Kiryu's Executive Researcher Application (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiryu

Dec 23, 2022
Detroit, Michigan
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:179373502
Discord name: Kurger Bing#0046
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 143 hours
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: EST
Character name(s): Kiryu
Civilian name: Goro Majima
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA

Do you have a mic?:
Yes!

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
SCP-096(Holding)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
None

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?

I have been playing a lot of researcher and I've noticed during the very late hours that I am on, there aren't many on usually. Not trying to discredit any Exec., they all do a great job! I hope to provide an extra set of hands to the Research Department to help them run more efficiently and effectively. I want to help provide more assistance to researchers trying to further their career and testing on the server. There is also a whole world of very interesting tests that could take place with the right approval, and I also would like to assist in that process for other researchers looking to do some bold experiments.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?

I believe I'm suitable for this role as I have gathered a lot of experience doing various tests on the server. I have put a lot of effort into the research I conduct. I try my hardest to provide effective, worthwhile, and interesting tests. I also love to help other people out. I love the idea of being able to be there for researchers that want test ideas approved, questions answered, guidance on a test, or just credits approved. I feel like I have set a good example for other researchers so far, as many have asked me questions, or asked to attend my experiments that I conduct. I like to believe that I am a good leader and can continue to set a good role model for other researchers to follow.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?

I have written only two excellent graded documents. I do have 3 others in the works, I'm just having a rough time getting the approval I need for some of the tests I'm trying to conduct. I do put a lot of effort into these documents though, I usually will spend a decent 45-60 minutes working on one to make sure it is perfect as possible.

From my experience from writing documents, I have learned a lot on what makes a document excellent. Organization is a big key, an index sets a very nice professional mood to the paper at the start. Pay attention to details! It's important to be very specific with descriptions of events, hypothesis, findings, and conclusions. Adding a nice photo gallery with subtitles adds a lot more to your paper, gives the reader a visual to apply to what is happening. Grammar is obviously important, clarity is very important when writing a paper. A credits page crediting all the people who partook in an experiment is very professional and looks very good. A materials page is nice if you used a decent chunk of materials. (E.g Syringes, Headcams, etc.)

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:

Executive researcher is a big step up from a normal researcher. As an executive you do a lot more than test. It is an executive researcher's duty to support researchers in their tests and ideas. Helping newcomers learn how the research department operates is a big one. Assisting other researchers with tests they may be conducting, make sure they are following proper protocol. Inform researchers you are available to hear out their ideas for testing they might have. Some might need approval for a test, and it is up to the executive researcher to deem if they are worthy of that approval. If they aren't, don't discourage them, help them think from another angle that might lead to better ideas that have more purpose.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

(I would like to make note that my background for Kiryu is set after the events of Yakuza 6, I didn't want to give up the swag name so I wrote in essence an entire fanfiction essentially.)

Kazama Kiryu watched in the distance at his precious orphanage. The kids he had taken in were his pride and joy, and now he had to leave it all behind, for their safety. After faking his own death, he couldn’t stay in Japan, not with his past and the target on his very recognizable face. He needed somewhere to go, something he could do for the remainder of his days. He wanted something that he could finally enjoy in life, of course it wouldn’t ever be better than raising those kids, but he didn’t want to be miserable. His age certainly hasn’t caught up with him yet. Despite those brutish looks of his, he always had smarts and wits in that brain. He managed to run several businesses on a wim, and gained a lot of experience at that. He decided to sharpen that tool and head out west to the land of opportunity.

Money in his pocket and a goal in mind, he sought out a place where he could refine his skills in the sciences. He managed to secure a spot at MIT. Strings were pulled and a lot of effort was put into his application and resume, but he managed to get a spot. This was his chance to make it big for himself, but he didn’t want to draw attention to himself. It’s hard to make moves when you’re someone like Kiryu, he doesn’t want the wrong people watching. He worked hard through his undergrad, testing the playing field in the many areas science had to offer. He was gaining knowledge and passion, but still hasn’t pinpointed what he needs to do with that spark. He loved how much environmental science thought of the future, but he also loved the extremely critical thinking and testing that material science and physics offered. As hard as a masters in physics would be, he had a goal and an opportunity, so he took it. He managed to get into an accelerated program and tackled his masters in physics. Little did Kiryu know, despite his best efforts of staying under the radar, there were people watching. He should have expected it, if people looked close enough at some details, there were holes in the death he had staged. If the right people wanted to find him, they could, especially when making moves at such a well known college. He didn’t fret however, he’s been through this rodeo one too many times.

The people who had their sights set on Kiryu were the foundation. Kiryu hadn’t caught the foundation’s eyes right away of course. Once he managed to get his way into MIT, it was when they noticed. What they saw really piqued their interest. An Ex-Yakuza entering a prestigious school in the U.S. Such an extensive history, and it dated back quite a long time. Not just that, but he faked his death, that really caught their eyes as well. He had nothing to his name anymore, he was effectively off the radar. They saw great potential in Kiryu, so they kept their eyes on him throughout his career at MIT. His outstanding advancements in his college career had given the foundation everything they needed to offer him a spot at one of their facilities.

When Kiryu received the offer, he was relieved but not completely. If these people could find out, he certainly didn’t doubt other people could as well. However, it was good these people found him first. He did not want his past creeping up on him again. Like it always does. The foundation could not only be his escape, but a way for him to pursue his passions and support the orphanage he cares about so much. He decided to take their offer, and start his position as a researcher at Site-56. He hasn’t forgotten about the kids he loves though. Through a very close friend, he is able to get them funds in support of them, without it catching any eyes. No one will question a close family friend delivering the funds to his family, in support of a close family member who was lost.

Kiryu adapted into his new role very well. This is what he worked hard for, it’s the next best thing, and he can finally leave his past behind him. He spent a good while throughout the ranks as a researcher. He made sure to conduct tests very effectively and professionally. Working hard to help the foundation further its understanding of the many anomalies that it contains. Eventually working his way up to the rank of senior researcher. At this rank, he was able to perform his research at levels he couldn’t imagine. As he continued to work hard for the foundation, he realized that he needed to take his skills to the next level. He cared about this department and the people he worked with, and wanted to see it grow and operate as efficiently as possible. Why wouldn’t he? He owes so much to this facility, helping him support the ones he loves and keeping his past from getting in the way like it has many times before. Believing he has the experience necessary, he is ready to throw his hat in the ring at the executive researcher role, so he can continue to help his department, and the foundation grow, as well as those on the outside who he cares about the most.

That concludes my application! Thank you for reading! (Still learning how to do fancy formatting like everyone else does, I hope this wasn't a hard read!)

-Kiryu

Randalls

Oct 26, 2022
Incoming Message: Directorate of Site-56 Research

==========================================================================================================

LE82H2w.png

==========================================================================================================

Greetings, Kiryu!

I would first like to thank you for expressing interest into, and taking the time to apply for the position of Executive Researcher within the Site-56 Research Department. This effort is much appreciated.

Upon review, your application has been put on pending.

You will be contacted for an interview.

For further questions, please contact myself over email. (asomeJFK#7561)

=========================================================================================================​

Randalls

Oct 26, 2022
Incoming Message: Directorate of Site-56 Research

LE82H2w.png

Greetings, Kiryu!

I would first like to thank you for expressing interest into, and taking the time to apply for the position of Executive Researcher within the Site-56 Research Department. This effort is much appreciated.

Upon review, your application has been accepted.

You will be contacted for training.

For further questions, please contact myself over email. (asomeJFK#7561)

You may contact your local RAISA Officer (server staff) for your credentials. (whitelist)

=========================================================================================================​

Status
Not open for further replies.