Kiryu's 2nd Deputy Director of Research Application [USA]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiryu

Dec 23, 2022
Detroit, Michigan
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:179373502
Discord name: Mr.I [.kurgerbing]
For how long have you played on CG SCP: I have roughly 850 to 900 hours on the server
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: EST
Character name(s): Foundation: Kiryu
Chaos Insurgency: Nishiki
Civilian name: Majima
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA​

Do you have a mic?:
Yes I do!

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Executive Researcher (Holding)
IA Ambassador (Holding)
Nu7 CPL (Holding)
E-11 CPL (Held)
CI-G (Held)
Ethics Committee Assistant (Holding)
SCP-096 [Holding]

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
None

Why are you applying for Director of Research?:
I am applying for Director of Research because of my passion for the research department. This department is where I started and what I've devoted most of my time on the server towards. I care about this department and want to contribute my experience, skills, and knowledge to help make this department the best it could possibly be. Not only that but I want to assist the current DoR Darby on his efforts and vision of the department. I love helping researchers, giving lectures, approving tests, and helping design and push for policy changes to better the department. My ability to do the things I love in this department is further expanded on if I were to become Director.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
I'm believe I am the most suitable candidate for Director of Research for a variety of reasons. For starters, I have a lot of time and experience within the research department. Being executive for roughly six months I have worked with several directors and SA on a numerous amount of things pertaining to the department. As a result, I obviously have an excellent understanding of what the job holds. Another great quality I have is my activity. I am on as much as possible (usually during the ungodly hours, not to say I wouldn't be on at other times). I also am extremely approachable and friendly. People aren't afraid to talk to me about questions, concerns, or help they might need.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
The work required of a Director of Research can be separated intro three different areas:

Research
This is a given when it comes to Director of Research. It is up to the Director to ensure that the department is operating efficiently and smoothly. Staying on site and being readily available to researchers is crucial. Director of Research also has increased authority when it comes to sampling and cross tests. For cross tests, the Director can approve Euclid->Euclid and Safe->Keter cross tests. The Director also has the ability to approve SCP-008-2 sampling. It is also extremely crucial that the Director of Research review tests before they go to Site Admin and Site Command, should the test need approval from them. The Director also should be diligent in taking concerns of the researchers and acting on those concerns.

Off Site Affairs
The Director also has a number of off site responsibilities as well. These are to be available if needed while off site. This is done by being willing to receive emails (DM's on discord) for situations or issues that might be present on site. It is also up to the Director of Research to host meetings with the executive team weekly, discussing the status of the department and the activity of everyone involved. Another crucial off site role is the handling of executive researcher applications and candidates. The Director should present applications to the executive team and discuss the candidate with the executive team. Should an applicant be hired, it is also up to the Director to onboard them into the role, as well as provide them with proper materials such as the roster and the ban logs.

Administrative Affairs
The Director of Research will need to be working closely with Site Administration and Site Command on a variety of matters, this work with ensure that the department is running smoothly. This work with primarily consists of revising and reworking rules, policies and ensuring they are following CoE and CoC. The Director will also need to communicate with other departments on the site to help keep relations between them strong and healthy. This results in smoother testing, and possible experiments to open up.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
I have been writing my character's lore on this document:

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this application
-Kiryu

Mayuri

Mar 17, 2023
+Major Support
-active on research
-great exec
-been a researcher for a while now
-great guy

-plays like a god (add me cuh)

• Love
Reactions: Kiryu

Fidel

Jan 9, 2023
Taco land
+++Support!

Greatest Yakuza enjoyer. Really dedicated to RP for research and active. Takes care of the lower researchers and their activities. Totally deserving the position

Last edited:
  • Love

TootsMcScoots

Jun 18, 2023
+support very BASED and yakuza pilled
+Have come along for a few tests, all well thought out and enjoyable
+Friendly and professional
+Makes real solid presentation

• Love

Slab

Sep 1, 2022
Clearance Level: 4

To: Kiryu

Subject: Foundation Site-65 Role Assignment

Dear @Kiryu, thank you for applying for the position. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application. The Site Administration team has thoroughly reviewed your application, and we are pleased to inform you that you have been selected to move on to the next stage of the selection process.

Reactions: Florenzo
Status
Not open for further replies.