Denied Justice for 106!!! (give my mans a breach tool)

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ℹ️ Context: SCP-106 is a sentient being, albeit near non-verbal and non-communicative unless he has something to gain. SCP-106 appears to be aware of several things beyond the scope of pure instinct and genetic memory. SCP-106 consistently breaches at moments where recovery and containment are most difficult. He's fully sentient, he can talk but chooses not to. This is affirmed by lore & server rules.

Rules.png

For simplicity sake, so far, this post has received:

19 +supports
5 -supports, two with little to no feedback or reasons why, and one with lore reasons for -support (already discussed above)

Points brought up in favor in replies:

"even though 106 may get RCed quick. It gives him a chance to inflict more chaos and destruction" - Head Mod.
"+support old hcz 106 hit hard now he is easily stopped" - Ex Nu-7 COM
"106 is extremely weak when he is not breached with other SCPs." - Super Admin
"This'd give a high risk high reward to 106, you could choose to breach another SCP, however you're at a massive risk of being RCed if you do it. Would be a good buff." - UNGOC CPT / Assistant Mercer
"+support hcz too big for 106 now either give him the ability to put a portal down and tp to it or let him have breach swep"

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

? [BUFF] Gives SCP-106 a breaching tool.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
This has not been suggested before, to the extent of my knowledge and from checking.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

(y)The ability to play SCP-106 and not get RCd in 5 minutes flat without having to get a friend to breach tool you instead.

?More breach tool variety. SCP-106 would be more encouraged to breach SCPs in LCZ such as 457 / 173 / 912 so that he can clear LCZ first and not risk being RC'd. This adds far more variety to breaches.

:coffee:More SCP variety to play when deciding who to pick to breach as. Around half of the SCP roster do not have breach tools due to lore reasons when balance wise they could really use them (939, 9000s, 173, etc). 106 is one of those SCPs, but there's no real lore reason for him not to have one. Active site crosstesting site policies are actively being balanced around 106 being able to breach SCPs using his intelligence and pocket dimension; so why not just let him?

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

? Could be frustrating if you breach as 106, try to breach an SCP, and get RC'd before the timer goes up.
? Double edged sword with more 106 breaches. MTF will have more encounters with 106.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

I believe this is a good idea from a lore perspective and a balance perspective. Breaching in the breach que with an SCP that doesn't have a breach tool can be frustrating as you could have just gotten someone to breach tool them out instead, having an extra SCP added to your breach essentially. This cuts back on that a bit, adds more variety to breaches, and overall has bigger positives than negatives.

As of recent with passive breaches being allowed, low level SCPs breaching, and SCPs that don't have tools breaching, E-11 have been put into a very bad position. Without the combat aspect, it's hard to enjoy just simply guarding a choke as your main job.

While passive RP is incredibly important to the server, combat is too. 90% of MTFs are combat focused, and outside of raids SCP breaches are all they have. Breaches already only happen about every 2-3 hours, and since around 50% of them are RC'd in the first 20 minutes, that leaves an incredibly open time slot for RP. I would know as an Exec; I love passive RP.

106 gaining a breach tool would satisfy combat, but wouldn't necessarily be toxic to passive RP. Additionally; 106 could more easily breach lesser used SCPs such as SCP-9000's without having to worry about being attacked by E-11 while breaching. This could possible lead to more variety during breaches.

Even so; 106 would still have to take a huge risk even breaching an SCP due to the time required to wait after breach & the time you have to wait to actually fully use the breach tool. 106 could easily be RC'd in this time if 106 doesn't have protection and E-11 are quick.

Last edited:

+Support

- Solo 106 breaches are unreasonably easy to contain

- Since 106 cant be in the same spot for more than 5 minutes he has no way to defend himself from being RCed

- 106 is sentient so it would make sense for him to be able to breach someone

- Since 7722 recently lost his it would bring the total amount of breach tools back to what it was

+Support leaning Towards +/- Neutral
-106 by himself or 1 other SCP is awful. A 912 and 106 breach would be stupendously bad compared to a 076 and 106 breach. Yes, giving him a breach tool in the first scenario would help him a lot and make him better. In the second it could potentially lead to a easy code black.
-I still believe this suggestion could work out, with 106's speed and Breach Tool cooldown it could take time and risk to breach an SCP

-The reasoning 'Makes sense in lore' is odd, but all the SCP's with breach tools are Sentient so I would make sense 'In lore'

As I said above, the line between Awful and Amazing for 106 is Strange, although I do believe this buff would help him without making him absolutely broken

+/- Neutral (but could be convinced for support)

i feel like this could be a well balanced addition tbh as breaching another SCP does take a succulent second to fully do so if you go to breach someone you're essentially leaving an open window for someone to recontain you.

on the other hand SCP breaches are extremely iffy as they happen constantly and it hinders the passive RP of the server which also conflicts with the identity CN's SCP-RP was made for, this I feel this would easily just make breaches more continuous throughout the day and pause a lot of RP for a majority of the server.

ℹ️ Context: SCP-106 is a sentient being, albeit near non-verbal and non-communicative unless he has something to gain. SCP-106 appears to be aware of several things beyond the scope of pure instinct and genetic memory. SCP-106 consistently breaches at moments where recovery and containment are most difficult. He's fully sentient, he can talk but chooses not to. This is affirmed by lore & server rules.

For simplicity sake, so far, this post has received:

13 +supports
5 -supports, two with little to no feedback or reasons why.

Points brought up in favor in replies:

"even though 106 may get RCed quick. It gives him a chance to inflict more chaos and destruction" - Head Mod.
"+support old hcz 106 hit hard now he is easily stopped" - Ex Nu-7 COM
"106 is extremely weak when he is not breached with other SCPs." - Super Admin

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

? [BUFF] Gives SCP-106 a breaching tool.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
This has not been suggested before, to the extent of my knowledge and from checking.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

(y)The ability to play SCP-106 and not get RCd in 5 minutes flat without having to get a friend to breach tool you instead.

?More breach tool variety. SCP-106 would be more encouraged to breach SCPs in LCZ such as 457 / 173 / 912 so that he can clear LCZ first and not risk being RC'd. This adds far more variety to breaches.

:coffee:More SCP variety to play when deciding who to pick to breach as. Around half of the SCP roster do not have breach tools due to lore reasons when balance wise they could really use them (939, 9000s, 173, etc). 106 is one of those SCPs, but there's no real lore reason for him not to have one. Active site crosstesting site policies are actively being balanced around 106 being able to breach SCPs using his intelligence and pocket dimension; so why not just let him?

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

? Could be frustrating if you breach as 106, try to breach an SCP, and get RC'd before the timer goes up.
? Double edged sword with more 106 breaches. MTF will have more encounters with 106.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

I believe this is a good idea from a lore perspective and a balance perspective. Breaching in the breach que with an SCP that doesn't have a breach tool can be frustrating as you could have just gotten someone to breach tool them out instead, having an extra SCP added to your breach essentially. This cuts back on that a bit, adds more variety to breaches, and overall has bigger positives than negatives.

As of recent with passive breaches being allowed, low level SCPs breaching, and SCPs that don't have tools breaching, E-11 have been put into a very bad position. Without the combat aspect, it's hard to enjoy just simply guarding a choke as your main job.

While passive RP is incredibly important to the server, combat is too. 90% of MTFs are combat focused, and outside of raids SCP breaches are all they have. Breaches already only happen about every 2-3 hours, and since around 50% of them are RC'd in the first 20 minutes, that leaves an incredibly open time slot for RP. I would know as an Exec; I love passive RP.

106 gaining a breach tool would satisfy combat, but wouldn't necessarily be toxic to passive RP. Additionally; 106 could more easily breach lesser used SCPs such as SCP-9000's without having to worry about being attacked by E-11 while breaching. This could possible lead to more variety during breaches.

Even so; 106 would still have to take a huge risk even breaching an SCP due to the time required to wait after breach & the time you have to wait to actually fully use the breach tool. 106 could easily be RC'd in this time if 106 doesn't have protection and E-11 are quick.
+SUPPORT

Nov 29, 2022
Ok so he is sentient yes but just because he is sentient doesn’t automatically mean he gets a breach tool. For example 7722 got his removed because he was too overpowered. And with a literal invincible guy walking towards a containment chamber and breaching him would be a little unfair. Also keep in mind scp’s can’t stay in one place forever or guard a containment chamber for more than 5 minutes. I do see where you are coming from though.

-Support

Last edited:
-Support
I am just gonna say this: if even for 5 minutes 106 breaches he will be able to go to breach any SCP without anybody actually being able to counter him until a D class can be brought. This gives 106 enough time to breach SCPs like 682, 079, 7722 or 076.
This is just about balance, as an E11, we will not be able to handle 106 going to breach extremely good SCPs and not having any chance of doing anything against it.

Callahan

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 30, 2021
-Support

Considering 106 is immortal and cannot be killed nor stopped in any way whatsoever, I believe a breach tool is the wrong direction to go in here.

There was a different suggestion that suggested different locations 106 could teleport to, which I believe could solve both problems, making 106 buffed and fun to play in the new HCZ whilst also making it fair for all players involved in a 106 breach.

-Support
I am just gonna say this: if even for 5 minutes 106 breaches he will be able to go to breach any SCP without anybody actually being able to counter him until a D class can be brought. This gives 106 enough time to breach SCPs like 682, 079, 7722 or 076.
This is just about balance, as an E11, we will not be able to handle 106 going to breach extremely good SCPs and not having any chance of doing anything against it.
-Support

Considering 106 is immortal and cannot be killed nor stopped in any way whatsoever, I believe a breach tool is the wrong direction to go in here.

There was a different suggestion that suggested different locations 106 could teleport to, which I believe could solve both problems, making 106 buffed and fun to play in the new HCZ whilst also making it fair for all players involved in a 106 breach.
106 Standing still for a minute only makes it more likely for him to be recontained, it's literally bad for him.

Auburn

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi Caezar,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

106 is not a good solo breach. However, due to the way the breach tool works adding it to him will not be a benefit and may trick new 106 players into getting themselves recontained much sooner.
106 would need to first defend his CC for 5 minutes on his own, and then spend over a full minute away from his CC breaching another SCP. This is prime time for a player to recontain him, in which his efforts are wasted.
While we are looking at buffing 106 to be a better and more powerful SCP overall, adding a breach tool will not improve his solo breach performance, and will instead only make already bad breaches even worse to fight against.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Reactions: Niox
Status
Not open for further replies.