Denied Give O-1/A-1 and OSA/ECA ability to arrest people

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glazzing

May 31, 2023
Des Moines, Iowa
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Let's them arrest people

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
idk

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Don't have to wait on noob IA
Able to arrest people when no IA on are onsite

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
none

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Should be accepted the change to remove it was bad

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
-Support
-Don't let ISD/Assistants take away from IA RP pls

Jeffrey Nut

Oct 6, 2023
Alpha 1 and Omega 1, same as both types of Assistant are trusted roles, if they are unproffesinal and powertrippy on the job they just simply get striked or removed from the job if they powertrip
adding to this a lot more minges can hop onto IA because it doesnt need so much time to enter
so +support i guess

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
-Support
This was changed recently because of how much ISD and Assistants were stepping into IA's role - ISD has had a huge amount of powercreep, and in this aspect it was one of many things that were badly fucking IA over. I genuinely don't see much of a need for them to be able to do this that can't just be done properly via IA - allowing them to do it themselves just seems like an RP shortcut, and the part that it's cutting out is IA's RP.

ISD are there to protect their respective Site Command and to carry out their orders, not to enforce the FLC, that is entirely IA's job, and neither of these two roles should be actively going around essentially LARPing as IA and taking away from IA's RP. That ISD and Assistants could previously do this, and previously often did, was simply powercreep and not how those roles are supposed to work.

With any concerns around IA, I feel like they can mostly be addressed with good IA leadership, potentially an IC overhaul of IA (similar to what UK is going through right now), and the upcoming (sometime in the nebulous future) CT rework of IA. If you can't even get a single person to flag on IA Agent, then either USA's IA is completely dead, or it's like 5am and you need to reconsider how much the server content should be centered around that experience.

Alpha 1 and Omega 1, same as both types of Assistant are trusted roles, if they are unproffesinal and powertrippy on the job they just simply get striked or removed from the job if they powertrip
adding to this a lot more minges can hop onto IA because it doesnt need so much time to enter
so +support i guess
So let me get this straight:
  • ISD and Assistants, which are MTF and junior CL4 roles, don't have any noticeable amount of powertripping? Have you ever played on Civil Networks?
  • Minges being able to go on IA does not affect the outcome of the problem the thread is attempting to address - if there were more IA on at all, that would solve the issue, and if there were mingey IA on, that doesn't make any difference because their power isn't being affected here
+Support only for Assistants and even then it should only be used if no IA are on
Again, if you can't even get a single person to flag on IA, either your IA is dead or you're playing at like 5am.

Reactions: Niox

Kufie

Donator
Feb 19, 2023
New york, USA
+ support
There’s not always IA on to help, and as CL4 you are trusted to make the right decisions. Weather it’s jr or Sr, I was an ECA and the amount of people I arrested due to violations was diabolical.

Reactions: Gizzmo and appo

Nomad_600

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Jan 4, 2022
-Support

Hell no, why is it that the branch of enforcing the codex is being overstepped by ISD. ISD primary responsibility if we were to bring it down to the most simple of term is to protect Site Command and carry out SC order, if SC need someone to be dealt with then that should be done using covert operation where the person are just kidnap and bring to the SC rather than them going around LARPing as the police of the site. If you really need to arrest someone then hear me out, GET THE BRANCH THAT IS PRIMARILY RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT, your solution to a shit IA can't be just to cast it aside, your solution to a shit IA is to work WITH IA leadership to fix it. Let the branch responsible for arrest deal with arrest. ISD and Assistant already power-trip more than an officer in the rural county in Los Angeles.

Jeffrey Nut

Oct 6, 2023
ISD and Assistants, which are MTF and junior CL4 roles, don't have any noticeable amount of powertripping? Have you ever played on Civil Networks?
I never said they arent powertripping? its just that if they are, just report them to their higher ups.
This was changed recently because of how much ISD and Assistants were stepping into IA's role
Idk about the UK server but at least on the US server we got told its because of ISD/Assistants having an "I am better then you" Powertrip what i have personal didnt really seen but i get that ISD/Assistants actully have powertripped against other people. So the reason why i said "adding to this a lot more minges can hop onto IA because it doesnt need so much time to enter" Is because i wanted to address that random people that passed an test can start arresting people and then also say "I am better then you so i will just arrest you" with matching the same energy.

Also it wouldt change anything, if we ask an IA to come to interogation and say "arrest this person for this reason" its literally the same thing just that we dont personally arrest them and IA does it for us.

but i get why it got removed, idk why for assistants like normally ECA enforce the Code of Ethics and OSA enforce the Code of Conduct.
Its the same as A1 and O1 but tbh my entire time as an a1 rn (not long tho like 3-4 Weeks) i have like arrested maybe 5 people and then IA did it for me.

Evil

Jun 24, 2022
-support
its not a1 and 01's job to arrest people there job is to protect 05 and ethic simple as that
beside both groups are shady as fuck and break multiple "RP rule" so it would be hypocritical for a1 and 01 to have the ability to arrest people for like going into 914 to use very fine when they did it 30 mins ago.

Last edited:

appo

Donator
Jun 20, 2022
-Support
-Don't let ISD/Assistants take away from IA RP pls

this seems like an ironic statement as the change has stripped away isd's & assistant's very own rp experience
(and their job to enforce the legal codex, it is their jobs as assistants & internal security).

ISD and Assistant already power-trip more than an officer in the rural county in Los Angeles.

ic issue

+ support

Last edited:

cityismy

May 10, 2023
Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Don't have to wait on noob IA
Able to arrest people when no IA on are onsite
The idea that the only way to enforce the FLC and punish people in character is to have them sit in a cell for 30 minutes is stupid, you can hand out citations, set up tribunals or do anything that creates a sliver of RP as an assistant you should be looking to create and partake in as much rp as possible instead of just throwing people in cells, you can even torture people, lobotomise them I don't fucking care, you have countless tools at your disposal as an assistant to punish people in character, arresting is a quick solution that in most cases has minimal RP.

Reactions: Zen

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
this seems like an ironic statement as the change has stripped away isd's & assistant's very own rp experience
(and their job to enforce the legal codex, it is their jobs as assistants & internal security).
if ISD's/Assistants RP is to arrest people i think we have an issue
especially since their job is to investigate CL4 members. If they want someone arrested, they can ask an IA to do so, rather than constantly taking away from their RP.

The fact that ISD/Assistants RP overlap with IA's is also an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.