IA ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erl Carlson

Jun 9, 2022
(I have tried to resolve this ban in character but since the ban has been issued by o5 nobody can resolve it without conflict of interest)

Your in-game name: Erl Carlson
Your SteamID: 76561199108989467
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ianisdo/
Date of ban: 6/11/2022
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Breaking the CoC by establishing connection with an unknown party through an unsecured line
Who banned you: Ban issued by Yeke but banned by Ben D
Ban length?: 3h
What server were you banned on?: SCP-UK
Link a copy of the in-game rules here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17Xit_nZEhEHopsgwefMp7GbN9DA4tZAz/edit
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I will not talk to any civilians anymore
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?: I have a warn for confiscating the radio of a cheff while disguised
Why should you be unbanned: I got banned because I was on the frequency talking to a VIP gun dealer asking him what SCP/Guns he had, I had never tried to get him to sell me anything I was just curious. Now in a normal situation I would understand the ban but this is special I have seen MTF/Ambassadors and other high ranking officials talking to him and even buying stuff from him, and not only once almost every time one of them came in the facility there was someone high ranking buying stuff from him ( I don't have any footage but if you need it just spectate one of the guys for a bit and you will see what I mean), and this is why I think my ban is unfairs. In addition to that there is no rule in the CoC saying that I cant talk/buy stuff from him the closest there is ( and this is nowhere remotely close ) unprofessional which to my understanding refers to rude language twords other employees. So not only is it not fair to single me out for TALKING to the vip salesman not buying anything, but also there is no rule to ban me.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I wont talk anymore to civilians unless im intelligence
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: I already have the ban over but I think it's an unfair ban and I don't want it on my record

Edit: I have been unbaned for this ban but it's still on my record

Last edited:

Vollgas

Mar 19, 2022
Hello
I have been unbaned for this ban but it's still on my record
Hello! I personally reduced your ban because in the past you had received a wrongful 24 hours ban (which has already been removed). However, unless it's established that you didn't break any rules, this ban should stay on the record, thank you for understanding.

Have a lovely day! I will ping @Yeke and @Ben D as they are the other two involved people.

Ethan Mendaz

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 4, 2022

Appeal Denied

Hi @Erl Carlson ,

Thank you for taking your time to make a ban appeal.

I understand that the ban has already passed but the factors in hand (the breach of the Code of Conduct), as well as the reply from the Department Director, has led me to denying this appeal.

In addition the 3 hour ban from Internal Affairs will not be removed from the record, however the previous 24 hour ban has been removed because the ban was invalid.

Have a great day!​

Status
Not open for further replies.