Denied Help to a regiment that doesn't have a lot to offer on the battlefield

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomGuy

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 4, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Add a new Police Reg. job. This would add a job that has a lot of different items that isn't regularly available to RMP/MPC/AOR. and this will help them on the battlefield and inside of the base.

My suggestion for this job is a sort of "SWAT" or "Base Defender/Anti-AA/T" for RMP/MPC/AOR. At the current moment, MPC (i will refer to RMP/MPC/AOR as MPC) Is currently at a disadvantage when it comes to a lot of wars, almost 90% of the time they're is nothing that MPC has that helps while in the battle field or can help them stop a attack.
============================================================
The Names for MPC/AOR i had in mind was

MPC/RMP "Special Reaction Team" or SRT for short.

AOR "Elite Redacted Team" or ERT for short
My suggestion for this job is to have the following items.

Deployable Shield
Armor Kit -Ceramic Plate
Elastic Restraint
Handcuffs
ID Card
Strip W/C
Flashbang
Frag Grenade
Field kit
Smoke Grenade
M240b/RPK
44. Magnum
AT4
Stinger
125 health (OPITONAL)
55 Armor (+15 from SRO)
75% movement speed (if possible)

It may seem "Unfair" to have this set of items but with the requirements im going to suggest, it might still be more useful to look at other regs to deal with some things, but Police regs are kinda useless in most everyday things including DEFENDING the BASE which is their job, we dont have things to take down paradroppers OR during infiltration having a friendly that is tanky enough to kill a few enemys making MPC a asset instead of a what's seen as a "Infantry Reg" which is what it feels like when playing.
Requirements:
Mastery level 20
MSGT+
2 slots

I do wanna make this the FIRST Job that requires a MASTERY and a SENIOR position, and it will still give a incentive to join NRF/IVG, 1st/3rd, and SWB/USAF for the AT4/Stinger. but this will let Police regs be HELPFUL in wars while still keeping it restricted to the normal Side player joining Police regs.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Gives Police Regs the ability to be helpful in wars when it comes to Vehicles
Gives Police Regs better control of the base and is more helpful in base defence
Gives Police Regs a Health advantage in wars while still being balanced by their movement speed
Gives police Regs a real use other than being "Infantry" in wars

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
It may be looked at as "Too OP" | Which i do understand but i have put a lot of restrictions on it and put some debuffs on it that will balance it out.
Other than above i cant think of much

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Police Regs really do feel simple and underpowered in war, almost USELESS in war because they cannot shoot down helis (Stinger), they dont have a good sniper class, they dont have Vehicle destroyers (AT4), they dont have a "Special" part of them that makes them unique and stand out from other regs, and a "SWAT"/"Base Defender" type role will help them A LOT and make them stand out to new players but also make them a key asset to the team while in war and while doing their normal duties on the base.

Also side note: Thank You for reading this I did have to think quite a bit and since Police Regs have been in need of a mastery level 20 job i think this one fits perfectly.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Vladislav

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Aug 5, 2021
Youre mothers bedroom
This has been requested a lot of times and frankly none were accepted. Police regiment does not need to stand out during war. RMP/AOR/MPC are peacetime RP based regiments, that are tasked with things like defending base, making sure that peace is not disturbed and so on. they get necessary tools for those task such as ability to arrest people, change the fpcon , tactical drone and vehicle licences and so on. They don't need a job thats almost literally a juggernaut job, as to be quite honest. MRP is not focused on wars as much as pescetime rp, in which these regiments get not only more rp but they can create rp scenarios by themselves.

Also realistically police regiments dont get any kind of anti tank weapons and heavy equipment as you requested + it's your own subjective opinion that mpc are useless during wars, you may request a good main weapon but to request a job that is basically a combined version of each regiments special job? Naah no way

Heavy -support

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
-support

This could be summed up as "give me an uber job", and your proposed restrictions are laughable.

If you proposed some kind of RP-friendly "field ops" job with a bit more utility I'd probably get behind that, but your creation is essentially an infantry Autorifleman merged with Anti-Armour and your own roles... with extra buffs on top. Come on now.

Reactions: Hop

James Overscott

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 10, 2021
-Support
Vladislav mentioned most of it. This seems very unnecessary for a police regiment, one that should mainly be RP-based during peacetime. While I get what you mean when you say that police regiments don't really have anything "special" about them during war, in my opinion that is because the special aspect of police regiments appear during peacetime.

The job you're suggested has wayyyy to much stuff considering it's "debuffs". You seem to have suggested a job that combines aspects from AA jobs, Autorifleman jobs, as well as normal police regiment jobs + armour and health buff into one job, with the main debuff from what I'm seeing being a 25% decrease in movement speed + mastery 20? That's not alright in my eyes.

Also, if we look away from most of the weapons and focus on the AT4 and stinger, AT jobs for police regiments has been suggested before and denied, with the reasoning being that "there isn't a case for giving police regiments AT/AA as we already have regiments designed for this type of combat".

I luv kebabs

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 18, 2022
- Support
You have deployable shields which are very effective during war if placed and positioned right plus you have ceramic plates, the only real counter how to not die to a sniper in one shot. Ground infantry doesnt even have ceramic plates but you have.

You guys are a defence regiment, you are good at defending thats what your kit gives you. If you lack stingers then camp on a flak. if you lack anti tank then sit on a kwk. Calling out stuff also does the trick, other regiments can deal with all that stuff. IVG itself has the kit to attack and defend because they are Ground infantry thats what they are supposed to do. STS has a kit which gives them good flanking opportunities and being in cover while getting kills.

Your kit seems pretty balanced in my opinion.

Pacino

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Aug 20, 2021
Sweden
-support
Yeah I'm sorry man but the 4 comments above me says it all. There is no chance of that being added and even then it doesn't serve a purpose when we already have 4 different Law enforcing regiments.

Redrrx

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 4, 2021
Algeria
you're right for the job but 125hp the magnum.44 the Armor and weapons you just want to say "we need the most op job in these regiments"

DoomGuy

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 4, 2021
To respond to all the messages without replying to all of them individually. I feel as in the current state (for the US Server) MPC doesn’t have something that makes them a use even during peacetime, most people can’t stand getting arrested and tend to just relog, call their Reg command over TS, or Make a sit, So arrests almost feel useless and very OOC. For bunk raids, it’s really hard to organize one when no one is ever in their bunks and if you did call them over to their bunks they just say no. So the 2 peacetime things MPC can do are out of the picture (at least on the US server)

Now to war gameplay, Now I’ve played in most Regiments (other than aerial since I’ve never found it appealing) and MPC feels the most unbalanced between them all, and as MPC is one of the most active NATO reg for having their amount of players (US) it does cause some issues when 1 CAS or 1 Tank can pretty much rule the battlefield. And that is one big reason I made this suggestion, but I tried to restrict it as much as I could to make it balanced. Most of the time NATO has no AA or AT other than NHC which shouldn’t be the only ones we should have to depend on.

^^^
It may feel like I’m rambling and I’m sorry for that but the things that MPC can do during peacetime, can’t or don’t happen because of the lack of players or respect for their decisions.

@Redrrx @Pacino @i luv kababs @Welding Olsen @Merlin @Vladislav

how would you guys feel about this job being only used in Base defending and raiding (aka base raids/Infils) this would put rules on it, while still keeping its requirements but removing the mastery lvl 20. And making the job act like IA (in a way)

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
Neutral

-support : feels to OP also looks just a flamer but with a gun instead of a flammenwerfer
+support: i know people will say Military police is a peacetime reg but most of the time war is what you are realy on for. while military police has to defend most of our kits dont got deployable shields or something special. our "tactical" trooper class feels just like a sts breacher but without C4 or any special weaponry against a vechile. IA was a fun thing to get and we use it but that is most during peacetime. also ceramic plates are good if people actualy use them (not only the one who place it down).

i suggest for a middle ground a agent with more a kit for actualy holding a building like just a normal agent build but with a trip mine so we can hold multipel doors

Ex-AG LTCOL , SWB MSGT, Current AOR MAJ Drako dormus.

Redrrx

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 4, 2021
Algeria
To respond to all the messages without replying to all of them individually. I feel as in the current state (for the US Server) MPC doesn’t have something that makes them a use even during peacetime, most people can’t stand getting arrested and tend to just relog, call their Reg command over TS, or Make a sit, So arrests almost feel useless and very OOC. For bunk raids, it’s really hard to organize one when no one is ever in their bunks and if you did call them over to their bunks they just say no. So the 2 peacetime things MPC can do are out of the picture (at least on the US server)

Now to war gameplay, Now I’ve played in most Regiments (other than aerial since I’ve never found it appealing) and MPC feels the most unbalanced between them all, and as MPC is one of the most active NATO reg for having their amount of players (US) it does cause some issues when 1 CAS or 1 Tank can pretty much rule the battlefield. And that is one big reason I made this suggestion, but I tried to restrict it as much as I could to make it balanced. Most of the time NATO has no AA or AT other than NHC which shouldn’t be the only ones we should have to depend on.

^^^
It may feel like I’m rambling and I’m sorry for that but the things that MPC can do during peacetime, can’t or don’t happen because of the lack of players or respect for their decisions.

@Redrrx @Pacino @i luv kababs @Welding Olsen @Merlin @Vladislav

how would you guys feel about this job being only used in Base defending and raiding (aka base raids/Infils) this would put rules on it, while still keeping its requirements but removing the mastery lvl 20. And making the job act like IA (in a way)
ok honestly i would agree if there was only 2 slots for the job, bigger hitbox (skinnier than the juggernaut by a little and make it mastery 15 (replace AT with this job) and the rank should be a LT+ Job because that would make it unfair for regiments like ISAF as how i feel. however it can be used in wars and base raids ofc and defending base and cannot be used in peacetime for missions like FOB destroying /assault kidnappings and else...
and if you guys wanted it to be a combat score JOB WHICH WILL MAKE the regiment more interesting ill suggest it to be a 300 combat score and playable at SSGT+ and when its the only tank job with combat score it will have mines NOT proxy ones im saying like throwable C4s just like the BF3 ones

Reply to me with your opinion and GL.

James Overscott

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 10, 2021
@DoomGuy
I'm sorry, but I still stand by my original decision to -support it. The job you've suggested just has way too much stuff for the role you're suggesting it should serve, and I don't think the things it has are necessary for the role that the police regiments serve.

As for what you mentioned with bunk raids and arrests, that is very much an issue. People shouldn't be relogging when getting arrested to get out of the situation, that breaks both server rules and is a proper asshole move. Calling a sit seems pointless, since it's happening in character and during RP. On the UK server, if RMP want to do a bunk raid and the regiment has left the bunks, calling them back is, from what I've seen, a normal occurrence. If people simply say "no", they should be spoken to by their commanding officers.

Most of the time NATO has no AA or AT other than NHC which shouldn’t be the only ones we should have to depend on
This seems like the main issue then. The problem isn't that police regiments are underpowered, the problem is that other regiments that do have AT and AA weaponry are struggling with numbers or don't have enough people with access to said weaponry. And that's understandable, since the server is still fairly new and still starting out.

While I understand where you're coming from with this suggestion, SL have said before (on an old suggestion about AT jobs for MPK (old name for RMP)/AOR) that there are other regiments designed for this type of combat, not the police regiments.

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021

-Support

I support some sort of 1 slot AT job for MPC/AOR whatever you wish to call it but this is way too much. This would make them more powerful than potentially frontline infantry on their AT jobs. It is far too excessive and won't do much for peacetime, bases have AA guns that will deal with enemy helis and you can arrest anyone that actually parachuted out on the ground.

You complain about issues in peacetime activities for a regiment. The Police Regiments have more than enough resources to conduct and promote peacetime RP. If people are leaving during arrests, most experienced people will know that is a bannable offence on the spot so wouldn't do it those who don't would find out or get banned. Pretty simple sit they can check if the person was cuffed or if they had been arrested yet etc no clips even needed.

To be quite brutal, the other issues are a mix of what sounds like poor regimental command or lack of support from High Command. Bunk Searches are easy to organise if you are an effective leader and easy to oversee so I am really uncertain as to how you are failing on that.

If they call a sit, all you have to do is state your arrest reason and be done with the issue. Other Regiments COs or RC don't need to be involved if the arrest is perfectly valid, they don't have that authority and can be arrested all the same.

To conclude and shorten it, some of the issues you detail sound to me like authority & leadership problems and I suggest trying to get a better grip on it rather than blaming a lack of server content. I understand USA is holding a joint RC/CC/HC meeting today so I recommend getting in contact with your AOR counterparts and raising too much interference as an issue from other regiments.

DoomGuy

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 4, 2021

-Support

I support some sort of 1 slot AT job for MPC/AOR whatever you wish to call it but this is way too much. This would make them more powerful than potentially frontline infantry on their AT jobs. It is far too excessive and won't do much for peacetime, bases have AA guns that will deal with enemy helis and you can arrest anyone that actually parachuted out on the ground.

You complain about issues in peacetime activities for a regiment. The Police Regiments have more than enough resources to conduct and promote peacetime RP. If people are leaving during arrests, most experienced people will know that is a bannable offence on the spot so wouldn't do it those who don't would find out or get banned. Pretty simple sit they can check if the person was cuffed or if they had been arrested yet etc no clips even needed.

To be quite brutal, the other issues are a mix of what sounds like poor regimental command or lack of support from High Command. Bunk Searches are easy to organise if you are an effective leader and easy to oversee so I am really uncertain as to how you are failing on that.

If they call a sit, all you have to do is state your arrest reason and be done with the issue. Other Regiments COs or RC don't need to be involved if the arrest is perfectly valid, they don't have that authority and can be arrested all the same.

To conclude and shorten it, some of the issues you detail sound to me like authority & leadership problems and I suggest trying to get a better grip on it rather than blaming a lack of server content. I understand USA is holding a joint RC/CC/HC meeting today so I recommend getting in contact with your AOR counterparts and raising too much interference as an issue from other regiments.
Thank you for your comment, It could be just a loose grip on the Reg but it’s not just MPC “Complaining” when I was in AOR and RMP it was a big issue as well that RP during peacetime is not there and RMP/AOR have nothing to offer in the middle of war

If this gets denied I’ll probably make a suggestion to add a job that has a AT4 and stinger (like most jobs) as that was 1 of the reasons I made this suggestion but I have decided that since we didn’t have a mastery 20 job this could be a good fit. As proven it’s not but I always appreciate criticism

James Overscott

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 10, 2021
If this gets denied I’ll probably make a suggestion to add a job that has a AT4 and stinger
Already been suggested and denied

el zapso

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Sep 4, 2021
Already been suggested and denied
suggest it again the guy who accepts and denies them changes every week

Oceanus

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 21, 2021
I just read all the above, and the -support ones are right.
-Support

Jack G

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Feb 19, 2021
Suggestion Denied

Hi Doom Guy,
Your suggestion has been denied. We do not feel it's fit for the police regiments to have access to this wide-amount of equipment for now. We will continue to monitor these regiments and see what happens.

Thanks, Content Team​

Status
Not open for further replies.