Denied Increase Ethics assistant slots

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coral Lycensoft

Feb 27, 2023

What does this suggestion change/add/remove?

Increase Ethics assistant slots to 3​

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2)

The primary duty of an ethics assistant is to assist their designated ethics committee members. However- due to there only being 2 slots for ethics assistants, it’s impossible for one of the 3 ethics committee members to contact their assistant. I believe it would be viable to have a minimum of three Assistant slots, as it would create less strain on the assistants if they’re given multiple assignments.

Another positive is that it would allow for at least a semblance of a meeting between assistants. As the lack of open slots causes issues, as some are ever able to get on there role due to positions being taken.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion

In my eyes, I see this as more of a positive, me and the other assistants keep voicing our frustrations on the lack of assistant slots.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted?

I believe this is a viable option for the more populated hours of the day, as there will likely be more researchers and people requesting the ethics committee, so it helps to reduce the load a little. It’ll also allow for some better ethics committee roleplay moments if meetings do end up occurring.​

Moxxie

Jul 17, 2022
+Support

Spend a lot of my time staring at the 2/2 on the ECA slot, wanting to play on it

This could extend to the OA also, and give them 3 assistant slots, for each O5 slot

ERaven

Donator
Mar 7, 2023
+ Support

I know that staff say that job slot suggestions will be denied but please consider this one as with recent activity increases for assistants it has become really hard to get onto the job unless you get on the server well before peak. It is also something that both servers seem to think is necessary.

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
This is going to be denied as Cloak set in stone these slots will never be changed again. You do not need more slots for a Committee that is reduced to 4.

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
-Support
I feel like this suggestion comes from a place of "Slots full but I want to play", the issue with that is that you dont need more than 2 ECA at a time for the duties of ECA to be completed. If ECA work was not getting completed due to the 2 people on ECA slots always being completely busy I could see a point but for some reason I don't think that's the case

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Suggestion Denied
Hi @Coral Lycensoft,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because we are currently not accepting job slot changes. On another note, Ethics Commitee Assistants slots were recently changed with the Site Command update.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.