Denied give sas more slots for sniper job

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tac

Apr 8, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
[More slots for the sas/sts sniper jobs]

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
[I'm not too sure]

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
[Positives: More chances for people to play sniper when they want to.]

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
[could not think of any negative for this]

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
[Because i could not identify any downsides to this suggestion but i do hope for it to be accepted]

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
-Support

[-] More snipers with no downsides is always a no in my book.

Prillups

Sep 16, 2023
-Support

As Jason said, you have listed no downsides. Allowing more would offset the balance, as you already have 2 regiments equipped to do this, regiments with slightly worse snipers, and NHC jobs.
I would flush my explanation out more, but I've already passed you in word count so I'm not going to. Give better reasonings and reasons again and retry in two weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: shaun11103

Oceanus

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 21, 2021
Oof, I did say I was gonna write a fleshed out suggestion for this... Welp, 2 week wait to perfect it I guess :'D

ZLT49A

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 26, 2021
Was there not a balance change for this like 2 weeks ago that buffed snipers? Ppl just never happy smh

Wolves

May 14, 2022
- Support
Snipers has always been an touchy subject, more snipers which will annoy more people as you can't fight hostiles in front of you with like six snipers killing your team holding the point, IVG/ISAF are already at slight disadvantage, more snipers just put them in a higher disadvantage.

Marselo [Roach]

Oct 5, 2023
- Support
If you want more snipers we would have to go back to the combat points system again so there aint like 6 snipers up at all times since they are pretty annoying to deal with.
also if you want one regiment to have more snipers people would say you are making that regiment too good and making it a one man army.

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Main positive would be there is less competition for sniper slots, that was always a big point of contention for people in ISAF/SAS/IVG/AG. But it's like saying JAF/ABT should have more helicopters so people can fly more.

Sniper balancing itself has been fairly horrible and I don't think either side is happy. Best balance would be to remove the sniper marker and limit the snipers to what they are (maybe with a job cooldown if you die as sniper after getting X amount of kills) currently. Sniper marker is just a huge nerf for no real reason other than people are too incompetent to deal with snipers, they're really quite easy to out-play.

tl;dr keep sniper limits but remove sniper ping and actually let ground troopers use their brains to kill snipers instead of coping.

Markous Fenix

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 16, 2021
- Support

Multiple people/players have asked this multiple times, Please understand that there are maxed 2 players for snipers because you dont want everyone in the server to run around like headless chickens with snipers

'Kaz'

Jul 30, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @bob/gerbil ,
Your suggestion has been denied. This job slot change has only be recently done and the majority of the community is in disagreement of adding this change. Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion​

Status
Not open for further replies.