I was banned by an admin named "Silence"

Ban length?:
I got banned for 2 weeks.

What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
I was banned on the American SCP-RP server

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url):
https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

What will you do to stop this from happening again:
I wont refer to people by their color. And I will from now on just take peoples weapons instead of saying that they have them.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?
Yes, i was banned for MRDMand warned for mostly leaving during roleplay actions, which i have learnt from.

Why should you be unbanned:
I mostly dont even get the reason why i was banned. I was a security recruit in d-block and a researcher needed a d-class, so i took one out and then said: "We should kill him hes black" [i know that i frazed the sentence wrongly i should have been more like "We should kill him, hes the black one" or "Should we kill him, the black one?" I meant it like a question, but english is not my first language and I did not know that just a simple "," can change the meaning of the sentence], after that i said that he has a gun and started questioning if we should kill him again, because I was quite new to the security stuff [I have lvl 3 I think] I did not know, that u can take the weapons, I got later told by an agent, that thats a possibility. Even tho I dont think that this ban should have been in place, because i was just describing the person, that has happened to be black, I am deeply sorry, that I may offended someone.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?:
I wont use colors to describe people. And I will start talking instead of writing, so that I can make sentences longer.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
I love to play SCP-RP and this is preety much the only good option. The people here are mostly alright. Its really fun most of the time.

Its possible that i forgot some details, so I may edit this message if i remember some more details that might help. :)

Derek White

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Oct 12, 2022
Good Afternoon Karlik,

A sit was called about you due to what was said. After looking at the clip (that i can't find) and looking through chat logs (I do have the chat logs). Even if you were talking about the player model that he was using making those comments are not ok, so you were banned for severe toxicity.

H-mod Derek/Silence

Dpw483 Ryan "Cincinnatus"

Sep 23, 2022
Appeal Accepted

Hi @Karlik ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

While the way you phrased can make it seem like you were singling someone out because of their skin color, this does not warrant a 2-week ban because of a slip-up in how a sentence was phrased. For future reference, please make sure you are phrasing your sentence more correctly so that mix-ups like this don't happen again.

I will be reducing your ban to 1.5 days in response to your appeal.

Have a nice day!
Ryan.​

Status
Not open for further replies.