Not open for further replies.

Jason

Blacklisted Player
Jan 28, 2023
Your in-game name: Jason II

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:453684761

Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/JasonSeehrov/

Date of ban: Wed Jul 19 13:55:23 2023

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): NITRP - Contact Senior Admin + (giving 2 new players the GENSEC test answers)

Who banned you: 'Red'

Ban length?: 4 Weeks

What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

What will you do to stop this from happening again: I honestly had no idea that giving new players the GENSEC test answers was bannable. Now that I know I will get a whole 4 Week ban, I definitely will not do it again.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?: I don't think I've been banned before, or kicked. I probably have been warned but probably near the start of the servers life as I can't recall any warns I've had recently.

Why should you be unbanned: I'm just here to have fun, not to get banned. If i knew i was going to get banned for giving new players the test answers then I wouldn't have given them the answers. I had absolutely no bad intent, I just wanted to help them out. I really enjoy the server as a pastime so getting banned was definitely not an intention of mine.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: Just seeing the ban alone shocked me, so I opened up a ticket to see what it was for and I was immediately apologetic. I will try my best to stick within the rules next time.

Why do you want to re-join this server?: As I said before, I really enjoy the server as a pastime (especially as I'm waiting for DarkRP to release) so to just be able to get on again and move on from what I did would be really great.

RedBubble55

Jun 21, 2022
West Midlands, UK
Hi @Jason

Many thanks for creating this, you did make a discord ticket as well. And I did explain that it was against the rules. But I did see you closed this after I did not respond for a few hours. (It was 11 pm, and I was asleep). You still did leak the answers for the test, and of course, those cadets then shared it, and it wasn't just a simple yes-no to those questions, it was a complete document with each question laid out and answered.

I was planning to move this down to just a few days. But now this appeal has been made it will go to a Super Admin.

Thank you,

Jason

Blacklisted Player
Jan 28, 2023
Those cadets then shared it, and it wasn't just a simple yes-no to those questions, it was a complete document with each question laid out and answered.
I had absolutely no idea that those cadets shared them forward to other cadets. I gave them the document and then I didn't see them again after that.
I made the document with only myself in mind. For if I'll ever have to re-do the test, I would know exactly what questions to answer. But I just couldn't resist helping the new player as I understand how annoying the test can be (from my experience with it).

Thanks for responding

Luft

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 6, 2022
Appeal Accepted

Hi @Jason

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

After taking a look at everything provided by both yourself and Red, I have come to the conclusion that this indeed was a valid ban and what had been done definitely warranted a ban. However, I will be removing the ban as I feel you were banned for an adequate time compared to what you had originally been banned for.

Kind Regards, Luft.​

Status
Not open for further replies.