Denied Helicopter Hellfires

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Currently UAF has the Blackfoot which is our only helicopter that can directly lock onto vehicles or certain entities whereas SWB has the KA-52, MI-24 and Blackfoot which can directly lock onto vehicles, removing the lock on for these vehicles would be very beneficial due to it being luck based and it does not require skill to left click on a helicopter.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Dogfights are more equal in the sky, hellfires don't lock on with ease this means that the fights are skill based and not luck based.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
SWB will mostly not like this suggestion because it means their helicopters will be worse and will result in less dogfight victories.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I was just in a war where we lost 5/6 of our helicopters due to the KA-52 and MI-24 using their lock on hellfires.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
-Support

If your argument revolves around needing the nerf the other team then your argument is dumb

Instead of asking to ruin the fun for the other team, maybe ask that you get the same advantages?

So sick of this us vs them mentality on MRP, can people stop coping about the other team for just 5 minutes?

Generic

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
They currently utilize very overpowered missiles that makes pilot combat relatively useless, now dogfights often stop due to the co pilot shooting down the enemy heli instead of the pilot shooting down the enemy heli. I just think that it should be neutral for both sides maybe give UAF another heli that can lock on to vehicles and remove the missiles from one of SWBs.

Jim Jones

Apr 5, 2022
United Kingdom
From my personal experience as a co-pilot, it would honestly be more beneficial in my opinion to make it so we have another heli that can use proper lock on hellfires just like the blackfoot and potentially remove the lock-on effect of one of the SWB helicopters to even out the numbers just like Jamal said. It would be stupid to remove them outright. As to what Jack G said, stingers do actually lock on and I have scored kills using them before but sometimes the lock on can be a bit janky. Same goes for normal Hellfires but for some reason they take way too long to lock-on.

All in all, would just be nice to see some balancing rather than just nerfing SWB into the ground and making it less fun for all.

Tom

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 10, 2021
-Support

Mi24 missiles being lock on only is a bug atm not a feature
ka52 lock on missiles arent very accurate and take lots of skill to use
blackfoots entire point is to be lock on.
Just learn to dodge stingers dodging a ka52 using lock ons isnt hard at all

Harry

Developer
Developer
Mapping Team
Aug 28, 2021
You guys also have benefits like tiny helicopters that are like ants but we don’t constantly complain. We just need to give it a break and learn to use what we have lol.
-support

Chad Power

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 8, 2021
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Jamal , Your suggestion has been denied.
I had a talk with both airforce reg commands/reg gens and came to the balancing we currently have.
We wont change much about it until everyone has feedback after playing like this for a time.​

Status
Not open for further replies.