Denied J.A.F Model Change

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
NOTE : This model change suggestion [/B] HAS [/B] been approved to be suggested by JAF Regimental Command (Harry).

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion replaces the 2014 PMC models that are used by JAF with new, updated models that feature similar characteristics however look much better, are newer and more representative of military personnel than plain black stormtroopers.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Model changes for JAF have been discussed but never openly posted due to what I can assume being a lack of suitable models.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- JAF have new incentives to play
- New, more updated models are on the server
- Hefty size of the entire PMC pack can be removed from the content pack
(They used to be used by both ISAF and JAF, given that the suggestion is accepted, this would allow the removal of the entire pack).

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Development time porting the model
- Compiling the model size
While testing the models, Saint kindly looked through the file sizes and was able to change the entire model pack from 300mb to 80mb by only removing certain unused bodygroups and the additional, unused skins. No file compression was used to achieve this, leaving a substantial margin for decreasing the size further. Due to this, I believe that the size of the model is essentially perfect for the server, seeing that a model around or below 80mb to be used for the majority of the regiment will only be a small increase from the size used on the current models as well, from what I know, this model's size is a significant decrease over other regiments' models, such as STS (I have been told these are around 100-150mb compressed, this sounds inaccurate but I thought I should mention it.)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
JAF is so the last remaining regiment on the server that has yet to receive any model updates in the server's history. The problem with this has always been a lack of potential models that represent JAF, and models that were small enough to be implemented into the server. After extensive testing, I was able to find this model and found that, in comparison to the current, all black, unoriginal models, this model is not only similar to the current models, but also has variety, potential for downsized space (Removal of skins that are unused, or body groups) and is able to be customised through a variety of low-size bodygroups. Due to this, below is the document I have attached for the specific body groups used on each job.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
kinda +support
It does look nice, but thing is, doesn't fit much JAF, fits more either SAS or a NWO Regiment, not gone lie
That's a common issue I found while looking for models. I realised a bit during searching that looking for models similar to the current JAF model rather than what is a traditionally 'paratrooper' model was a more reliable way to find a model applicable.

If you look at both the current model, and the model proposed, they share a lot of similarities. Though overall, I see your point.

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
That's a common issue I found while looking for models. I realised a bit during searching that looking for models similar to the current JAF model rather than what is a traditionally 'paratrooper' model was a more reliable way to find a model applicable.

If you look at both the current model, and the model proposed, they share a lot of similarities. Though overall, I see your point.
I personally think a bit heavier mods won't impact that much, honestly a playermodel causing lag to server won't be as bad as some IFVs, or other stuff in the server currently, it will affect performance yes, but not a game breaking point, if they allowed for bigger playermodels, we would have a bigger option to choose from (and fuck no, not MW3 only bs)

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Jason M. , Your suggestion has been denied. The author of the mod has said they don't want us to edit their models for the server. Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion​

Status
Not open for further replies.