Denied Helicopter take little damage from bullets

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I luv kebabs

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 18, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Well during wars when theres constant enemy CAS incoming and your allies don't have any helicopters left all you can do is hope for an aarti to kill the helicopter or with a stinger, most of the time i cant even shoot a stinger in time because i get immediately killed during all the chaos, and when theres only like 2 anti armor on it makes it really hard to fight in wars when you get constantly bombed and cant do anything about it. Making bullets deal slight damage to helicopters can put some advantage for ground troops to fight helicopters, not asking to make bullets one shot the helicopters, but maybe if like you dumped 4-5 mags into the helicopter it would need to rtb.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Simple infantry can fight back against helicopters during wars which seem to be one sided when theres only cas on one side.
Less pressure for helicopters and aartis to always rush to fight off enemy helicopters.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Well if 20 people start blasting one helicopter i dont think it would survive long but one cas can end all of it so i dont really see a huge negative.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:[/B]
Because when theres no stocks on one side, the war is already won by the side that has heli stocks and that seems to be overpowered.

Reactions: Valkon
Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Your missing the point, its not that 15th and JAC get penalized, its the team that does, because all the regiments together make up a side, so if the pillars supporting the side fall off its not going to be able to keep up
So what you're saying is that regiments working together should decide the outcome for a war? It should be up to how the team plays that decides it, and that a single regiment should not be the deciding factor?

I'm glad that we agree on something so fundamental to the argument Zapso, that being that one regiment shouldn't be the deciding factor in every single war.

Vladislav

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Aug 5, 2021
Youre mothers bedroom
Tactic would be a large group of infantry doing enough damage to send you back to base, thus avoiding the endless bombing run.

Honestly, and I have to ask, what is your idea here? Why should we be buffing helicopters and nerfing counters? How on earth could you ever suggest that would be balanced? Helicopters are wildly unbalanced, the fact one regiment above all can decide the outcome of a war is so, so stupid. Not to even mention tank regiments, who have been bullied since day one of the server.

And like I've said 50 times already, it'd take a group of 5 or more people with concentrated fire to do enough DAMAGE (not DESTROY) a helicopter. It would not be difficult to wave off your bombing run doing donuts around an FOB to go and repair.
Since when im asking to buff the damn helis??? im saying that making guns be able to damage helis is an unreasonable idea.

Like actually where did i mention that helis should be buffed?

And as i said, if 5 can damage 15 should be able to pretty much destroy it.

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Since when im asking to buff the damn helis??? im saying that making guns be able to damage helis is an unreasonable idea.

Like actually where did i mention that helis should be buffed?

And as i said, if 5 can damage 15 should be able to pretty much destroy it.
You didn't, but there is a widening gap between the infantry playerbase and pilot playerbase on the issue of whether helicopters should be nerfed/buffed. The general consensus for pilots is that counters are too strong and that 'helicopters have already been nerfed before'.

As for small arms fire, yeah 15 people firing at a helicopter at once should probably take it out in around 10s. More than enough time to flee the area. It's not really any different to flying over a lot of stingers, or an active FOB

Reactions: I luv kebabs

Vladislav

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Aug 5, 2021
Youre mothers bedroom
You didn't, but there is a widening gap between the infantry playerbase and pilot playerbase on the issue of whether helicopters should be nerfed/buffed. The general consensus for pilots is that counters are too strong and that 'helicopters have already been nerfed before'.

As for small arms fire, yeah 15 people firing at a helicopter at once should probably take it out in around 10s. More than enough time to flee the area. It's not really any different to flying over a lot of stingers, or an active FOB
yeah i know, and just because i have experienced both sides widely enough i am here rn, in the middle of the night typing about virtual heli balance in a garrys mod game.

Lets imagine UAN is capping settlement and SWB come lower to do more efficient cas. Normally there would be 3 maybe 4 people shooting stingers at the heli, but now there like 20 people shooting their guns in addition to that. Balance would be in sheds valk.

Valkon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
yeah i know, and just because i have experienced both sides widely enough i am here rn, in the middle of the night typing about virtual heli balance in a garrys mod game.

Lets imagine UAN is capping settlement and SWB come lower to do more efficient cas. Normally there would be 3 maybe 4 people shooting stingers at the heli, but now there like 20 people shooting their guns in addition to that. Balance would be in sheds valk.
That is only in the instance of a large war, and it's a risk that SWB/UAF would have to take into account in order to get a large amount of kills.

Got to remember, each kill you get is an actual player just trying to have fun on the game. In large wars, sure, stingers can be a nightmare, but that's what you would expect. Small arms fire wouldn't destroy a helicopter any more than a single stinger would.

Balance is already massively out-of-favour with infantry players. We've had additional recoil to all of our weapons, slower FOB respawn times, and are constantly having to contend with everything on the field. MRP has not been fun nor balanced for infatry for qutie a long time.

nathancheetah

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 12, 2021
i dont think you guys understand how good stingers are, essentially if your in a dogfight you have to dodge the stingers while the heli fights you, if your team doesnt have cas support then no wonder your gonna lose the war.

-If a heli does donut spins, it makes it an easier target to shoot down with a KWK, and a heli or AA

-Artis dont get 1 tapped, they die easily if you know where they are and are quick enough to spam hydras AND there isnt an enemy heli, isnt it the same way around also? Artis can 2-3 tap your helicopter?? doesnt make sense to lose 1 out of 3 cas to that.

great suggestion, remove skill from piloting, if a pilot can singlehandedly shit on enemy Cas, bomb your fobs while also evading stingers then just accept the fact that theyre a good pilot

funny how most of the people complaining havent picked up helis and are making suggestions for them
This is a joke of a comment, when helis aren't taken out anymore AA can be destroyed and stingers become useless

el zapso

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Sep 4, 2021
This is a joke of a comment, when helis aren't taken out anymore AA can be destroyed and stingers become useless
AA is destroyed if you leave it in a shit spot lol, take one outside your base or FOB and if the heli goes to bomb it its already easy to kill with a KWK and stinger

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
It's worth pointing out that in reality infantry aren't going to immediately shoot at every heli. You're far more likely to see a similar situation to other games (e.g. Battlefield) wherein infantry don't bother with individual helis until they become an annoyance. Since it'd take time, effort and coordination there is little reason for most units to deviate from their current orders. Fly around attacking armour and most infantry won't care, camp an FOB and you can expect to be shot back at.

Right now in smaller wars a common situation for infantry is only having a bunch of privates online. Those newer players can do absolutely nothing about being spawn-killed by a strafing heli over and over, and as a result the vast majority of new infantry quit almost immediately. That needs to change.

Renolk

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Aug 20, 2021
+Support
Helicopters at the moment only have 3 counters - Emplacements (KWK, Flak), RPGs/Stingers, Other Vehicles (BTRs, I think Boxers as well? and Artis and Helis]

On terms of going from UAN side, JAC does not like to take anything out due to the funny camping of helicopters, nor does UAF want to take anything out because 1stAL Artis and JAC doesnt do anything.
On the NWO side is the complete opposite, adding bullets affecting helicopters would be in theory good balance, as no one could complain that "Oh imbalance, 1 side is more active than the other so helis go down" The side which is more active most likely doesnt have any competent pilots or Arti crew [Cough Cough Kenan always on NWO and Harry] while UAN is just.........yeah.

Brian Bell

MRP War Veteran
Donator
May 14, 2021
Suggestion Denied

Hi Kebabs, Your suggestion has been denied. This feature would be too heavy of a nerf to the current helicopters and would lead to major imbalance between regiments. For this reason this feature will not be implemented​

Status
Not open for further replies.