Knights OA Application [US]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRE

Oct 27, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:158062459

Discord Name: MRE#0348

For How long have you played CH SCPRP: Almost 1000 hours.

Time Zone: PST

Character Names: Bag Alert (formerly), Knight, "The Habitual"

Civi name: Randy Romania

Server Applying for: USA

Mic? Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held. I have held 01 Maj twice now (and still am), ECA, CI-A, NU7 LCPL Twice.

Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? Just a naming con for being Peter Griffin (this was when i first joined the server)

What makes you the best candidate for Overseer Assistant?: I have months of Senior CL4 Experience. I also have very good leadership capabilities, and am able to keep a calm head on my shoulders during intense situations. I also have the ability to RP well, allowing for events to work and to create server lore with those i interact with. I also get along well with my superiors, and am able to get things done quickly and efficiently in timely manner. And lastly, I am incredibly active on the server, and foundation specifically.

What are the responsibilities of Overseer Assistants in RP?: They essentially carry out orders for 05. They are their eyes and ears when not on site. They are also expected to uphold site operations in absence of 05 and SC in order to ensure order. For example, they can Auth AA, issue kill orders, and issue sweeps of dblock in place of SC's absence. And lastly, they are normally expected to make reports of departments for 05 to review, whether it be the department as whole or a certain member in said department to evaluate their position.

Please give some lore about your Overseer Assistant character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Former ECA "Mysophobia" -now executive researcher Cayde- is promptly woken by a phone ringing in his dormitory. Hazy from his deep sleep, Cayde stammers towards the phone, trying his best to wake up before picking up the call.

Phone Records DOR Office --> Executive Cayde's Dormitory. 5:36:08 AM
Yello?
Cayde, have you prepared the prososal for the meeting with the council?
Yeah, didnt i email you the details?
Let me go check, stay on the line.
*Typing and ruffling sounds in the background
Oh yep, here it is.
Glad it made its way over to you. Is there anything else i can help you with?
No, but remember, this is your first audience with the council. A good impression can lead to a bright future.
I understand, see you at 12.
- End Record. 5:39:35 AM

Meeting Log: 12:01:13 PM
Hello -[REDACTED], thank you for finding time to entertain our proposal.
No need for formalities, the pleasure is all mine. Now, please proceed.
Right, well DOR Emily and I both believe that we may have made progress towards our understanding of SCP-049 and towards the goal of curing those infected by SCP-008. After multiple sessions discussing with SCP-049, we came to the conclusion that many details he describes of the pestilence overlap with known effects of SCP-008.
Where are you going with this?
We believe that if we can introduce SCP-049 to an SCP-008 instance, we may be able to discover more about the pestilence and SCP-008 itself. Safety procedures inclu-
I've heard enough. I'm going to officially deny this.
But sir i-
Did I not make myself clear?
*Brief silence
We'll show ourselves out, thank you for your time.
Cayde, a word please. Alone.
*Sound of door closing in the background
I've read your Foundation File. It says you a former Ethics Assitant?
Yes sir.
Then why did you leave?
I found that Ethics wasn't the right place for me. I found that we had opposing views when dealing with issues.
Please Elaborate.
Well, i have always believed that the ends justify the means. We get dirty, the world stays clean, that type of thing. But Ethics does not share the same views, and i found that i couldnt in good faith continue my work there.
Well, i dont believe you deserve to be an executive.
Sir?
I am impressed with your resumee, along with your outstanding work in our research department. Recently, the Council has been looking for those who are willing to do the utmost they can for the prosperity of the foundation, regardless of the price. We believe you have a bright future, and on behalf of the council, would like to officially offer you a position as an Overseer Assitant. You start tomorrow 6AM sharp. Alpha-1 will accompany you and help you situate yourself.
Sir, this is a great offer bu-
Oh, i think i forgot to mention, this is a job offer you cant turn down. I look forward to your assistance in the coming months.
End Log: 12:05: 57 PM

Disclaimer, this post is edited because my original Lore and details describing the job of OA was lackluster and i personally was not prideful in my application. I have gone through and am now satisfied with this application, and whether or not it is denied, i appreciate your time and consideration :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 3849

+Support

Very Cool Guy, and very dedicated to the roles that they play. Kachow

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
+/- Neutral
Has experience however I have noticed some issues with maturity that is not up to standard with typical senior CL4s. (SS's of comms which may seem unprofessional or immature). Experience also lines up better with getting an ECA position rather than an OA position however it doesn't really matter.
Also voluntarily walked into 008, got infected and killed 2 E-11 biohazards before being killed by nerve gas yesterday which was a bit strange.
1683272613379.png
1683272635829.png
1683272666179.png
1683272690964.png

Pyro

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jul 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
+Support

- Lots of experience
- Amazing Applioation
- Great Interactions (Plays like a god)

MRE

Oct 27, 2022
+/- Neutral
Has experience however I have noticed some issues with maturity that is not up to standard with typical senior CL4s. (SS's of comms which may seem unprofessional or immature). Experience also lines up better with getting an ECA position rather than an OA position however it doesn't really matter.
Also voluntarily walked into 008, got infected and killed 2 E-11 biohazards before being killed by nerve gas yesterday which was a bit strange.
View attachment 7169
View attachment 7170
View attachment 7171
View attachment 7172
regarding professionalism, there are moments when professionalism is needed and key, and there are moments late at night where people are having fun. To nitpick these harmless comms as unprofessional seems a bit odd, however anyone who has ever worked with me on something serious will know that i am professional, i just believe that at the end of the day its ok to have fun on a gmod server at the appropriate times, also maybe send a bit of context to those screenshots. They are goofy but they are not out of nowhere except the ice cream one.

At the end of the day, i still appreciate you taking the time to read my application and giving me your thoughts.

Kinhea

Dec 5, 2022
+Support
- Very dedicated to the server and jobs that are given to him
- Has been an amazing CO in Omega-1 and one of our longest lasting
- Very professional when needed and knows when to be funny
- Has CL4 experience

Knight is an extremely good candidate for this position and I'm sure he'll do extremely well. This is coming from being his COM and watching him helping us make Omega-1 a much better regiment compared to previously, I'm sure that he'll treat his position with the utmost respect and dedication. I wish you luck Knight, I hope you get the position!

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
regarding professionalism, there are moments when professionalism is needed and key, and there are moments late at night where people are having fun. To nitpick these harmless comms as unprofessional seems a bit odd, however anyone who has ever worked with me on something serious will know that i am professional, i just believe that at the end of the day its ok to have fun on a gmod server at the appropriate times, also maybe send a bit of context to those screenshots. They are goofy but they are not out of nowhere except the ice cream one.

At the end of the day, i still appreciate you taking the time to read my application and giving me your thoughts.
Yeah of course, I just don't have any other interactions with you so what I see in comms and what I see as A-1 represents my opinion, it was less nitpicking and just finding examples at that given time, my only real issue there was running into 008. Like I said, you're a good candidate and I believe you are professional when needed but you should try to appear more professional to people outside Ethics/O-1.
This is a very toxic and gatekeeping mentality imo, this server is not a Fire Emblem game. It isn't like you choose 1 thing and set your path for the rest of the server.
Not saying he wouldn't be a good OA, I'm just saying he has a lot of experience with ethics and that experience would better translate to being an ECA, it is a slightly redundant comment but it isn't at all "very toxic and gatekeeping", it's like saying a DoM wouldnt make an amazing IA director, experience is there, just not in the exact same field, though with ECA and OA it does translate a bit better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.