Denied GOC Embassy update

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This change would overall edit and upgrade the GOC embassy. It is currently the smallest faction-wide base, and has no reason to be. There is no kitchen, proper armory, proper meeting room, no storage rooms, one TINY research/chemical lab, and one EVEN SMALLER filing cabinet room that stores all the documents of the entire faction in it. The layout is pretty terrible in my opinion and NEEDS a change.

Everything marked in YELLOW is a definite need, and I cannot understate how important they are.

Additionally, any specific part of this suggestion can be denied, while accepting other parts. This is in no way a complete package, or bundle of suggestions that needs acceptance. Mark it is partially accepted if only specific parts are being accepted.

Requested Changes, Additions, & Removals:
~ Fix the Tryout/Training room door to not open when the Bunk doors open(its still an issue).
+ Add a proper kitchen, & cafeteria(better than the middle of a hallway!)
+ Add a larger storage room for misc. activities(training, keycard deposits, VIP/HVIs, etc.)
+ Add a proper garage extension to allow 3(or more) vehicles to park(GOIs typically use 2 or more vehicles to transport security & HVIs)
+ Add a Kill House. The GOC is the only faction without one.
+ Expand the upper-embassy, and split it into 2 sections(one for civilian use, another for GOC/GOI use). These upper sections can include the meeting room(s), or similar political/diplomatic areas that should be more easily accessible for RP.
+ Expand, or add a new, larger armory. We are the most heavily equipped, advanced faction, and we have the smallest armory of any faction.
+ Add additional rooms, and offices(maybe to the surface embassy) for each Division leader, with respective filing cabinets, and a CL4 filing cabinet room.
+ Add a proper medbay. The research center should NOT double as a medical center.
+ Add more than one storage locker thing for Threat Entities.
+ Add a ladder or fire-stairs to the Embassy roof(jumping on a barb-wire gate doesnt seem safe...).

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ More room for CI/Foundation to maneuver inside the Embassy, or Bunker, making raids easier and less cluttered.
+ An actual meeting room that isn't in hearing and viewing ranger of the recruitment/tryout room.
+ The recruitment/tryout room door would no longer open from GOC leaving bunks(shouldn't have to suggest this...).
+ Proper civilian section of the UN embassy for the obvious, super serious civilian RP.
+ Proper GOI section of the UN embassy, for diplomatic meetings, since the bunker should act more like a shield from GOIs.
+ Proper filing cabinet room, with UNGOC-C offices, with their own filing cabinets per-division(which can double as an infobreach for civilians if they get inside!).
+ An actual kill house to use during tryouts. Why switch to tryouts if the only thing we're doing is reading application questions to people instead of them reading it themselves??
+ More room for GOI/GOC vehicles in the garage/parking lot area(whatever gets decided I don't care, be creative). Maybe room for tanks and/or a helipad(making the pilot achievement maybe doable too, oooo~).
+ Medical center for medical RP. This could also be on surface for Civilians to enter as well(maybe surface medical v UN medical might be an RP situation too).
+ Logical storage room for storing logical things. Kinda like that big ass drive way for SCP-939's chamber. Might also be a good place for the armory/AA to be located, maybe with ammo stacks. Just a thought.
+ Some development love might get the faction more popular(at least for the US).

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- HCZ update 2.0, but honestly just scale it back if thats the case.
- Possible additional server lag(?), not sure how map loading is handled.
- Development time(just blame Food Eater).
- GOC gets an update(cardinal sin fr).

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The UN Embassy, and Bunker, desperately need an update. Almost every single room has a double use, or triple use, aside from the tryout room. This issue even extends to the hallways, with the Bunker hallway accessing every single inch of the base, with the most important room being the first one to the left(filing cabinet room).

Honestly the devs and staff did a good job making it efficiently built. It works in it's current state, just not very well. The GOC can provide a massive amount of RP to every faction, including CI if given the chance, but often times we're left out of updates, resulting in not many people wanting to join or be in the GOC(at least on the US). Even if the GOC was super popular, I dont think anyone would scoff at a base update(aside from CI).

I think the surface needs a good update, with a CI and GOC base overhaul, but thats my opinion.

Like I said though, the most important things are marked in yellow. We NEED a kill house, and we NEED the tryout doors fixed. Both of those issues are literally imperative to the GOC's continued recruitment.
Additional notes:
The GOC Embassy is the only base that isn't underground, maybe a second story would be cool to have. Taking advantage of the fact it's the only above-ground base(aside from the bunker) would be a really cool change of pace.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveDogs

DaveDogs

Feb 19, 2023
My house
steamcommunity.com
No matter your personal feelings toward the GOC, anyone can definitely admit their base is the weakest of the 3.
It honestly looks so "Held together with duct tape" when the double door has to be propblocked, the training room has nothing but a useless faces and formations board, and it gives the vibe that instead of giving a proper expansion, they just shove new stuff into any open spot, making it feel cramped and inefficient.

+Support
(I actually want to keep 682 in a secured container rather than the garage because he's too fat to take down stairs)

Second

To be quite honest, I hope the next major map update is to surface as a whole (and to remove 860) since both CI base and GOC base feel very lacking, and while Foundation base is fine it's still very... eh? +support take a pass at all 3 factions and maybe even add smth for MC&D idk.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
While I agree that the surface needs some polishing, especially GOC and CI base, I don't think it's possible anymore. HCZ was so massive that it maxed out the limit of the map. Nothing can be expanded anymore unless stuff is removed.

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
While I agree that the surface needs some polishing, especially GOC and CI base, I don't think it's possible anymore. HCZ was so massive that it maxed out the limit of the map. Nothing can be expanded anymore unless stuff is removed.
Right now, I see it as either remove certain parts of the map, like useless sections of HCZ, or the GOC can just sit and wallow with nothing new being added while still being screwed over equipment, personnel, and general balance-wise. Each GOC gets individually decent to good loadouts, but falls short when you realize theres usually only 5.

Reactions: DaveDogs

L.Saint

Jul 21, 2022
+SUPPORT (Biased completely)

There isn't much of a 'problem' with the current base besides the bugs that will be fixed, however an 'Upgrade' would have a massive effect on passive RP for all factions that choose to involve themselves with the GOC as well as much more passive RP internally. Making the transition of an F.O.B would make GOC more able to hold passive RP and could be done in an event type fashion, however this would require an insane amount of work and there are a lot more important things that need dev time. Maybe this could be done as a massive update to surface reworking Pinewood, CI base and GOC base but this is probably very low priority.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+/-Neutral
-SL Have said before that a Base change would be too much storage for the server. I Do agree with the mentioned above, and it would be great to see added, but again I don't think there would be enough storage.

-GOC is a lesser faction (With about 25ish people? On the UK at least) So a whole update would be appealing to a small amount of Players (Same reason CI hasn't gotten a base update yet)

If this was possible, without using up too much storage and not making my PC explode then

+Support

Simon "Kitton" A.

Apr 16, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi Kito,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

We already have a base rework in the plans.
At the same time, some of your suggestions are bug fixes/already known issues.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.