Denied IA Request for Access to E11, Nu-7 and DEA Communications

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dear

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 14, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion gives The Department Of internal Affairs access to E-11, Nu-7,and DEA Comms (/e11 /nu7 /dea)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Improved Oversight: It allows us to closely monitor activities, ensuring that they operate within the parameters of our established protocols and guidelines.

Effective Investigations: Access to these communications greatly enhances our investigative capacity, allowing us to gather critical information and evidence.

Additionally,we already have access to communications within the GSD, Medical, and Research departments. Extending this access to E11, Nu-7 and DEA communications would maintain consistency and promote fairness and transparency in our internal investigations across the Foundation.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
They have less privacy

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This request should be approved since it would significantly benefit IA. I already went IC with this request to the O5 council of Site65 and they approved the request.

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
-Support
its not like we can arrest DEA and SOP-C issues are handled by their superiors, what would we use this for?

Charles "Ze" Whittme

Apr 4, 2023
+Support

Only one I don't like is the E-11 comms, due to 008 and such. However keeping an eye on other departments is IA's job. Allow them to see the comms.

Reactions: John Dear

stee ven

Aug 12, 2022
SCP-2217
In what world would IA have access to DEA Communications, the only people who require access to their Communications is ECM, O5 & SA.

ECM for Ethical Matters
O5 because DEA directly reports to O5
SA because DEA works with SA & has departmental reviews done by SA
They do not need to see MTF comms either, Only SA and SC need it

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
-support
DEA report to O5 and could be doing things against ethics/IA, they need to have secured comms where they can organize such actions
E-11 talk about 008 which IA don't have clearance too
NU-7s job is dealing with external threats, I don't know why internal affairs would need to look at their comms.

"Sigma"

Donator
Jul 26, 2022
NY?
Make it like dpt leader or sum sh i am NOT tryna have agents / ambassadors seeing my comms

Tazmania | Plasma

Jan 30, 2023
-support

What is the point of having group comms if we just let everyone see it. That is the point of /c. The people who need to see other groups comms already have access.

Jack "Fubar" Daniel

Feb 10, 2023
-support hell the fuck no man they have their own comms so they can communcate, not for ia mains to soy for when says he used a sniper or m2 on d-class brutes

A-1 LT (Holding)
Nu-7 LTCOM (Held)
CI-G (Holding

Holland

Donator
Aug 27, 2022
E11 talk about cl4 scps quite a bit and have access to info IA wouldn't so I'd see a lot of info breaches occurring
I also see very little benefit coming from this as it is

Like mentioned by naffen I can tell as an E-11 major that we talk about cl4 scps all the time.
Also keep in mind SA and all of site command including oca and ECA can see our comms.

Having IA in there will cause info leaks freq leaks. Saying E11 and any other departments can't use their comms for cl4 things that are known in their regiment.

Following things that can be leaked/ the department can't talk about.
E11 : scps, documents, cl4/e11 policies, overall information.

DEA: scps, operations, surface/disguises, hostages/ Negotiations

Nu7 : mix of dea and e11.

-support

"Onion"

Nov 20, 2022
in your walls
-Support

Thoughtpolice stay out of out MTF comms what happens in the group chat stays in the group chat I'm get getting arrested for a thoughcrime by the fun police.

Kwan

Aug 3, 2023
-support
cause I play mostly IA I would love this but it just doesn't work with RP cause they are higher clearance than us Agents.

BenC

Aug 7, 2022
+ Support
-IA needs to be on all comms to make sure everyone is doing the job correct.

Reactions: John Dear

Charles "Ze" Whittme

Apr 4, 2023
In what world would IA have access to DEA Communications, the only people who require access to their Communications is ECM, O5 & SA.

ECM for Ethical Matters
O5 because DEA directly reports to O5
SA because DEA works with SA & has departmental reviews done by SA
Currently, IA have access to Medical, Research and GenSec comms.

Why? To enforce the foundation legal codex and ensure ethical practices. That amount of violations that can be found via comms is impressive.

All departments are part of the foundation and are subject to being monitored and observed by Internal Affairs, it's a logical extension to allow access to comms.

I would possibly exclude access to MTF comms, however IA should be able to see DEA comms to do their job.

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
Currently, IA have access to Medical, Research and GenSec comms.

Why? To enforce the foundation legal codex and ensure ethical practices. That amount of violations that can be found via comms is impressive.

All departments are part of the foundation and are subject to being monitored and observed by Internal Affairs, it's a logical extension to allow access to comms.

I would possibly exclude access to MTF comms, however IA should be able to see DEA comms to do their job.
maybe just ambassadors+
since agents cant arrest dea.

Status
Not open for further replies.