Denied Heavily nerf hacking out SCPs, buff breach que

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WRITING THIS NOTE HERE: Since a lot of people have been commenting w/o reading, want to specify this is overall an SCP nerf suggestion.

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

SCP buffs

>Gives SCP-082 the breach tool
>Gives SCP-7722 his breach tool back
>Increase the SCP hacking limit from 3 to 4
>Decrease the natural breach que time by around 30 minutes

SCP nerfs

>Make successfully breaching an SCP via hacking delay the breach timer by 8 minutes
>Make successfully breaching an SCP via breach tool delay the breach timer by 15 minutes
>Make it so that when Code Blacks are called, breach que is delayed by 15 minutes
>Make successfully breaching an SCP via hacking remove that SCPs breach tool
>Make 035 not have a breach tool while his box says
Breach Inactive, and only receive one after his box says Breach Active. This will require hacking out 035 or 035 breaching through the que.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Nothing similar to this has been suggested.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

> Buffs the breach que, buffs weaker SCPs like 9000s, 939s and 912, nerfs mass breaches all in one fell swoop. Hallelujah.
> Reworks 035 to require more time investment to hack out SCPs, but giving him more survivability. Make of this what you will.
>One minor thing to note is that the 079 rework would allow him to still operate as a viable SCP during triple breaches.
>Basically shuts down the need for SCP nerfs to accomodate for CI, as mass breaches are much, much harder with this suggestions.
>Opens up all SCPs to be viable to hack, as the question of if they have a breach tool does not matter. I can imagine CI breaching SCPs such as 096, 7722, or 939s in the future much more often.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

> Reworks 035 to require more skill, but giving him more survivability. Make of this what you will.
> Reworks 079 to be able to breach a similar amount of SCPs as before, but still ultimately slightly nerfs 079 by making him have to hack out more SCPs in exchange for the triple breach viability buff.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

One of the things I've heard rumored the grapevine recently is the idea of nerfing 076-2 by removing his breach tool to accomodate for the fact that Chaos always targets him for breaches due to how easy his CC is to hold. This specifically caught my attention, and lead to me making the suggestion, for a few reasons. Which I will list here:
  1. Removing 076-2's breach tool would be SL acknowledging the fact that specifically CI's mass breach is a problem for server health.
  2. It would also be acknowledging that SL is too scared to nerf CI directly due to backlash, and would instead nerf the SCPs rather than target the root of the problem.
  3. It would be acknowledging that, for the foreseeable future, CI's mass breach would be what SCPs will be balanced around, and not the breach que.
So, instead of proposing a CI nerf (mostly to avoid backlash myself), I had to loop back around to coming up with an idea to nerf SCPs that breach via hacking, and buff SCPs that breach through the que. This is what I came up with, and I think this is the perfect solution that causes as little controversy as possible. Up until the moment the SCP is breached via hacking, nothing is nerfed or changed.

It's only after CI successfully cause a breach that the breach is capped, and CI have to put more elbow grease into manually getting every SCP out instead of letting the SCPs loose after hacking out 2-3, which I think is a fair deal. This does all of the following:
  • Gives room in the server for smaller breaches, and makes them more common by buffing the que timer
  • Harshly swats away mass breaches by making it much more difficult, and causes delays to the que when breaches get out of hand.
  • Nerfs the "CI kidnaps joe schmo and bring him to 035 for an octuple breach" strategy by making it impossible.
  • Makes all SCPs viable to breach as through the breach que
If you don't like the logic, we got the math too. We'll go over 3 examples of potential SCP double breach combos that can happen through the breach que, how long they'll last on average, and how mathematically this system handles it to provide server health.

For the first example, we'll do 9000s & 939s.

> We start off with a 2 hour and 15 minute que.
> On average, a 9000s and 939s double breach at peak pop will last around 15-30 minutes before full containment. Relatively good time for server health, and good fun for all parties involved.
>
Rewards this kind of more contained & smaller breach by having zero delays in the que whatsoever.

For the second example, we'll up the ante a bit: 682 & 049.

> On average, a 682 and 049 double breach at peak pop will last around an hour before full containment due to 049 & 682 having breach tools, allowing the breach to reach a total of 4 SCPs, likely having 8854 / TG. A lot worse for server health than the last example, and less fun for non-SCP players.
> Punishes this kind of semi-mass breach by incurring a 30 minute delay to the queue if both breach tools are used.

For the third example, we'll set up the theoretical best breach possible by a double que: 035 & 076-2.

> On average, a good 035 and 076-2 double breach at peak pop will last around one and a half hours, likely ending in a nuke, before full containment due to a max of 6 SCPs being breached (one from hacking, 2 being 035 & 076-2, and 3 from breach tools), likely having 8854 / TG. The worst possible example of breach for server health, and makes the server practically unplayable for non-SCP players.
> Brings the hammer down on this specific kind of mass breach by incurring a
68 minute delay to the queue if one SCP is hacked out, three breach tools are used, and a Code Black is called.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
-/+ support
i support 7722 and especially 082 having there breach tools because they dont get breached anymore because of them not having breach tools. but with the increase 3 to 4 hacks on SCPs, decreasing the breach que timer and all the nerfs i dont think it would be good for server health. the only thing i can see the would be added because of this suggestion is 082 because he is one of the harder SCPs to breach (being right next to E11 spawn.) and the fact that the last time he was ever breached on US was like a month ago.

I'd rather we have less breaches so interesting RP can happen

That's the entire point of this suggestion. Breaching SCPs & hacking out SCPs would cause massive delays in the que, and hacking out SCPs would remove their breach tools. The only type of breach that wouldn't get the delay is breaches with zero breach tools, say 173 and 912.

The breach que does get a minor buff because this suggestion massively nerfs CI's mass breaches. I can't just make a suggestion saying "remove mass breaches, increase the breach que time, remove breach tools on hack, and nerf CI"

You can increase the breach que timer by 4 hours. CI still gets to raid every 45 minutes and breach SCPs / 035. Not every suggestion has to be extremely one dimensional and simple, and generally suggestions like that are band aid fixes and don't fix the root of the problem. This does.

-Support

Last time I checked this is a RP server not a breach server

depositphotos_166641370-stock-photo-moody-young-man-holding-a.jpg
please read suggestion first.png

I'm starting to lose faith in the community

Eh
If two SCP's with breach tools naturally breach, then breach tool 2 others making that 30 minute become useless.
Hacking out 4 SCP's that makes it 32 minutes so you're only adding 2 minutes onto the breach timer.

That is the point yes

hell no the breach tool makes 035 somewhat useful i rather have him get nerf hp then losing his breach tool

aight I give up if we're at the point where we're getting 035 HP nerf proposals over mass breach nerf proposals

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2022
Gives SCP-082 the breach tool
>Gives SCP-7722 his breach tool back
yes +support
>Increase the SCP hacking limit from 3 to 4
>Decrease the natural breach que time by around 30 minutes
fuck no
-support
Make 035 not have a breach tool while his box says Breach Inactive, and only receive one after his box says Breach Active. This will require hacking out 035 or 035 breaching through the que.
hell no the breach tool makes 035 somewhat useful i rather have him get nerf hp then losing his breach tool
-support
Make successfully breaching an SCP via hacking delay the breach timer by 8 minutes
>Make successfully breaching an SCP via breach tool delay the breach timer by 15 minutes
>Make it so that when Code Blacks are called, breach que is delayed by 15 minutes
+support i can accept this
Make successfully breaching an SCP via hacking remove that SCPs breach tool
fuck no,successfully hacking an scp out is a way to punish foundation for not protecting hcz
-support

Eh
If two SCP's with breach tools naturally breach, then breach tool 2 others making that 30 minute become useless.
Hacking out 4 SCP's that makes it 32 minutes so you're only adding 2 minutes onto the breach timer.
Let's get this right. 912 is not weak one bit; I'm really not sure where you're getting that information from. Dude can get 100+ kills if somebody good is on him.
Code blacks will be instantly called when SCP's breach occurs, this is a positive, but how will they even implement this? I'm presuming this would take ages, and with the backlog, I don't see this being done anytime soon. Plus this can be easily abused.

Hacking SCP's out should indeed remove their breach tool. I agree on that.

Yes remove 076 breach tool.

Last edited:

Prplex

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Caesar Kuznetsov ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

A big change has recently been made to breaches making both re-breaching less common and diversifying breaches. As such we didn't think any of these changes held enough merit to be implemented considering recent changes.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.