Denied Give O-1/A-1 and OSA/ECA ability to arrest people

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Let's them arrest people

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
idk

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Don't have to wait on noob IA
Able to arrest people when no IA on are onsite

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
none

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Should be accepted the change to remove it was bad

Sep 16, 2023
this seems like an ironic statement as the change has stripped away isd's & assistant's very own rp experience
(and their job to enforce the legal codex, it is their jobs as assistants & internal security).

ic issue

+ support
At a recent meeting, idr whether it was SC or SL or both, somebody basically gave the blanket statement that enforcing FLC is outright not part of either role's job and that it was basically powercreep that they got those powers in the first place. ISD and assistants are there to protect SC and carry out their orders, that is their purpose, not enforcing FLC - that is IA's job.

Kayla

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Oct 20, 2023
big +support
- When IA aren't online, there is no one to make arrests - forcing people to deal with others causing issues.
- Half the time, IA don't even respond, meaning we have to call on ISD assistance, but not being able to arrest makes it pointless.

Reactions: Gizzmo and appo
Jan 4, 2022
this seems like an ironic statement as the change has stripped away isd's & assistant's very own rp experience
(and their job to enforce the legal codex, it is their jobs as assistants & internal security).

ic issue

+ support
Brother, no.

To give more elaboration, A-1 and O-1 ( I refuse to call them ISD ), assistant primary job is to ASSIST/OBEY and carry out site command order, no where does it state that you guys enforce the actual code. That was simply a job you guys appointed yourself.

• reaction_title.7
Reactions: Zen and appo
Oct 7, 2023
Brother, no.

To give more elaboration, A-1 and O-1 ( I refuse to call them ISD ), assistant primary job is to ASSIST/OBEY and carry out site command order, no where does it state that you guys enforce the actual code. That was simply a job you guys appointed yourself.

-Support

Hell no, why is it that the branch of enforcing the codex is being overstepped by ISD. ISD primary responsibility if we were to bring it down to the most simple of term is to protect Site Command and carry out SC order, if SC need someone to be dealt with then that should be done using covert operation where the person are just kidnap and bring to the SC rather than them going around LARPing as the police of the site. If you really need to arrest someone then hear me out, GET THE BRANCH THAT IS PRIMARILY RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT, your solution to a shit IA can't be just to cast it aside, your solution to a shit IA is to work WITH IA leadership to fix it. Let the branch responsible for arrest deal with arrest. ISD and Assistant already power-trip more than an officer in the rural county in Los Angeles.
Brother, no.

you must hate ISD 😭

Reactions: appo
Oct 23, 2022
bro is giving counterpoints and arguments to something he disagrees with. how do that equal hating the regiment

also i think all of ISD hate me specifically since i dont like this change
The issue is his history with ISD, along with making up scenarios or blatantly lying. Calling "A-1 and O-1 the primary policing regiment" is insane, if we look at the logs on the US I'm certain we wouldn't even make up 10% of the arrests over the past month, and of those I'd say 50% are SC ordered arrests, and 25% helping out IA when they ask. He also shares the ideology of "You should only be guarding SC and nothing else" which killed ISD activity awhile ago, and he knows it did cause we had a meeting between NL/SL/A1/O5 to address the issue.

Also I hate you cause your G.O.I, not cuz of your opinion :). /s

Last edited:
The issue is his history with ISD, along with making up scenarios or blatantly lying.
if you could send any proof of this to me i would be happy to hear you out on this

if we look at the logs on the US I'm certain we wouldn't even make up 10% of the arrests over the past month, and of those I'd say 50% are SC ordered arrests, and 25% helping out IA when they ask.
if you do such a small amount of arrests, whats the issue with not being able to do any? Surely it isnt that big a change if its only 10%?

Also I hate you cause your G.O.I, not cuz of your opinion :). /s
what the freak bro, how could you do this to me

Status
Not open for further replies.