Lily Zephyran's Site Advisor App [UK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vxnt

Jun 5, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:238482069
Discord name: vxnt
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Over a year at this point. Was a year in June.
In what country are you located?: UK / Scotland
Time zone: GMT+1
Character name(s): Lily Zephyran (previously Philip Adams)
Civilian name: Lil' Zeph
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Do you have a mic?:
-Yes, though I dont use it due to personal reasons. (Can be expanded on privately.)
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
-096 [Holding]
-ECA [Holding]

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
-2 NLR warns from June last year
-FailRP/RDM warn for bringing an OOC issue to IC with A1 from 12th September.

Why are you applying for Site Advisor?

Personal Goals

It is no secret that the site is not perfect, though I understand that as a site advisor I could not do it alone, I would like to start the ball rolling and work towards bettering the site as a whole. This would include working together with Directors of departments to assist where I can, offering my opinions and suggestions in relation to departmental matters and resolving on-going issues. The site's health depends solely on the members within it, if they do not work together, the site falls apart, and I intend to keep everyone and everything together.

Advancing my position
I have been an Ethics Assistant since late May, and did not originally intend on applying for any more roles in the future. However, in my time as an Ethics Assistant I've realised I cannot fully achieve my goals staying where I was, and as such I have decided to attempt to forward my position in the site. I see issues throughout the site, and I help where I can, but as a Jr CL4 I do not have much say in the matter, hence my application for a Sr CL4 position.

Site Administration Reputation
From what I've seen throughout the site, people view Site Admin are quite scary and that is fair. However I believe it'd be much better if they were seen as approachable and relatively friendly people. I understand everyone has a job to do, including Site Admin, however respect does not need to be earned through fear. I intend to be an approachable member of Site Admin and act as a bridge between the site as a whole and the department.

What makes you suitable for Site Administration?:

Activity

I believe it is fair to say that I am an incredibly active member of the site, and due to this I have become accustomed to how the site functions at different times in the day. Often the site is lacking in CL4 personnel early morning and late night, which is the time that I am most often on site. I believe a more active person is more beneficial for the site as a whole.

Willingness to Help
I have got a lot of experience as an Ethics Assistant helping people around the site, whether it is taking complaints from personnel or D-Class, keeping in contact with departments to keep them working as intended or helping to authorise tests for the research department.

Sociable
I love to interact with the site, and I do not want to be seen as someone who acts high and mighty. I believe that it is a lot easier to work with people if they see you more as a person, rather than a position. That's why I tend to act so friendly towards all site personnel. I can however be quite serious at times when it is needed, and I do not take lightly to situations that cause harm to others or the site.

Experience
I have experience in several different departments as I have previously mentioned and in doing so have built fairly strong and reliable relations with most departmental directors and Jr CL4s. I strongly believe that having good relations and easily being able to communicate with ALL departments is a VITAL aspect for any member of Site Administration.

Documentation
When it comes to in game documentation, I am MORE than happy to write or record anything deemed of even remote interest, as I believe having events documented is greatly beneficial for the future. During RP you can encounter any number of unforeseen events and situations where having information of previous situations documented can greatly benefit you, or even on occasion save you from certain outcomes. I'm also aware of the effect that no documentation can have, as having a lack of organisation within a department usually causes it to falter.

Knowledgeable
Due to my activity and experience as an ECA, I am more than well aware of how the site operates and the procedures in place for events that may arise. I have a lot of experience dealing with many different protocols and policies throughout the site, and I do not shy away from enforcing these, as I know the benefits that they have for the site.

What are the responsibilities of Site Administration in RP?:

The Site Admin department is generally broken down into one core duty, which is to 'Keep the site running smoothly', however that duty is not a simple one, and is broken down into many sub-duties.

Monitoring the site
The Site Administration is tasked with making sure everything, in every department, is working as it should. This means that they are constantly in contact with and watching over the departments that make up the site via in person means, clearance comms or departmental comms. Whether this is making sure GenSec are keeping D-Block secured, making sure IA are enforcing the FLC or making sure researchers follow policy, Site Admin are there. Monthly reviews of departments are also carried out by Site Administration.

Department Management
It is up to Site Administration to handle the site's departmental affairs. Though each department has at least one director assigned to it, they cannot always see eye to eye with other departments. It is Site Administration's job to make sure that there are no inner-site conflicts breaking out, and that nobody gets in each others ways. Everybody has a job to do. Site Admin are also responsible for seeing where a department excels or lacks in performance and making sure that they are helped where needed.

CL4 Duties
Site Administration is made up of SR CL4 personnel, and as such, has a collection of general site-wide duties they need to perform. This includes authorising the usage of AA to combat SCP breaches when needed, authorising sweeps when a Captain is not present or is unable to do so, accessing and utilising the site's electrical centres when it is needed. As a SR CL4 they are also tasked with the job of monitoring JR CL4s and keeping up to date with issues and events happening within the site.

Relations

As personnel in a position of power and respect, you should be attempting to keep relations with GOIs as it helps to create RP, which leads me to say, you should attempt to create RP in general. Whether this is started by yourself, or simply carried on by yourself, it is beneficial to the sites health that RP is going on. This can be done by interacting with personnel throughout the site, responding in open comms to GOIs such as GOC or just by being quick and smart with how you react to situations.

Please give some lore about your Site Administration character and what storylines they would be involved in:

OPEN FILE?

Y/N

Last edited:

RedMann

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
+support
+really really active
+really really good ECA
+approachable and helpful
+lots of experience

Stealth

Blacklisted Player
Dec 4, 2022
Hello @Vxnt ,

Today I will be giving you a + Support , Throughout my return to the site you have shown great leadership and have always been approachable. Even within E-11 your position and communication as an ECA has stood out. I do believe you'd fit well into this position and hold the characteristics of a Site Administration Member.

Good Luck,
'Falcon'

cityismy

May 10, 2023
+Support
Currently you are the best and most active ECA and I believe that you will make a great site advisor,
- Wybert is the rizz king and you know it :3

Kree

May 17, 2023
+Support
+Active
+Friendly
+Suitable and trustworthy for the role

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
+Support

Best colleague i could ever ask for, embodies all the traits of a Site Advisor perfectly.

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
Hello @Vxnt

I'll be leaving a -/+ Neutral today as the application, in my opinion, doesn't reflect you correctly and I believe you can produce a lot better.

Your lore is very basic and doesn't emulate the creativity you display on the server on a daily basis, you can do better and i'm sure you know this. The application is hard to read due to the formatting, now I usually don't mark down on this but due to Site Administration being quite document heavy, on this occasion I do.

You meet the criteria to be a Site Advisor but with an application like this, you are letting yourself down. I know you can produce better Lily and I do hope you take this feedback on and edit the application to properly reflect who you are.

I do wish you the best of luck and I hope the Site Administration team can give Lily a moment to redo some parts of the application.

• reaction_title.7
Reactions: Vxnt and 'Jerome'

Vxnt

Jun 5, 2022
Hello @Vxnt

I'll be leaving a -/+ Neutral today as the application, in my opinion, doesn't reflect you correctly and I believe you can produce a lot better.

Your lore is very basic and doesn't emulate the creativity you display on the server on a daily basis, you can do better and i'm sure you know this. The application is hard to read due to the formatting, now I usually don't mark down on this but due to Site Administration being quite document heavy, on this occasion I do.

You meet the criteria to be a Site Advisor but with an application like this, you are letting yourself down. I know you can produce better Lily and I do hope you take this feedback on and edit the application to properly reflect who you are.

I do wish you the best of luck and I hope the Site Administration team can give Lily a moment to redo some parts of the application.
Just to say, remade the application a bit and re-formatted it to be more readable. Trying to figure out how to make a different lore, but still working on it. Thanks for the feedback <3

Status
Not open for further replies.