Kiryu's 2nd Executive Researcher Application [USA]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiryu

Dec 23, 2022
Detroit, Michigan
Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:179373502
Discord name: Kurger Bing #0046
For how long have you played on CG SCP: I have around 500 hours on the server. I've been playing since December 2022.
In what country are you located?: United States
Time zone: EST
Character name(s): Foundation: Kiryu
Chaos Insurgency: Nishiki
Civilian name: Goro Majima
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA

Do you have a mic?:
Yes I do!

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Executive Researcher [Held]
CI-G [Held]
E-11 CPL [Held]
SCP-096 [Holding]
Ethics Committee Assistant [Held]

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
Nothing

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
I'm applying for executive because even after taking a break, the thing I missed most was the research department. Being there for researchers, teaching them, approving tests, pushing for changes to further the department. I dedicate most of my time on research and it's the thing I enjoy playing the most. It's not just being a mentor for researchers that was fun, it was also the world of testing that unlocks for you as an executive. While testing isn't an utmost priority for an executive as they must be assisting researchers, it is nice to have access to a more interesting world of testing.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?
I have a lot of experience on the server, and despite taking a hiatus for roughly a month, I've still managed to retain a lot of the qualities that made me suitable, not just retain, but also gotten even more experience. For starters, I am an excellent role model and teacher. I happily assist Jr or regular Researchers however I can, and also try to show them the ropes. Not only that, but I have been very active as of late, and it's only been improving. I am very friendly and approachable, people aren't afraid to come up and ask questions and I take pride in that. So to sum things up, not only do I have great past experience, I also am improving on that experience today, I'm not here to just swoop in and be inactive.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
I have written 15 excellent documents and have done a lot of large CL4 projects in the past. I've recently managed to write up three excellent documents that I am proud of.

From my experience from writing documents, I have learned a lot on what makes a document excellent. Organization is a big key, an index sets a very nice professional mood to the paper at the start. Pay attention to details! It's important to be very specific with descriptions of events, hypothesis, findings, and conclusions. Adding a nice photo gallery with subtitles adds a lot more to your paper, gives the reader a visual to apply to what is happening. Grammar is obviously important, clarity is very important when writing a paper. A credits page crediting all the people who partook in an experiment is very professional and looks very good. A materials page is nice if you used a decent chunk of materials. (E.g Syringes, Headcams, etc.)

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
Executive is a big step up from Senior Researcher. The most important thing is that it isn't a glorified senior researcher. Instead of being the one doing all of the testing, you are the one teaching and mentoring the testing. It is your job to approve credits, testing, answer questions, and overall assist researchers in every way possible. As an executive you have the authority to approve certain tests, like cross tests, single CL4 tests, and sampling of SCP's. As an executive, you also serve as a gateway for testing that might need higher authority to approve.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
I have been writing my character's lore on this document:

Thank you for reading this application, I hope to be back working with you all again!
-Kiryu​

Zero Hero

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 15, 2022
To: kiryu@scpf.int
Subject: Application Verdict

| Application Accepted |

Greetings Kiryu,

This is a message composed by the Research Directorate to inform you that your application for the position of Executive Researcher has been accepted. We thank you for taking the time to apply for this position; please contact a member of the Research Directorate to receive formal training in preparation for the position. Do not flag on until given permission to do so.

You may contact either myself (Don't forget Hawaii#8207) or Dpt. Director Lunaro (Bees#4431) to progress your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.