Denied Give the GS a turret that has the same stats as the 52 thus balancing both sides

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Helios

May 15, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adding the KA-52s turret to the GS

Has something similar been suggested before?:
Not from what I know

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Helis become fair and balanced

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
SWB will complain

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Currently, the KA-52 is broken, the KA-52s turret can 4 tap any helis (excluding the BF however even that takes a small number of shots to kill..) thus making the turret the main option for air-to-air. This also makes it significantly not fair to play against.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

MAXTAWAN

Jun 4, 2022
-Support
Gs is supposed to be equivelant to the ka50
I think giving you guys 3 littlebirds would make up for it but idk what other ppl think

Connor | FUDGESICLE

FUDGESICLE
Oct 8, 2021
London
The Cobra was given the Viper cannon to compensate this, there is an extreme imbalance in decent pilots on the server, while I am not going to deny the KA-52 is powerful NATO has plenty of helicopters to compensate.

Bumble

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Jan 21, 2021
ur closet
thatsthefinger.com
+ Support

In my opinion, the KA-52 currently gives SWB a large advantage. As there is little to no delay for the cannon, you simply need to hold left click and be aiming at the other heli roughly for a few seconds before it dies. JAF has no equivalent as there is no Single seated heli with a cannon of that power. Yes, the co-pilot in the Cobra was 'upgraded' but this does not add much to dogfighting as it is much harder to cannon a heli in the co-pilot seat than the pilot unless they simply don't move, stay centred and hold left click.

A heli similar for JAF would balance them out, the 2 LBs don't compare much. Or removing the cannon completely and enabling 2 KA-52s

Reactions: Stryder

Kiwi

Administrator
Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Jan 29, 2021
UK
-Support

I don't mean to come across disrespectful here so I apologise in advance if I do.

The ka52 is a very powerful helicopter however NATO have both the Cobra and the Viper with very powerful Co-Pilot cannons, if you're a semi decent co-pilot you can quite easily kill a helicopter using it. The KA-52 requires more skill than the average helicopter, before you complain I agree that the cannon is very powerful, but to get consistent hits by using the KA-52 you have to be a semi-decent pilot.

All I can recommend is train up your co-pilots better so they hit their shots more often and you'll have less issues. I'm not going to give you a pilot 101 but if you stopped flying 20metres above the ground you wouldn't get killed so quickly. JAF are often seen flying VERY low to the ground so all they need is to hit the top rotor 3,4,5 times and it's gone.

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021

-Support

This suggestion would just make heli combat too one sided as JAF would then have the Little Bird which possesses the best handling in the game and the smallest heli and a 52 equivalent. An increase to potentially 3 little birds would be fair but the solutions offered by JAF members in this suggestion and thread would make it extremely unfair.

Dan Bambozzini

Jun 10, 2022
+Support

You will all say that we cope that this heli is broken but basically every war, KA 52 gets used the whole war and it 3-4 shots a heli with a spam hitscan. There is 0 fun in having to fight that heli and it’s unbalanced unlike any other copilot cannon. SWB know it’s extremely unbalanced as it gets stockpiled every peacetime because they wanna spam it and use it more. The KA52 cannon shoots faster than the viper and cobra cannon and it does way more damage and easier to control. I don’t understand how you can compare and look at this and say it’s balanced, it’s just SWB saying we’re copeing and trying to convince people it’s balanced. The damage for this cannon has to be severely reduced or even removed at that point because it is not fun at all. The euro gets the same cannon as the viper as far as I’m concerned because it shoots really fast too. Test the fire rates and the damage of every heli you guys are saying are supposed to be equal and you will see the unbalance in damage and fire rate between the 2 helis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stryder

Vladislav

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Aug 5, 2021
Youre mothers bedroom
+Support

You will all say that we cope that this heli is broken but basically every war, KA 52 gets used the whole war and it 3-4 shots a heli with a spam hitscan. There is 0 fun in having to fight that heli and it’s unbalanced unlike any other copilot cannon. SWB know it’s extremely unbalanced as it gets stockpiled every peacetime because they wanna spam it and use it more. The KA52 cannon shoots faster than the viper and cobra cannon and it does way more damage and easier to control. I don’t understand how you can compare and look at this and say it’s balanced, it’s just SWB saying we’re copeing and trying to convince people it’s balanced. The damage for this cannon has to be severely reduced or even removed at that point because it is not fun at all. The euro gets the same cannon as the viper as far as I’m concerned because it shoots really fast too. Test the fire rates and the damage of every heli you guys are saying are supposed to be equal and you will see the unbalance in damage and fire rate between the 2 helis.
Dan, im guessing that you didn't read any of the comments above before posting this and therefore i will explain it to you here

The 52 is simply not broken. While yes, the cannon may appear to have higher firerate than other cannons, that is literally THE ONLY advantage of KA compared to other helis. Literally any other heli can outmaneuver and otclimb the ka. Its engine power is lower than literally anything else and in fact the ka is quite easy to shoot down. Just because you dont know how to kill a KA and don't enjoy that doesn't mean entire regiment needs to get a buff or a debuff. I'll have you reminded that ka-52 is a heli that requires more skill to fly than literally any other swb helicopter so please stop complaining before you learn how to properly fly your own helis. If you were to fly that ka you wouldn't be able to use the cannon the same way as we do because pilot skill difference plays a major role here which all of jaf tries to blame on the server instead of themselves, as usual.

If needed we can even start clipping that the reason we can use our helis better is because jaf is like 90% of the time flying low to ground or do anything else to make themselves easier target

MAXTAWAN

Jun 4, 2022
+Support

Isnt the damage the same? I thought the firerate was faster.

Connor | FUDGESICLE

FUDGESICLE
Oct 8, 2021
London
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Helios , Your suggestion has been denied.

Helicopters in the eyes of the SL team and the Content Team are currently balanced to a reasonable extent, the Cobra was buffed to compensate for the Havoc / KAS-52.​

Status
Not open for further replies.