

As for justifying this breach behaviour in RP with 860's lore and such... You could have a series of GM-led events accompanying this change, basically boiling down to some reasoning like "the 860 dimension itself wanting to be interacted with" and because it is not interacted with that often by RsD, it "gets agitated(?)" and "it influences the forest's guardian (860-2) to exit the dimension into baseline reality for the express purpose of drawing attention to it." Or something along those lines. And it would be treated as "860-2 wasn't something that does this before, but is now. Why does it do this?" kind of situation.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

It's not possible to search the forum for 860-specific posts, because three-character length words are too short. What searches I was able to do turned up no similar results. It's additionally possible that this was something suggested back when suggestions were Discord-based.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

• More use of and spotlight on, 860 - A largely underutilised SCP that really only gets sampled because it has useful NVG chems. It could stand to be a lot more interesting and not just among the things that take up space, both on the map and in filesize.

• Another breach option for players that want to breach as SCPs & players that want to hack out SCPs, using something already present in-game and practically almost complete - Although this may need adjustments to level requirements for 860 and such, unsure. I appreciate that not every SCP there is, nor every player SCP needs to also breach, but I think there is wasted potential in not allowing 860 to breach.

• Would potentially encourage more RP with 860 & RsD activity - ...Strange, right? Adding something to the pool of 'what can breach' would in turn encourage an RP interaction. My point here is generating interest in 860. We do already have plans to accomplish 912 being able to speak via RP events; So why not do more? Have RP events that accompany 860's sudden ability to breach. Encourage use.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

• Underutilisation - Imagine, you add breaching behaviour to 860 and as a result... People still just don't play 860 that much anyway. Even worse, it may take activity away from other underplayed SCPs. Or it just doesn't have the intended effect, which is also a possibility.

• Dev time - Working out balance, etc. As I said above.

• Lore inaccuracy - As much as I think I've reasonably justified everything I've stated here, there is still the issue that this would be out of the bounds of what is "canon" of 860; However, I believe this in particular is minor and falls within the bounds of creative freedom. Again, I believe that I've reasonably justified all of this. This is not too far-fetched, in my opinion.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

This is mostly just a testbed. I put no stock in this suggestion - I am testing the waters to gauge the viability the idea of a future suggestion I'm planning, on giving 914 breach behaviour. No, that was not a typo. I do mean 914. I will make "914 flag on" real. Yes, I'm serious, yes I can justify it and yes I can contextualise it all within the bounds of RP. I have had plans for months and I intend on covering it comprehensively. And yes, Auburn, it will unfortunately probably be long, as much as I try to trim my final plans & ideas down - The final draft will likely unavoidably by lengthy. It's part of why I'm putting that suggestion off. I will not be taking any further questions (...Although admittedly, if this gets accepted, that does actually hurt my efforts because then I would be trying to make a fifth (sixth if you count 427 (seventh if you count 3078 for whatever reason??)) LCZ SCP breachable - It would be less justified).

Back to 860, the topic of this suggestion - As with most things, I obviously don't expect this to be implemented overnight. Even though I said a lot of the things necessary here are already present, this would be low priority. Especially considering that the current development focus, to my observation, seems to be encouraging more RP in the server and this...

Actually, as I write, I think this suggestion might help with that. Think about this for a moment:

What are the knock-on effects of adding an SCP that would ultimately be easy to deal with (But obviously, not so easy that people don't breach as it)?

If more easy-to-deal-with breaches happen, they get resolved sooner. People can get back to RP sooner. You'd effectively be diluting your breaches. I can't really put what I'm thinking here into as good words as I'd like, so I'm just going to have to hope that this gets across, but... Yeah.

Whatever. Anyway, funny 860 suggestion, let's see what happens.

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
+Support
unlikely to happen but would be cool regardless since you never see enough of 860

Reactions: Zen

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
bro who gives a shit about law inaccuracy the whole server is full of a bunch of majour inaccuracies, also it breaching can be explained with a "scp-860-2 instance has entered a state of range since the most recent test" because people enter too much or smth

++1

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
heres the thing, 860 CAN breach in a very specific manner but it is unknown how, additionally... 860 sticks to his forest and guards it forever so why would he leave his forest? additionally how would his breach look like? a discount 939 or 682 that just runs around and munches people?

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
heres the thing, 860 CAN breach in a very specific manner but it is unknown how
idk
additionally... 860 sticks to his forest and guards it forever so why would he leave his forest?
As for justifying this breach behaviour in RP with 860's lore and such... You could have a series of GM-led events accompanying this change, basically boiling down to some reasoning like "the 860 dimension itself wanting to be interacted with" and because it is not interacted with that often by RsD, it "gets agitated(?)" and "it influences the forest's guardian (860-2) to exit the dimension into baseline reality for the express purpose of drawing attention to it." Or something along those lines. And it would be treated as "860-2 wasn't something that does this before, but is now. Why does it do this?" kind of situation.
Lore inaccuracy - As much as I think I've reasonably justified everything I've stated here, there is still the issue that this would be out of the bounds of what is "canon" of 860; However, I believe this in particular is minor and falls within the bounds of creative freedom. Again, I believe that I've reasonably justified all of this. This is not too far-fetched, in my opinion.

additionally how would his breach look like? a discount 939 or 682 that just runs around and munches people?
...pretty much. it'd at least be an option for new people climbing up SCP levels, as well as if they don't have VIP, etc.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
heres the thing, 860 CAN breach in a very specific manner but it is unknown how
After a Nuke which kills every SCP - Non Breach queue SCP’s are put into the breach queue. This involved 860
Also
+Support
-YES PLEASE, I WANT TO KIDNAP THE WOOD STATUE CAT THING

wiggy

Apr 16, 2023
+1
CN Lore is still lore.
Most likely will make the scp more playable and more content for the server.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
i say that because i'm fairly sure they said they might remove SCP 860 and its chamber in the past to accomodate new SCPs due to hardware limits or something like that
i'd also be okay with that. as i said,
This is mostly just a testbed. I put no stock in this suggestion - I am testing the waters to gauge the viability the idea of a future suggestion I'm planning, on giving 914 breach behaviour.