Denied Have Mayor keep his job after dying like before

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rJeff

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Jul 3, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Mayors would no longer lose their job after dying and include petition system.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- More RP from players playing as Mayor and sharing their creativity and planned situations with others, same with players playing as opposition or Mayor's secretary/bodyguard
- Increases length time of the Mayor
- Increases the desire for players to actually play the job
- No more fears of losing the job because of random crossfires, RDM, false hits or just minding your business as a Mayor in middle of PD Raid
- Increases RP in general
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
To be brutally honest, I see none. If certain players are bad at playing this job or breaking rules there's always a demotion command (if used correctly) and admins.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
As of right now, it is almost impossible to play this job and enjoy RP without losing it couple of seconds later and back in pre-2019 there was no similar issue and I don't know exactly when was that changed and why because I wasn't playing during that period, but I'm positive that back then it was a lot fun playing as the Mayor than right now due to the current feature. Also, it would be great if there will be a petition system of 25%-50% players on the server, so that Mayor can get demoted for any RP reason if he is hated that much.

Last edited:

Captain Obvious

Administrator
Administrator
DarkRP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Mar 5, 2022
United Kingdom
Hi @rJeff , this is getting a massive:

+ Support

Honestly, the whole mayor system needs a bit of an overhaul from basic darkrp to give it a bit of substance, else it becomes a bit of a dead end job. The current death system just makes it rather uninspiring to play as you can spend ages setting things up how you want to 'rule' then not long after die, sometimes not even directly at you, and you lose your job & even banned.

I'd suggest one better than you've said and bring in the voting system like other darkrp servers have had. You can't become mayor until several candidates are running, then there is a big thing around you being mayor in a vote (because compared to now, it doesn't allow any 'competition' or RP running against someone, which I've seen with this system on other darkrp servers. The current default darkrp vote is hard to become mayor or any voteable job because a lot of people don't vote or vote no). Then we don't allow the mayor to lose his job upon death and instead use the same voting system to "unseat the mayor", like UK Parliament and calling an election cause they think they're all bad bois. Then you'd need a certain threshold of YES votes of the mayor being 'unfit for office' to remove him. That and naturally have a generous AFK timer.

Those are my two thoughts anyway.

• Love
Reactions: rJeff

rJeff

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Jul 3, 2021
Hi @rJeff , this is getting a massive:

+ Support

Honestly, the whole mayor system needs a bit of an overhaul from basic darkrp to give it a bit of substance, else it becomes a bit of a dead end job. The current death system just makes it rather uninspiring to play as you can spend ages setting things up how you want to 'rule' then not long after die, sometimes not even directly at you, and you lose your job & even banned.

I'd suggest one better than you've said and bring in the voting system like other darkrp servers have had. You can't become mayor until several candidates are running, then there is a big thing around you being mayor in a vote (because compared to now, it doesn't allow any 'competition' or RP running against someone, which I've seen with this system on other darkrp servers. The current default darkrp vote is hard to become mayor or any voteable job because a lot of people don't vote or vote no). Then we don't allow the mayor to lose his job upon death and instead use the same voting system to "unseat the mayor", like UK Parliament and calling an election cause they think they're all bad bois. Then you'd need a certain threshold of YES votes of the mayor being 'unfit for office' to remove him. That and naturally have a generous AFK timer.

Those are my two thoughts anyway.
As much as I would love that, this system would take a while to introduce it into the server while keeping the Mayor his job after dying would only need a couple of minutes. So they should do that first.

genoss

May 15, 2023
+support
As part of the content team, I think this idea would put more value into the mayor. Currently, people spam bounties at the mayor even without reason. Also because the mayor dies so often laws never even stay for like 30 mins which makes them completely pointless. The rp around the mayor has dropped really low atm.

+Support

I think a good balance should be in place where a small lockdown is put in place upon the death of the mayor (who has to stay indoors for the duration of his NLR maybe?) automatically and is enforcable after like a minute or something.

Would love to see more RP around the mayor, including more freedom to alter the main laws (like declaring anarchy)

Suggestion Denied

Hi @rJeff .

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because we have other plans to reduce the rate that the mayor dies, rather than prevent him from losing his job after dying.

We feel that losing the job after dying helps to establish a good cycle in which the job isn't kept by the same person for too long. We have decided to remove the ability to place a bounty on the mayor, instead you will only be able to place a hit, with an RP reason. By doing this we remove the ability to have the mayor assassinated without cause.

If you'd like to make a separate suggestion regarding new features to the Mayor job, you are free to do so.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

• Angry
Reactions: rJeff
Status
Not open for further replies.