Denied IA Request for Access to E11, Nu-7 and DEA Communications

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dear

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 14, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion gives The Department Of internal Affairs access to E-11, Nu-7,and DEA Comms (/e11 /nu7 /dea)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Improved Oversight: It allows us to closely monitor activities, ensuring that they operate within the parameters of our established protocols and guidelines.

Effective Investigations: Access to these communications greatly enhances our investigative capacity, allowing us to gather critical information and evidence.

Additionally,we already have access to communications within the GSD, Medical, and Research departments. Extending this access to E11, Nu-7 and DEA communications would maintain consistency and promote fairness and transparency in our internal investigations across the Foundation.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
They have less privacy

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This request should be approved since it would significantly benefit IA. I already went IC with this request to the O5 council of Site65 and they approved the request.

grnappa

Aug 18, 2022
I already have trouble reaching IA on /c3.

Get your grubby hands off my comms.

-Support
-Bozo

(US) Nu-7 Commander Erik "Grover" Vander

Deftone

Sep 20, 2022
No. Ethics and O5 don't exist to monitor comms.
We have to due to the fact IA can't see the comms.

Let IA do thier job and observe.
DEA/Nu-7 business doesn't conflict with IA business. IA handles internal issues within the foundation, I don't see how DEA's and Nu-7 on the surface have anything to do with that, especially since most of their work deals with GOIs, which, IA shouldn't be involved with.

Charles "Ze" Whittme

Apr 4, 2023
DEA/Nu-7 business doesn't conflict with IA business. IA handles internal issues within the foundation, I don't see how DEA's and Nu-7 on the surface have anything to do with that, especially since most of their work deals with GOIs, which, IA shouldn't be involved with.

Are DEA and Nu-7 not part of the foundation?

The "IA handles internal issues" is the behaviour of the departments, DEA and NU-7 included.
IA business is how departments behave and carry themselves.

IA will be using the comms to monitor and observe the on goings and operations of the department.

Reactions: John Dear

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
+ Support
-IA needs to be on all comms to make sure everyone is doing the job correct.
if IA needs to make sure people are doing their jobs correct then DEA, Nu-7 and E-11 command are all doing terrible jobs.

-support, not needed, all 3 departments have a semi-high bar of entry and functional command structures, also as someone brought up E-11 have knowledge about SCPs which IA do not, leading to infobreaches coming from secure comms. It would make 0 sense for someone to have access to comms which discuss information classified to them.

John Dear

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 14, 2021
E11 talk about cl4 scps quite a bit and have access to info IA wouldn't so I'd see a lot of info breaches occurring
Good point it would be better to limit E11 to Ambassador+. Then to make it fair we would also limit Nu-7

We investigate Nu-7 and DEA to see if they follow the FLC and their own department rules. Many of these investigations are ordered by Site Command.

-Support
I don't want feds listening into what I tell Nu-7 or E-11
Why would IA have access to DEA comms??? this legit makes no sense
It does make sense since we investigate DEA.

-support
Stay out of our comms. If we need you, we will ask for you.
Thats not the point. Have you even read the suggestion?

In what world would IA have access to DEA Communications, the only people who require access to their Communications is ECM, O5 & SA.

ECM for Ethical Matters
O5 because DEA directly reports to O5
SA because DEA works with SA & has departmental reviews done by SA
Like i said before we investigate DEA under oders of Site Command.

----------------
I get that you guys dont want IA watching over your comms, but this will benefit our investigation capabilities. The reason i made the suggestion is due to staff asking to make a forum post about it. On the UK this is already In character approved by O5-3 and O5-4

Scopes

May 2, 2022
Michigan
Good point it would be better to limit E11 to Ambassador+. Then to make it fair we would also limit Nu-7

We investigate Nu-7 and DEA to see if they follow the FLC and their own department rules. Many of these investigations are ordered by Site Command.

It does make sense since we investigate DEA.

Thats not the point. Have you even read the suggestion?

Like i said before we investigate DEA under oders of Site Command.

----------------
I get that you guys dont want IA watching over your comms, but this will benefit our investigation capabilities. The reason i made the suggestion is due to staff asking to make a forum post about it. On the UK this is already In character approved by O5-3 and O5-4
I'd also like to say IA are mistreated on USA and people see Ethics as a joke which is not good.

• Sad
Reactions: Khan

Revolutionary

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Aug 25, 2023
+Support
-makes sense in rp , i mean we already have medical gsd and research

Reactions: John Dear

Joris "Brexit" Bohnson

Sep 10, 2023
-Support

I do not think that this is a good idea
For example e11 disucss Cl4 scps in their comms regularly. This would then be unavilable to do as it'd infobreach to IA constantly. Nu-7 and DEA both fall under the example of being surface agencies and not relevant to IAs duties

Second

-support

IA simply do not need to see Nu-7 or DEA comms as they could be doing classified missions on surface.

IA simply do not need to see E-11 comms as they could be handling classified SCPs (008, event SCPs).

IA is fine as is, they don't need everyones comms to be fine.

Atrocious suggestion, while we're at it why don't we give IA O-1 and A-1 comms, maybe EC and O5 too! I mean, they're a part of the Foundation, aren't they?

• Wow
Reactions: Dalton

Pupper

Jun 6, 2023
-support

this doesn't really make sense because E11 and NU7 know about 008 and they aren't gonna say "good soup" in their own comms, And in IA agents aren't allowed to arrest DEA, at most it could be available to ambassadors but I still don't think its needed there either.

Holland

Donator
Aug 27, 2022
-support

this doesn't really make sense because E11 and NU7 know about 008 and they aren't gonna say "good soup" in their own comms, And in IA agents aren't allowed to arrest DEA, at most it could be available to ambassadors but I still don't think its needed there either.
Nu7 doesn't know 008 only their COs

Status
Not open for further replies.