HELD:
  • Site Director
HOLDING:
  • Executive Researcher
  • MTF E-11 SGT
  • DEA Special Agent

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
No.

Why are you applying for Director of Research?

I am applying for Director of Research because Research will need an experienced and dedicated Department Director once John Iceland’s resignation goes into effect. The Research Command team has seen a decline since Randal Murphy resigned in February. To be specific, the Command team has lacked some vital organizational capabilities, and transparency between the DoR and the executive team has faltered. In my bid for DoR, I seek to fill these gaps and create a stronger department which produces much more reliable and consistent results.

There are a few core solutions which will achieve this:

• Better communications between Site Administration and the Research Department.
    As DoR, I will work with Site Administration closely to ensure that necessary policy changes and additions are made quickly and efficiently. For too long the Research Department has been bogged down by inefficient bureaucracy. I will efficiently and effectively work with SA to ensure that this will no longer be the case.
  • Joint-departmental operations.
    As DoR, I will encourage joint research ventures to improve relations and the site as a whole. By forming stronger bonds between departments, communication becomes much smoother, which benefits everyone involved. Organizing these events between departments will also provide new perspectives into research which can help to refocus efforts and provide new, creative concepts for researchers to work with.
  • Training researchers.
    As DoR, I will strive to revitalize our training efforts. I will encourage researchers both in and out of the command team to host lectures and conduct group studies. Education is the main priority of the Research Department, and it should go without saying for that mission objective to apply towards the education of our own researchers as well. Making sure that our researchers are prepared to conduct their tasks on-site will ensure that the department as a whole is strengthened.
  • Activity.
    Arguably the most important solution to the department’s stagnation is the increased activity and leadership of the DoRs. I will work closely and cordially with Director Lunaro and the executives to push for better activity department wide. Recently, some executives have felt demotivated because of the lack of DoR activity on-site. Sometimes, all it takes is a DoR to take initiative and lead by example to boost activity.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:

I have been with the Research Command team since January of this year. In this time, I have gained a comprehensive understanding of how the department functions, and what it demands from its DoRs. I have worked closely with Lunaro and other executives during this time. I have been vocal in the construction process for some policy changes and additions, such as the implementation of the ACS system.

My prolonged experience as an Executive Researcher also puts me above other candidates for the role, as I am fully versed in the expectations of an Executive. I have played a part in helping new Executives adjust to the position, which is one of the primary duties of a DoR. My experience as Site Director has also given me the necessary skills required for the management of a department, and prior tenure as a Senior CL4 makes me a better candidate as a result.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:

The Director of Research has a few responsibilities on-site. These include the following:

• Macro-management of the department. Give assignments to and counsel Executive Researchers. Uphold the Chain of Command.
  • Review cross-test approval requests, giving feedback and approve the requests as necessary.
  • Mentor all ranks of researchers. Provide orientation to new Executives and ensure that all Executives are conducting their duties properly
  • Communicate with peers, give and receive vital feedback to continually improve the department
  • Organize the department. Host meetings with the command team, keep tabs on the command team to form a strong bond between the DoRs and Executives.
  • Work cordially with other departments to accommodate policy changes. Communication and transparency will benefit everyone.
  • Handle Executive Researcher applications. Give Executives a chance to speak their thoughts about the applicant.
  • Oversee Research Operations and uphold the CoE and CoC respectively in regards to Research.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:

https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/kyle-ash-ringer.13585/

Last edited:

Florenzo

Dec 7, 2022
+Support
Great interactions
Active
Mature
Great person in general and would love to see him as deputy DoR for research.

Signed “Florenzo” Good Luck

Asp

May 17, 2022

From the Office of Site Administration

Regarding Director of Research Application - [ "Kyle Ringer" ]
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Application on Hold

Thank you for taking the time to apply for the position of Director of Research.
Your application has been put on hold.
If there is an opening for this position it will be be taken off hold, otherwise it will be denied in one weeks time on 05/09/2023.

Please contact myself with any questions regarding your application.​

Asp

May 17, 2022
Clearance Level: 4
To: Kyle Ringer
Subject: Foundation Site-65 Role Assignment

Hello, @Zero Hero. Thank you for taking the time to apply for this position. After deliberation between the members of Site Administration, we have come to a conclusion regarding your application. This application is to be accepted. A member of Site Administration will be in contact with you shortly, Congratulations on your new position.

Status
Not open for further replies.