KingOfCommon's Game Master Application [US]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingOfCommon

Oct 21, 2023
Original Steam login name (your account's first-ever name): KingOfCommon
For how long have you played on CG SCP-RP: I joined almost a month ago on the 27th of September. my total time/hours in-game is 1w 11hrs at the time of this app
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: PST
Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable): MTF NU-7 Spc King "Schizo" Common
Chaos name (include your rank): CI-B King "Crossfire" Common
Civilian name: KingOCommon
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:593756967
Discord ID (name#0000): kingofcommon
Do you have a mic?: Yes
What server are you applying for?: SCP RP USA
Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications: First Application
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
I have received a warning for PAC abuse because I made my character bigger than the allowed size, I have received an RDM warn for killing a dclass as a dclass brute partly due to a misunderstanding of the Fear RP rules
-
Do you have any previous experience as a Gamemaster/Event Manager in a community?:
I have had experience being a Game Master in a previous community. My duties included running "Main Events" events that included RP for the entire server, with a small story/plot line and sometimes minor RP for regiments depending on their specializations. then additionally running trainings and individual events, which would only be held for one regiment and would focus on team building and their specialization allowing for more specific training and RP.
-
Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
I have had experience with other serious roleplay servers including Military RP and Star Wars Clone Wars RP servers. My experience inside those servers was mostly tied to being a part of a specific regiment and building my skills upon their specializations via training and teaching others. on both servers, I achieved ranks equivalent to NCOs and participated in recruiting and training new players into the server and regiment.
-
How many hours can you be on every day?:
on a normal week without holidays or special events I would be available MON-FRI 1-4 Hrs and SAT-SUN 2-6 Hrs (Depending on plans or events)
-
Why do you want to become a Gamemaster on our server?:
I wish to become a Game Master on SCP RP because I want to increase and improve the roleplay on the server currently and given the universe the server is set in I feel I can help do that, I'll take a perspective that is the closest to me being NU-7 and may be shared by fellow NU-7 players that during the time that most players are on there isn't actually much to do, apart from the occasional Chaos Insurgency Raid and SCP Breach sometimes you find yourself sitting around waiting for the next thing to happen. I wish to change that by planning in-depth events and having players be interested in joining and engaging, I feel confident that with my GM experience on other servers, I can host fun events that players can engage with to make it feel less like they are waiting for the action to happen and more like they are actually an operative engaging on missions with objectives.
-
What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:
As stated above I think I can help engage more players on the server and help interest more people to expand their roleplay knowledge and experience. I believe that I stand out from other applicants given my availability and previous experience allowing me to create more in-depth game scenarios. I have a lot of experience with the good building and "creative mode" systems and when trained with any specializations that the server has I think I could really stand out and prove myself as a game master.

Please List 3 small event ideas (Which would involve at least one side of the server):
1."The Lost Artifact"
Event Item: An anomalous artifact that appears to be an ordinary, everyday object.
Event Description: Players receive a tip about a seemingly insignificant item contained within Site-65. Little do they know, the artifact possesses special and unknown power, offering a chance to contest the item between GOIs and have researchers investigate the object to learn more about it.
Objective: Players must locate and secure the artifact while fighting with each other to obtain it. once captured by a group their respective research teams would rp with the item via the GM to figure out its use and importance.
2."The Projector"
Event Item: A holographic projector that displays disturbing and disastrous scenes from the future.
Event Description: The Site's research teams discovered this artifact and activated it accidentally. Players must investigate the holographic projections, which reveal clues about a future experiment gone wrong.
Objective: Players must decipher the clues hidden within the holograms and determine how to prevent the experiment's disastrous outcome.
3."The Collector"
Event Item: A collection of seemingly harmless objects with unknown, latent anomalous properties. Sold by a mysterious man.
Event Description: An unauthorized intruder and collector of SCP artifacts is apprehended in the facility, drawing the attention of Site personnel the scps in his inventory are not hosted on-site. Players must interrogate the man, recover the SCPs, and determine the source and purpose of this mysterious intruder.
Objective: Players need to discreetly recover the SCP artifacts, investigate the origins of the auction, and potentially deal with any rival factions involved in the capture of SCP objects.

Please List an Map change event idea (Involving both sides and the entire server)

A nearby site sends out an emergency distress call requesting for medevac and security teams to help contain a potentially site-destroying attack, however upon broadcasting the message, the chaos insurgency picks it up and dispatches its nearest cell to go to the site and captures both SCP's and Personal to aid in their fight against the foundation. Both sides MTF/Foundation Personal and Chaos Insurgency would be deployed to a map of a ruined/destroyed site and would fight to capture zones and items (Similar to anomoumoly and briefcase surface events) in a struggle to either save or ransack the facility. as the fight continues so would the situation with possible scenarios like loss of power, sealing of emergency bulkheads, and other emergency scenarios (Possibly a warhead sound signal extract times). once both teams extract either due to forces losses or out-of-control scenarios they would each respectively debrief and the event would end.

List an example mission for each of the following:
O-1: An emergency call coming from the ethics wing prompts O-1 Operatives to conduct investigations into who is really there with good intentions and who isn't.
A-1: A dedicated and world-renowned journalist and reporter has heard talk of a mysterious group called the SCP Foundation and their equally elusive leaders the "Overseers" A-1 works to protect their hidden secrets from being exposed at the hands of the media
Nu-7: An intercepted espionage agent was interrogated into giving up the location of multiple SCP objects being transported for unauthorized research NU-7 is deployed to stop the spread of an info breach.
E-11: A new instance of SCP-966 reported through disappearances and a series of dead bodies in a rural town, E-11 is sent out to contain and retrieve the newest addition to their facility while attempting to prevent a public incident due to the nature of the mission.
CI: Through kidnapping and interrogation the Chaos Insurgency has been alerted of a foundation convoy moving to support one of their sites with payroll and weaponry, being unable to resist the possible influx of cash and guns the Chaos Insurgency set out to strengthen their organization through means of robbery.
UNGOC: Alerted to a pinewood citizen seeking asylum in a faraway country planning on sharing knowledge about the weird happenings of the UN in the town the UNGOC move to prevent the citizen from speaking and avoid a potential international incident which would compromise their secrecy.
Foundation Staff: weird things keep happening in the facility. Doors are left open, Files are deleted from computers, and rooms are found in disarray from their original state. foundation staff move to figure out what is going on and if the reason is human or something more anomalous

Last edited:

"Recker"

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
Neutral;

Events are extremely vague in some areas and could use some improvement. Application could also use a formatting update so it is easier to read.

Mitski

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Mar 8, 2023
+/- Support
- Events need more description

I recommend using colors to make it easier to pinpoint what is what.

JohnCSmith

Dec 5, 2022
+ SUPPORT

I see him active practically every day.
Had a 1-on-1 with him and he has a lot of interesting ideas he seems passionate about implementing.

Knows how to be strict in character but also when to chill out and be humorous when the time calls for it.

stee ven

Aug 12, 2022
SCP-2217
Application Denied

Hi @KingOfCommon
On behalf of the Game Master Team, I would like to thank you for making an application for the position of Trial Game Master, this is to inform you that as of right now you have been denied for the position of Trial Game Master.

For you to be accepted, I would like to see you flesh out your MTF missions and small events more before we bring you onto the team, contact myself at harold,#5927 if you would like further information regarding your denial

You may re-apply in 2 weeks time

Kind Regards,
Event Team Supervisor Stee Ven

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.