Denied Illegal FOB punishments

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoxton

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Make it so the punishment for an "illegal FOB" scales with how much impact it had on the gameplay
Currently, placing a fob that is slightly clipping is a warn and putting a fob in middle of an enemy point and changing the outcome of the war is also a warn.

Here is how it should be (not exactly like this but something similar)

Placing a FOB that is clipping - Warning (if during war)
Placing a FOB that has one entrance - Warning (if during war)
Stealing a FOB on enemy territory majorly impacting the outcome of the war - Ban

It should be also considered if the team that owns the illegal FOB was able to spawn on it as this majorly effects the outcome of the war
a 1k strength illegal FOB that has been up for 30 seconds is not the same as 200k strength illegal FOB that has been up for 10 minutes

I have seen someone steal a NWO fob in middle of train bridge, which was owned by NWO, and this FOB was up for 5-10 minutes, this majorly impacted the outcome and all that person got was a warn.

I have seen someone place a UAN fob between outpost and shacks (both owned by NWO) in middle of war and this fob was up for 10 minutes and it went from a stalemate to a major victory (for them)

The reason these fobs have such impact on the war is because they're up for 5-10 minutes because it takes a while to:

1. Notice that the FOB was stolen
2. To find out that its placed on your territory
3. For staff to answer your sit
4. For staff to get opinions from other staff and then remove it and then they won't even let you replace the FOB

I would also like to point out that most COs on the server would take a warning that expires in 30 days and is very unlikely to get you to a 1 day ban to turn a stalemate into a major victory
These 2 examples are of UAN breaking the rule, Im not saying NWO doesn't do this I'm sure they do I just cannot recall any NWO placing an illegal FOB that has such impact on the war

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Less rulebreak (hopefully)
Rules being more fair, the punishemnt for placing a illegal FOB majorly effecting the outcome of a war shouldn't be the same as placing a FOB that is slightly clipping

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Rules being more complicated

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Because you shouldn't be able to affect a war so much with your rule breaking and only get away with a meaningless warning

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
if anyone breaks a rule the staff member should be giving a warning or a ban for as long as it was blatant and not a genuine mistake obviously we do not want to be handing out warnings for genuine mistakes with this being said there are guidelines for staff to follow such as what to give in different situations which should be getting followed if you feel a sit has been mishandled you can make a complaint as well then it will be further dealt with.

Doofy

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Nov 10, 2021
Scotland
We will not be implementing this as it is up to staff members to determine the punishment for rule breaks.

Reactions: Hoxton
Status
Not open for further replies.