Issue Trying To Join Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igorski

Mar 27, 2022
I played regularly a few months ago and I wanted to come back and start playing again. I got my PC set up and tried to join but I got errors saying the map was different. I unistalled then reinstalled steam after trying 100 different methods and now I've reinstalled it I'm getting 'Host Error : Clients map differs from the servers'. I've tried deleting and then letting the sever download the maps a few times and tries a bunch of other methods online I could find but to no luck. Any help would be great

Solution
Hello again Igorski,

Hopefully a reset will help, if not, please see the below;

1. Download the most up to date .bsp through this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jR2Xkc4ZDRvFa2acRFbW8hM4hw6y9Wuh/view?usp=share_link
2. Navigate to "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\maps"
3. Drop the .bsp into the "maps" folder
4. Reconnect to the server
Note: Be sure to delete these files when a map update happens, or else you will waste storage space

Alternitivley, see below;
Missing Map when connecting to the server
This can be fixed by doing what is explained in the guide for "Map differs" but it may also have a other cause which you can check by:
1. Open your Options in Garry's Mod

Deleted member 4984

Hey Igorski nice to see you back,

Anyway from what I know this issue happens when someone has a map with the same name as the server map in their map folder, try to at first locate the map in your downloads folder of your Gmod files or the addons folder and delete that map. If that does not work try deleted all your add-ons/maps that you have, if that does not work try reinstalling gmod just make sure to disable/delete the cloud saves as while im not sure I think that they may addons and map saves. That should fix your issue

Igorski

Mar 27, 2022
Hey Igorski nice to see you back,

Anyway from what I know this issue happens when someone has a map with the same name as the server map in their map folder, try to at first locate the map in your downloads folder of your Gmod files or the addons folder and delete that map. If that does not work try deleted all your add-ons/maps that you have, if that does not work try reinstalling gmod just make sure to disable/delete the cloud saves as while im not sure I think that they may addons and map saves. That should fix your issue
Hey man,

Tried all that and to no luck. I've doing a factory reset to see if I'll have anymore luck so hopefully that works or it might just be an issue on my side downloading the map from the server :)

Deleted member 4984

Hey man,

Tried all that and to no luck. I've doing a factory reset to see if I'll have anymore luck so hopefully that works or it might just be an issue on my side downloading the map from the server :)
good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeke

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
Hello again Igorski,

Hopefully a reset will help, if not, please see the below;

1. Download the most up to date .bsp through this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jR2Xkc4ZDRvFa2acRFbW8hM4hw6y9Wuh/view?usp=share_link
2. Navigate to "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\maps"
3. Drop the .bsp into the "maps" folder
4. Reconnect to the server
Note: Be sure to delete these files when a map update happens, or else you will waste storage space

Alternitivley, see below;
Missing Map when connecting to the server
This can be fixed by doing what is explained in the guide for "Map differs" but it may also have a other cause which you can check by:
1. Open your Options in Garry's Mod
2. Go to "Multiplayer"
3. Under "When a game server tries to download custom content to your computer", make sure you set it to "Allow all custom files from server"
Note:
If this still didn't help and you are still receiving the Missing Map problem, just follow the steps from the "Map differs" fix

Solution

{Mercs}DoR

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Feb 23, 2021
welcome back Igorski :). Sad that i dont play SCP anymore so cant really see you much but its good to hear your back. GL in getting Gmod to work

Status
Not open for further replies.