Content Suggestion Goodbye to the skip rp pill

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.
Feb 27, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
The removal of the instant kill cyanide. Which currently only serves as a skip rp pill.

Replaces it with:
1. A pill that once taken will start a timer that will kill the user after 5 minutes
2. A new stationary entity, that each faction will have one of which will in rp pump the persons stomach and as a result stop the death. Allowing for freed hostages to undergo medical treatment and be saved.
3. CI Medics, Combat Medics and UNGOC Medics will spawn with a single use syringe that can add 5 more minutes before death to give more time to get the Hostage to a medical centre.

This will mean that if CI kidnap an individual they will have 5 minutes to get out and get the individual to their base medway to cure them, and stopping skip rp.

It will also add an extra use to combative medical roles.

Minute 0: injection
Minute 3: User is unable to talk, blurry vision (similar to 096 effects)
Minute 5: death (unless injected)
Minute 10: death (if injected)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I don't believe so

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- no more skip rp pill, encouraging roleplay
- creates more roleplay for medical, and adds an extra duty for combat medics

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Individuals who are getting kidnapped may preemptively take the pill, starting the timer earlier.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe it will have a positive impact on roleplay and create more roleplay around kidnapping.

- Support

I think that if this change is implemented it will create just as many problems as it will solve:

The biggest problem I see with this is that as soon as a hostage has consumed cyanide then the RP situation effectively has a timer put on it until it is concluded with the death of the hostage - this will mean that the hostage response team has the option to just stall out the situation until they don't have to pay for the hostage and that it will be impossible for staff to establish whether or not this stalling was done on purpose and issue warns.

It is already the case that the CI will attempt to extract a hostage if they can simply because the hostage will be easier to defend in their base - I don't believe a timed cyanide will change this.

I think the fundamental issue is that there are not a wide enough variety of good RP resolutions outside of trade X for X. But this suggestion does not target this fundamental issue.

Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy
Aug 17, 2022
-Support

I actually really like the idea of this and want to +support it. I do not think it addresses some more fundamental issues with hostage negotiations and interactions that might exist at present, as Eidolon has pointed out, but at the same time, it is an additional extended branch to pursue and does give some medical roles more RP/necessity to the gameplay loop.

However; a negative that I think you haven't mentioned and is the dealbreaker for me - adding even more machines, items, effects and I assume sweps to facilitate this given the server stability right now is not something I can agree to. I would much rather give the NL/Content team as much time as they need to address these problems with full priority first, then start examining if they can add things in of this nature. I even plan to write a suggestion regarding the potential removal of some content in this vein to try and assist with those issues.

Maybe come back to this one in time when the above issues have been addressed. Also possibly expanding on how you would like to see the inclusion of these new items and entities be regulated to avoid them being prone to abuse.

DoomGuy

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Mar 4, 2021
-Support
the current situation is fine, as long as you dont ungag the person they cant take cyanide. + you can very easily walk from EZ to CI base in less than 5 minutes, so it would almost completely force people to be kidnapped and have no way to prevent their kidnapping.

Also sitting in a cell for 25 minutes then paying for your own bail is NOT RP, in any world.

Sep 10, 2023
-Support

I actually really like the idea of this and want to +support it. I do not think it addresses some more fundamental issues with hostage negotiations and interactions that might exist at present, as Eidolon has pointed out, but at the same time, it is an additional extended branch to pursue and does give some medical roles more RP/necessity to the gameplay loop.

However; a negative that I think you haven't mentioned and is the dealbreaker for me - adding even more machines, items, effects and I assume sweps to facilitate this given the server stability right now is not something I can agree to. I would much rather give the NL/Content team as much time as they need to address these problems with full priority first, then start examining if they can add things in of this nature. I even plan to write a suggestion regarding the potential removal of some content in this vein to try and assist with those issues.

Maybe come back to this one in time when the above issues have been addressed. Also possibly expanding on how you would like to see the inclusion of these new items and entities be regulated to avoid them being prone to abuse.
This actually brings up a good point, some bases just currently do not have the space to fit new devices. For example, with the EST Machine, Sickness Scarrer, Fridges, X-ray, Grenade Synthasiser, chem making equipment and mini fridge. USAs GOC bunker would have a hard t ime fitting any new machine in

-Support

Cyanide is a part of the server for a reason. Though if this does get added, I'll just use bleach instead.

2.10 Suiciding - Taking Cyanide or Bleach to avoid an arrest is FailRP. Players may only use Cyanide or Bleach to commit suicide; bleach may be stripped from players in RP.

Sounds extremely painful in RP. Instead of dying instantly from cyanide poisoning (Or at least very quickly), you have to wait 5 to 10 long minutes of pain and agony before you die.
Would any in RP really want to torture themselves to avoid a kidnapping?

This is also more limited in what you can do with it compared to the cyanide pills. Take yesterday, where CI were going to HCZ. A O5 was at where CI were headed, and as such, cyanided to kill himself and avoid kidnapping. If he had taken the other pill, CI could've healed him with the other thing, and could've RTBed him.
-Support