Kiryu's ECM Application [USA]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiryu

Dec 23, 2022
Detroit, Michigan
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:179373502
Discord name: Kurger Bing [.kurgerbing]
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Roughly around 1000 hours. I've been playing since December 2022.
In what country are you located?: U.S.A
Time zone: EST
Character name(s): Foundation: Kiryu
Chaos Insurgency: Nishiki
Civilian name: Majima
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA​

Do you have a mic?:
Yes I do!

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Director of Research (Holding)
Executive Researcher (Held)
IA Ambassador (Held)
Nu7 CSG (Holding)
E-11 CPL (Held)
CI-G (Held)
Ethics Committee Assistant (Held)
Overseer Assistant (Holding)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
Nothing

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:
I am applying for Ethics Committee Member. I am applying for numerous reasons. I wish to influence and foster more RP for the server as a whole. I care for the server and want to help make it an enjoyable experience for everyone. I believe I have a skillset that the Ethics Committee would greatly benefit from, (elaborated more in the next question). And naturally, I see it to be the next step in where I want to go in the server. The Ethics Committee as a whole is one of my favorite parts of the SCP universe, and I would love to be a part of it.

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:
There are several reasons why I am the best candidate:

Leadership
I am an efficient and consistent leader. Throughout my time in the research command team from Executive to Director (spanning roughly seven months total), I have become a strong role model and leader for many. I have many qualities that a good leader should have. I am extremely professional, always setting a great example for those I am leading. I am very friendly, meaning people aren't scared to approach me on matters, even if the issue might be about myself. I am stern when it is needed of me, but not to the point where it might deter. I am dedicated to the department I run as well as the team I manage, I would and I do whatever it takes to ensure my department is the best it can be. I also am very good at enforcing policy as well, and try to be very efficient. I do not mess around with enforcing policy, I am very diligent to see to it that something is done if policy is broken.

Experience

I have a vast and immense amount of experience all around the site. My work throughout the many roles I hold and have held have helped me develop this clear understanding of the site and how it operates. The most notable of all this work however is my work within the research department. I have been a member of the research command team since February, and the Director since early August. The time and work I have given has built phenomenal skills in creating policy, organization, and management. I also have experience in working closely with Site Command, and have a decent understanding of how site command operates from my time as both an ECA and an OA.

Activity and Communication

I am as active as I possibly can be. I'm on frequently at various times throughout the days and weeks. Not only am I very active, but I also am extremely easy to reach and communicate with. I'm always available when possible on site, and usually ALWAYS available off site through discord DM's. There is usually never a communication issue when it comes to me, I am very efficient when it comes to communicating. I also am very good at communicating with other departments. I always keep my door open for other department heads and am not afraid to reach out if I need to.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:
There are several responsibilities in RP:

Code of Ethics
The most obvious, and important thing the Ethics Committee handles is the Code of Ethics. They manage, revise, uphold, and enforce this document. It is their responsibility to ensure it is being followed and respected, and violations should be dealt with very swiftly.

Omega-1 "Law's Left Hand"
The Ethics Committee has a Mobile Task Force at their disposal. This task force answers only to the Ethics Committee and carries out orders that the Ethics Committee gives them. They are commonly known to protect and guard the Ethics Committee as they operate on site.

Authorization
The Ethics Committee being site command has the final say on authorization for many things. They handle and approve cross testing up to Keter-Keter, as well as any tests that involve SCP-008. They authorize KOS orders on D-Class in case things in D-Block or on site get out of hand. They authorize Advanced Armory usage for MTF groups in the event breaches grow out of control.

Code Black Procedures
The Ethics Committee are responsible for ensuring Code Black Procedures are rolled out swiftly should they need to be. They call the code black, and manage and oversee evacuation procedures of the site and ensure everyone is evacuated swiftly. Upon successful evacuation, they closely communicate with MTF groups and ERT on the status of the breach, and should all hope be lost and ERT fails, they are able to nuke the site.

Department Reviews
The Ethics Committee works closely with their assistants to gain information on the departments and MTF groups on site. These reviews are to ensure the department and it's leaders are upholding and aren't in violation of the Code of Ethics. It also serves as a way for Department Leaders to gain an understanding of how their department is performing, how they can do better, and what they are doing correctly.

Assistants
The Ethics Committee has a team of Assistants at their disposal. They manage the assistant team, and give them orders to perform on site. As well as their department reviews.

Overall, The Ethics Committee is the decider of a line and where it's placed. They define and determine what needs to be done ("necessary evil") and they determine what is unacceptable. This includes actions of everyone on site, and their grasp and decision of this line even reaches the O5 Council and their actions.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
The Ethics Committee handles and votes on the following applications:
Director of Internal Affairs
Ethics Committee Assistants
Ethics Committee Members

Not only do they handle these applications, but they also need to be able to communicate off site efficiently.

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:
I have been compiling my characters lore on this document:

A HUGE thank you for consideration, as well as a thank you for reading this application!
-Kiryu

Last edited:

Scopes

May 2, 2022
Michigan
-Support

I have not seen any improvements regarding Research. You need to stay in it longer before you move to another position. Also your activity is spotty and I have not seen you on recently.

Second

+support active, well known, good guy.

-Support

I have not seen any improvements regarding Research. You need to stay in it longer before you move to another position. Also your activity is spotty and I have not seen you on recently.
He is by far the most active Dpt. Director research has had in a while, honestly probably one of the most active in general. The fact that you could say this but +support other candidates who barely play at all is such a questionable thing. Research is improving under Kiryu, and as EC he could only do more.

Check your facts before you comment next time, save yourself the trouble. You are SL you can check VTime.

• Love
Reactions: Kiryu

Chad

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
+support I believe research has improved a lot during your time as DoR. I believe you have been DoR for quite a while now and you're super active. Keep up the good work!

• Love
Reactions: Kiryu

Ogre

Oct 2, 2022
+Support, but I also believe you need more experience and resigning from ECA for OSA doesnt make you look as reputable for ECM

Last edited:

Lunaro

Oct 23, 2022
+ Support

Kiryu has done good work for the Research Department - his work has been more internally with Executives alongside Darby. While his playtime has changed to mornings (if I'm not mistaken), he's still active on and off-site. He's done his work to better Research, and I believe he'll do good as an Ethics Member. Kiryu is also very approachable, and is easy to talk to, and work with regarding policy changes, overall enforcing a vision/goal for Research, and more. He's been in multiple CL-4 roles, including OSA and ECA, and he has shown his dedication to said roles when he was in them.

I will say (as I have told you separately) you do need a little bit more time as DoR in my eyes, but I think you've spent enough time to understand the responsibilities of a Sr. CL-4 position, and what CL-5 may look like for you. Again, you will do great as an ECM! Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: Kiryu and Chad
Status
Not open for further replies.