Denied Improvements to Parawatch

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wojtekpolska

Sep 20, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Parawatch need a buff, they are supposed to be writing documents of what they see in order to infoleak stuff, they are supposed to have a certain amount of information about some scp's (which they call "paranormals" according to the stickied message), however in practice the moment you write anything meaningfull, a UNGOC/SCP/CI member will simply enter the parawatch spawn, take down the document, and if possible find the person who wrote it, in order to amnesticate them.
(this happened for me even tho UNGOC had no reason to suspect anything, they simply went to parawatch spawn routinly, shredded my document, and left)

My suggestion is to give the parawatch a way to keep their documents protected from "griefing" - you can either go simple, and make a rule that non-parawatch are not allowed to enter parawatch base without reason, and they cannot take down documents from the corkboard.
you also could give them a computer they can upload documents to, similar to what the SCP foundation has - give them a forum where they can upload documents of things they see.

Honestly, due to the stickied messages on the corkboard, i believe the corkboard is actually meant to be a representation of the online forum of parawatch? it would make much more sense this way, that the documents on the corkboard are actually not paper documents, but post on the parawatch forum? at least it should be like that (if you don't give them a real forum to post stuff to)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No, parawatch is notoriously neglected so im not aware of similar suggestions

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Give Parawatch actual incentive to play, a real goal. currently they can *technically* write documents, but in reality they will just be instantly removed, so it makes no sense for any player to waste time on that
- Incentivise more surface RP, have more players play parawatch, collect information, such as photos on their camera, and safely bring it back to parawatch hq spawn without dying to write an article

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- could potentially lead to too many infoleaks, but i believe its not a real problem - in RP the general population is supposed to view parawatch as a bunch of crackheads, and consider all their claims as baseless conspiracy theories. so i dont actually believe this would bring any harm

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think most players would want more surface RP to happen, and more people to play parawatch and try to gather information about anomalous activities, and about whatever CI/SCP/UNGOC is doing.
Giving them a forum, or at least preventing CI/SCP/UN from randomly searching their base, and preventing them from removing documents from the corkboard, would increase parawatch RP greately.

Currently there is simply not much for parawatch to do - they take pictures, but what for? if they write an article its just gonna get taken off the corkboard and shredded.

TL;DR - make it so SCP/CI/UNGOC can't simply enter parawatch hq for no reason to take down their documents, or give parawatch means to safely upload these documents somewhere to add some kind of reason to even play as them.

Last edited:

Callahan

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 30, 2021
+/- Support

As others have already stated, I believe parawatch DOES need a rework of some sort, but this is not how we should go about doing it.

Even something as simple as allowing Parawatch to lock the doors in their spawn would allow for more RP, so perhaps that could be suggested elsewhere if anyone wants to take that into account.

--------

The idea of
Parawatch missions however seems incredibly unique, creative and engaging and would let Parawatch have something feasible to work towards rather than info-breaching meaninglessly.

Caesar Kuznetsov

Oct 24, 2022
Imagine if researchers would have to do tests, write a document, document their findings, and then instead of being able to upload it, just being forced to leave it on the corkboard where someone simply steals it within 10 minutes and all their work is invalidated...

if they get some forum, this doesnt mean that everyone will be allowed to infoleak that document all the time (as within RP this makes no sense, cause civilians just think they are crackheads)

Entirely different.

- Support, but let Parawatch use 914 if they find information on it IC and obtain the means to do so.

Gure

Donator
Apr 4, 2023
WA, Australia
-Support
they need a buff yes, but this is not a way to go
definately not the computers = infinite infobreach

Derek White

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Oct 12, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @wojtekpolska ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

We have denied this due to the fact that you are able to hid your doc and you do not have to post them on the corkboard. We as content will see if we can find another way to improve parawatch as they have been neglected.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Reactions: Max Henry
Status
Not open for further replies.