Kiryu's Deputy Director of Research Application [USA]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiryu

Dec 23, 2022
Detroit, Michigan
Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:179373502
Discord name: Kurger Bing #0046
For how long have you played on CG SCP: I have around 500 hours on the server. I've been playing since December 2022.
In what country are you located?: United States
Time zone: EST
Character name(s): Foundation: Kiryu
Chaos Insurgency: Nishiki
Civilian name: Goro Majima
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA

Do you have a mic?:
Yes I do!

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Executive Researcher [Holding]
CI-G [Holding]

E-11 CPL [Holding]
SCP-096 [Holding]

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
None

Why are you applying for Director of Research?
The reason I am applying for Director of Research is because of the passion I have for the research department as a whole. I would be willing to say that about 80% percent of my time is on the Executive role. I love assisting researchers on their testing, hearing their ideas, helping them conduct their tests, and overall seeing them grow and thrive in the department. As the Director, I'd be able to do all of that, but to much greater heights. I want to help manage the department and ensure everything is operating smoothly. Not just that, but I would want to ensure that the state of the department continues to grow and get better, based on our past two Directors efforts. Lastly, I want to do my best to help assist our current Director Lunaro in their goals in helping the department remain healthy and enacting changes to make the department even better.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
I am suitable for Director of Research because of several reasons. To start, I am very good at taking initiative and acting as a good leader. I am constantly assisting researchers whenever they might need me. Doesn't matter what I may be doing, assisting researchers and the executive team will always be my TOP priority! Not just that, but I am very friendly and approachable. I will always be willing to help anyone who comes up to me anyway I possibly can. Another reason I am very suitable is my activity, I am on every single day, at a variety of different hours (commonly I will be at the ungodly hours however). I take pride in how active I am in the department.

Yet another reason why I am suitable for this role is the experience I have gained during my time as an executive. I have been playing on the role of executive researcher since February. (Roughly about 3 and a half months) During this time I have already been doing a lot of work that the Director already does. I assist researchers and educate them on how to run very smooth and fruitful tests. I achieve this by shadowing tests, hosting lectures on a variety of topics, and just simply talking with the researchers about testing ideas. I provide insight on possible candidates for an executive researcher as well as assist newly hired executives in adjusting to their new role on site. I authorize a variety of cross tests and sampling tests as well as help connect a researcher for a test that needs higher authority to approve. I am also very consistent at arriving to our weekly meetings and have a good understanding of how to run these meetings.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
The work required of a Director of Research can be separated intro three different areas:

Research
This is a given when it comes to Director of Research. It is up to the Director to ensure that the department is operating efficiently and smoothly. Staying on site and being readily available to researchers is crucial. Director of Research also has increased authority when it comes to sampling and cross tests. For cross tests, the Director can approve Euclid->Euclid and Safe->Keter cross tests. The Director also has the ability to approve SCP-008-2 sampling. It is also extremely crucial that the Director of Research review tests before they go to Site Admin and Site Command, should the test need approval from them. The Director also should be diligent in taking concerns of the researchers and acting on those concerns.

Off Site Affairs
The Director also has a number of off site responsibilities as well. These are to be available if needed while off site. This is done by being willing to receive emails (DM's on discord) for situations or issues that might be present on site. It is also up to the Director of Research to host meetings with the executive team weekly, discussing the status of the department and the activity of everyone involved. Another crucial off site role is the handling of executive researcher applications and candidates. The Director should present applications to the executive team and discuss the candidate with the executive team. Should an applicant be hired, it is also up to the Director to onboard them into the role, as well as provide them with proper materials such as the roster and the ban logs.

Administrative Affairs
The Director of Research will need to be working closely with Site Administration and Site Command on a variety of matters, this work with ensure that the department is running smoothly. This work with primarily consists of revising and reworking rules, policies and ensuring they are following CoE and CoC. The Director will also need to communicate with other departments on the site to help keep relations between them strong and healthy. This results in smoother testing, and possible experiments to open up.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
I have been writing my character's lore on this document:

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this application!
-Kiryu​

Last edited:

Mayuri

Mar 17, 2023
+ Major Support
-Very Active on Executive Researcher
-Knows how to properly educate people
-Writes amazing Documents
-Overall just a Great dude

sprucerrr

Mar 30, 2023
+Masive Support
+Great Exec
+Great RP
+Fun to be around
+Great at educating

my dude deserves it

Hypnotoad

Feb 7, 2023
+ Support

One of the most active Research Personnel I know, im sure he will do great things in the position, good luck.

Moop

Feb 25, 2023
+Support
Very nice.
Would fit the responsible role of Director Of Research, I know he will be good.

Unit

Dec 28, 2022
+support
- Amazing Exec
- Super Active
- Great person
- All around great and most obvious fit for DoR

Asp

May 17, 2022

From the Office of Site Administration

Regarding Director of Research Application - [ "Kiryu" ]
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Application on Hold

Thank you for taking the time to apply for the position of Director of Research.
Your application has been put on hold.
If there is an opening for this position it will be be taken off hold, otherwise it will be denied in one weeks time on 05/09/2023.

Please contact myself with any questions regarding your application.​

Asp

May 17, 2022
Clearance Level: 4
To: Kiryu
Subject: Foundation Site-65 Role Assignment

Hello, @Kiryu. Thank you for taking the time to apply for this position. After deliberation between the members of Site Administration, we have come to a conclusion regarding your application. This application is to be denied. Elaboration on your denial is available if you decide to get in contact with Site Administration. You may re-apply in two weeks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.